Thanks Thanks:  14
Page 116 of 188 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2819
    Credits
    I just saw Zombieland, 5/5, I haven't laughed that hard at a movie in a long time, i have nothing bad to say about this film.

j7wild Guest
    Vision Quest

5/5

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090270/

still a great movie after 25 years with a great soundtrack, a Hot Linda Fiorentino and an unforgettable appearance by Madonna

Credits
    Public Enemies - 2.5 / 5

You would think that a movie directed by Michael Mann and starring Christian Bale and Johnny Depp would be a slam dunk. That's not the case with this one. I can't really but my finger on it but I just didn't find it all that interesting. My biggest gripe about the movie is it's look and it might be the biggest factor in my lack of interest.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, digital sucks! I have no idea why Mann is so insistent on using it. I realize that the technology is still new and might be great once it matures but I don't think it's ready yet for feature length motion pictures. To me it looks very amateurish and low-budget especially in low lighting or night time scenes. It just doesn't look right. I'm not sure if it was played back at 24p it would look more film like or not but it just looks awful.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

j7wild Guest
    Kingdom of Heaven Director's Cut

4/5 out of 5

it's sad that after so many centuries, there is still no peace there!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    Kingdom of Heaven Director's Cut

4/5 out of 5

it's sad that after so many centuries, there is still no peace there!!
    It bought it on DVD recently as well. The director's cut is great. I'm glad you liked it

It also has the largest amount of trailers/tv spots I've ever seen on a DVD

Credits
    District 9 - 5 / 5

Lives up to the hype

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    The Proposal - 2.5/5

Nothing special.

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Twilight - 2/5

There's nothing here... All that hype... I can't understand.

j7wild Guest

Thumbs up

The Blue Max (1966)

5/5

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060177/

I never seen this movie before or even heard of it; I came across it while helping to shelve the return DVD rentals at one of my stores.

This is a great movie: good story, good aerial battle sequences using real World War I airplanes, no miniatures and CGI and the ending was WOW!!

If you never seen it, I highly recommend that you find this movie and watch it!!

Credits
    Fast & Furious (2009) - 2.5/5

Nice cars...

Credits
    The Taking of Pelnham 1 2 3 - 2/5

Not nice nothing...

j7wild Guest

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir01 View Post
    The Taking of Pelnham 1 2 3 - 2/5

Not nice nothing...
    Tony Scott took a classic movie and turn it into crap and added his usual "Noiser is Better" touch that he puts in every one of his last 5 movies...

Credits
    The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 - 3 / 5

Haven't seen the original so I can't compare but this was decent. Travolta was born to play villains and is great in this as well. Has that Tony Scott style to it but he didn't really go over board with it.

Credits
    2012 (2 days earlier than in US :-) - 3/5

OK. But just OK. "The Day After Tomorrow" was better. John Cusack good as always, CGI great, but for me "disaster" could be better. Ending is the worse part of the movie.

Credits
    Michael Jackson's: This Is It - 7.6/10

Pretty interesting rehearsal footage. Felt a bit long though. I'm no die hard Michael Jackson fan, but went with some siblings who wanted to go. I wish they showed more interaction between Jackson and the rest of the crew. Most of it was dancing and singing and not enough talking. I was kept interested for most of it, but my mind would wander every now and then.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."