Thanks Thanks:  14
Page 114 of 188 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2819
    j7wild Guest
    Jennifer's Body

3 out of 5

I expected more from the writer of Juno - this movie could had been so much better

Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian

2 out of 5

This movie is pure crap

the Gags in this movie are childish and moronic

this is a sequel that was crank out just to capitalize on the success of the first one regardless of how bad the script was

I didn't laugh ONE TIME!!

I found it more annoying and insulting than Funny!!

I gave it a 2 instead of a 1 only because Amy Adams (as Amelia Earhart) had a nice derriere in the movie

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejohn View Post
    I'm new here but! come on michalz00
    I'm not picking a fight i jsut hope you apprecitate all Guy Ritchie has to offer.
    I agree Rock 'n' Rolla, great flick one of his best.
    But how could you not like snatch? or Lockstock and two smokin Barrels! (Which was the last movie i watched, and 5/5 no doubt)
    That "Finally" meant that I haven't watched a good Guy Ritchie movie only in a while. I also loved Snatch and Lockstock and two smokin Barrels.

Obssesed - 2/5
    Push - 2.5/5 I don't know... Was that supposed to be a "Lost in Translation" sequel or something?!?
    The Incredible Hulk - 3/5 - I like Ang Lee's version better and Jennifer Connelly is way hotter Betty Ross than Liv Tyler.
    Mirrors - 5/5 - Wow! Alexandre Aja movies are great. I can't wait to see his Piranha 3-D

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

Town Creek aka Blood Creek

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0450336/

3 out of 5

The Orphan

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1148204/

5 out of 5

a very well made Horror Thriller; in this age of Hollywood's crappy PG-13 cheap thrills, it's refreshing to know there is still someone out there who hasn't forgotten how to make a Rated R Thriller

Credits
    Observe and Report - 8/10

This had me laughing a lot. It's more tragedy than comedy but that's what makes it funny. So many desperate scenes with unlikeable characters who lead awful lives. Danny McBride steals another film with a fantastic cameo.

Gomorrah - 7/10

Although it has numerous different character strands that weave in and out with no real purpose I thought it showed the grim life of living with crime to perfection. It makes a change to see the low dirty level of real crime and the effects it has on peoples lives. Has more of a documentary feel than a film which adds to it's realism.

Internal Affairs - 7/10

Richard Gere is great and it's an interesting play-off between him and Andy Garcia. It's a really good character based film that time has forgotten. One of Gere's best roles.

The Boat that Rocked - 6/10

I wasn't expecting it to be amazing just another British rom-com but it had some really nice moments. Kenneth Branagh was the best thing in it and stole every scene along with Bill Nighy. The rest of the cast were interesting and the music was fantastic. It could have done with being a lot lot shorter and various things cut out.

Outland - 6/10

Although the film has dated in a few places it still has amazing set design that is reminiscent of Alien. It's dark and grungy and has great tension. It has a great claustrophobic atmosphere. It plays pretty much as a western in space with a the final showdown and plays the countdown really well. I hope the planned remake doesn't ruin the memory.

Office Space - 5/10

I don't know why I haven't seen this until now. It must have slipped past me. It was funny in places although now having seen 'The Office' series (British one) this was nowhere as good at picking apart office life. Stephen Root as Milton was the best thing in it and really saved it. In the end there wasn't enough comedy, wasn't enough depressing office life and finally not enough romance. It was good but not great.

Bugsy - 5/10

Parts of Bugsy were great. Warren Beatty looked great in the role but some of his acting was really awful and bought the whole film down for me. Harvey Keitel and Ben Kingsley were fantastic and most of the other supporting actors helped raise the film. It all comes down to whether you think Warren Beatty gave a good performance, I just felt he wasn't good enough with the rage and anger. It wasn't convincing.

Fast & Furious - 4/10

So poor on so many levels. The two female characters were cast aside and it felt like a bad re-hash or 2Fast2Furious which isn't good as that was the weakest F&F film. Boring story with over the top unbelievable action. At least the original and Tokyo Drift were grounded with some reality. Also the special effects were pretty poor as well.

Punisher: Warzone - 1/10

This is the reason I hate most comic book films. Everything I hate about them can be found here. It was just horrible. The set design, the awful accents, the terrible unrealistic overblown action scenes that wren't even nice to look at. The awful villains who were too comic book cut-out and just don't work in film. I thought Thomas Jane in Punisher was pretty bad but that film looks like a masterpiece compared to this.

j7wild Guest
    Bugsy with Warren Beatty?

Only 5 out of 10?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    Bugsy with Warren Beatty?

Only 5 out of 10?

It's still a pretty good score

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    It's still a pretty good score
    I think it deserves at least a 7 or higher!!

j7wild Guest

Thumbs down

Pandorum

2 out of 5

I had high expectation for this movie - they started out with a good premise and it turned into a formulaic predictable story rehashed from a few dozen sci-fi thrillers

The Surrogates

2 out of 5

another crappy movie not worth your $!!

the story is so confusing and convoluted, you wonder who wrote the script!!

2 out of 5

j7wild Guest
    A Perfect Getaway

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0971209/maindetails

7 out of 10

a well made Thriller with an excellent twist

Finally Hollywood is starting to make quality Rated R Thrillers again!!

Last week I really enjoyed "The Orphan"; this week is "The Perfect Getaway"

I wonder what will I watch that's good next week

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Dan in a Real Life - 3/5

Nice.

Credits
    Bruno - 1.5 / 5

Pointless. I understand what Cohen is trying to do and prove but it could have been done in a way that is a little less crude.

Only highlight is Bono at the end.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

j7wild Guest
    The Ugly Truth

3 out of 5

bad script and Heigl is not that pretty to look at

Credits
    G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra - 1 / 5

I understand the need for change and updating something but sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This movie falls in the latter. This was just poor on so many levels. Way too many character changes and all of them bad and needless.

The only small positive was the Snake Eyes / Storm Shadow fight but even then it seemed like a waste of Ray Park's talents.

Hopefully things will be corrected in the sequel but I'm not holding my breath.

j7wild Guest

Question

Quote Originally Posted by chernabog_ca View Post
    G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra - 1 / 5

I understand the need for change and updating something but sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This movie falls in the latter. This was just poor on so many levels. Way too many character changes and all of them bad and needless.

I just got the DVD screeners in yesterday.

so you saying I shouldn't bother wasting time watching it?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    I just got the DVD screeners in yesterday.

so you saying I shouldn't bother wasting time watching it?

The chicks are hot, I'll give it that. It's an okay action movie and would have been fine had it not been based on G.I. Joe. I'm just not happy with all the changes they made to the backstory and the characters. I realize it's based on Sigma 6 which is suppose to the "updated" Joe so it's got a more futuristic thing going on when it comes to the weapons and such. Just not my cup of tea.