Thanks Thanks:  14
Page 115 of 188 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2819
    j7wild Guest

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by chernabog_ca View Post
    The chicks are hot, I'll give it that. It's an okay action movie and would have been fine had it not been based on G.I. Joe. I'm just not happy with all the changes they made to the backstory and the characters. I realize it's based on Sigma 6 which is suppose to the "updated" Joe so it's got a more futuristic thing going on when it comes to the weapons and such. Just not my cup of tea.
    well I am not familiar with the G.I. Joe universe just like I wasn't familiar with the Transformers universe and I enjoyed the Transformers movies.

I will give this G.I. Joe movie a chance and I'll let you know what I thought of it!!

thanks buddy!!

j7wild Guest
    G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

bad story, bad acting, bad CGI and too much of it

I give it 0.5 out of 5 only because Nichols and Miller are Hot!!

Man, I really hope they are not planning a sequel:

with a budget of $170 million and a domestic gross of $147 million; I would consider this a Box Office flop

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    [B]Man, I really hope they are not planning a sequel:

with a budget of $170 million and a domestic gross of $147 million; I would consider this a Box Office flop
    Yeah, well factor in the International and Home Video sales and you now have a sequel, and they will probably run it dry with straight to video runs as well.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Inglorious Basterds - 6/6

Oh My God! Goddamn it! New Quentin is kicka**!

Credits
    Bucket List - 3/10

It's one of those films that started with some promise yet fell completely flat after about 15-20 minutes. Jack Nicholson is at his most annoying and Morgan Freeman sleepwalks though the film. However the most disappointing thing for me was the awful use of cgi which made the inspirational scenes from the list lifeless and fake. The whole thing felt like a lazy cheaply made film where people didn't really put any love or work into it.

State of Play - 7/10

I really liked the original series so wasn't expecting this to be that good. I didn't think could they cram 6 hours into 2 whilst still keeping it complex and interesting. I was wrong as it still kept the majority of the plot and didn't feel rushed. Ben Affleck was surprsingly good. The only thing that I didn't buy was the relationship between Russell Crowe and Ben Affleck. They were both good but each needed to be paired up with a different actor. Russell felt too old to play Ben Affleck's friend and college room-mate and there didn't feel like there was any chemistry between them.

Step up 2 the streets - 2/10

I've never seen the original so have no idea how it ties in. All I can say is it wasn't great. I didn't like the dancing, the acting was pretty horrible and it was all too cheesy and manufactured. I liked Channing Tatum in films like A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints and Stop-Loss. He needs to stay away from films like this and G.I. Joe.

Credits
    The Invention of Lying - 7.5/10

Pretty decent comedy. At times the comedy didn't quite work. But it was funny enough for me to enjoy it. I was also pleasantly surprised that this movie had dramatic moments.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

j7wild Guest

Red face

Paranormal Activity

3.5 out of 5

not as good as the Hype made it out to be !!

plus it didn't scare me at all !!

People around me were screaming and jumping out of their seats;

I was getting !!

Credits
    District 9 - 4.5/5

Wow....

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Credits
    Inside Man (2006) 5/5

This was a great movie.

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    District 9 - 6/5

Sci-Fi MILESTONE!!!

Credits
    Traitor - 7/10

A good well written intelligent thriller. Don Cheadle was convincing as the Sudanese born American who becomes a terrorist and Guy Pearce offered good support as one of the FBI agents tracking him. The film works well because it shows the blurred lines and complex issues in the war on terror. What are people willing to do in order to achieve victory. The only thing I felt it didn't need was the end scene which felt tacked on.

Escape from Huang Shi - 6/10

Interesting enough story about an English reporter in pre-ww2 China who helps save orphans from the invading Japanese and the Chinese Nationalists. Although it has a great supporting cast with the likes of Chow Yun-Fat, Michelle Yeoh and David Wenham they aren't used enough and become mere distractions. I usually like Jonathan Rhys Meyers but too often he's miscast and this is another one of those films. The film is also missing any passion and that's partly down to Rhys Meyers. Too many scenes that should of evoked emotion fell flat. It's great to finally see some films that deal with the 'The Rape of Nanking' I just wish they were better films, it's about time this massaccre was highlighted.

Good - 5/10

Good is essentially a thought-provoking morality play. How do good people get caught up in great evil and eventually help commit great evil. The main problem I had with Good was the main character played by Viggo Mortenson. He's too weak, too compliant and too apathetic to have any sympathy for. His fall into evil from his principals and his betryal of his friend is too easy. He shows no resistence. He leaves his wife and children for a younger woman, betrays his Jewish friend, surrenders his prinicapls and helps commit one of the worst crimes in history. At the end I think we are meant to have some sympathy for his downfall yet I didn't feel any. This was all of his own making. He didn't have to leave his wife, he didn't have to betray his friend and finally he didn't have to take a job and join the Nazi party.

The Invention of Lying - 5/10

I like Ricky Gervais. He was funny on the 11 O'clock Show, his talk show, The Office and Extras. Yet when it comes to his recent films they've been disappointing. The concept of people only being able to tell the truth is an interesting premise although it wears thin after about 30 minutes. There is a distinct lack of comedy and it doesn't offer any real social commentary. The various cameos could have been great but feel wasted apart from Barry off Eastenders which was easily the best part of the film. Hopefully he'll find a film that suits his style. After Ghost Town and now this I haven't liked his films.

Credits
    My last seen movies:

Apocalypto (2006) 5/5

How To Lose Friends & Alienate People (2008) 4.5/5

Pathfinder (2007) 1.5/5

The Cottage (2008) (Unrated) 2.5/5

Hancock (2008) (Unrated) 3.5/5

Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel (2009) 4/5

The Hitcher (2007) 2.5/5

Superman/Batman: Public Enemies (2009) 3.5/5

Star Trek (2009) 3/5

Drag Me to Hell (2009) 3/5

Wrong Turn 2: Dead End (2007) 2.5/5

Wrong Turn 3: Left for Dead (2009) 1/5

The Proposal (2009) 2.5/5

Credits
    Toy Story / Toy Story 2 3D Double Feature - 5 / 5

Luckily for me they extended the limited engagement beyond the original two weeks allowing me to finally see them today. It's been a few years since I've seen either and forgot a little how great these two films are. Both look stunning in 3D and some of the scenes jump right out at you (gas station scene in the first one in particular).
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

j7wild Guest
    Saturday Night Fever

4/5

it's okay; guess if I was a bit older back in the 70s, I would probably have appreciated this movie more

j7wild Guest

Question

Quote Originally Posted by thedeparted View Post
    I just watched The Prestige for the first time last night. I enjoyed it, although I have to admit I have a fascination with magic. One thing I did find kind of disappointing was the movie was just a little too predictable for me. The foreshadow-ie comments made by Christian Bale all throughout the movie is what set it off for me.
    did you understand the 'twist' at the end?