Thanks Thanks:  14
Page 153 of 188 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2819
    j7wild Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardkore View Post
    Really?

I have this movie and the other one (with Keira Knightley) on DVD and they've been sitting in my stack of about 30 movies that I will watch whenever I get around to it.

This one I just got a couple of months ago but the Keira Knightley's one, I had that DVD for a couple of years now.

Credits

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    Really?

I have this movie and the other one (with Keira Knightley) on DVD and they've been sitting in my stack of about 30 movies that I will watch whenever I get around to it.

This one I just got a couple of months ago but the Keira Knightley's one, I had that DVD for a couple of years now.
    The Keira Knightly movie was pretty good in it's own right.I liked this one better.

j7wild Guest
    The Man Who Knew Too Much, 1956 version, by Alfred Hitchcock, with James Stewart and Doris Day

I found it to be over-rated, boring, slow, non-intriguing, unsuspenseful.

I think the reason this movie is rated so high is because of Doris Day and her stupid Que Sera Que Sera song.

2/5

Credits
    John Carter.

Thought it was an amazing movie.. Can't see why it didn't do well at the box office, perhaps the trailer?

j7wild Guest

Thumbs down

Fritz Lang's The Woman in the Window (1944)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0037469/

Tense film noir about blackmail and murder, well executed, until the ending which felt forced!

Instead of a 8/10, I will have to drop it to 5/10 because of the ending.

j7wild Guest
    Used Cars (1980)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081698/

Directed by Robert Zemeckis (Romancing The Stone and Back To The Future trilogy and Forrest Gump)

Written by Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale (writers for both 1941 and Back To The Future trilogy)

Produced by Steven Spielberg and John Milius (Co-Producer of 1941 and writer of Apocalyse Now)

What?

What were they thinking except that Spielberg and Zemeckis and Gale and Milius needed a paycheck so they took anything!

2/5

p.s. when this came out in 1980, I was in 10th grade, 15 years old and I was not allowed to go see Rated R movies unless Dad or Mom took me.

j7wild Guest

Thumbs down

Taken 2 (2012)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1397280/

Do yourselves a favor and don't get taken by this POS!

We started watching it and I left the room not even 20 min into it.

My wife kept watching it to the end and she couldn't stop laughing at it.

This time is Liam and his wife that gets kidnapped and Liam's daughter, who he saved in the first movie, comes to his rescue.

There is no U.S. Embassy in Instabul with U.S. Marines manning 50 calibers machine guns and armored personnel carriers at the entrance of it.

They shoot up the car that Liam Neeson and his daughter are in and used to ram the concrete barricades blocking the entrance of the Embassy.

Then the car comes to the stop inside the Embassy courtyard with both Neeson and his daughter unhurt.

The car is not even surrounded at gunpoint by any U.S. Marines.

Neeson is able to make a call to his C.I.A. friend who will make a call to the Embassy to make sure they are not shot as they exit the car.

Neeson's daughter can't drive good enough to pass the driving test in 2 attempts to get a Driver's License, all of a sudden can drive a stick shift car through the narrow streets of Instanbul with bad guys in other cars, chasing them and shooting at them.

Furthermore, Neeson's daughter is able to set off bombs and grenades smack in the middle of Instanbul and the might of Turkey's Army and Security Forces don't show up at all!

Now there is already talk about a sequel!

Who are they going to kidnap next time?

Since I didn't finish watching it, I can't give it a rating but if push comes to shove and I am asked to rated it, I will give it a ZERO!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    Taken 2 (2012)

It isn't a real life documentation. It is a fun-action-movie with Liam Nesson taking out bad guys. One can criticize him right, but not because of the reasons you mentioned.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Haazhel_Thorn View Post
    It isn't a real life documentation. It is a fun-action-movie with Liam Nesson taking out bad guys. One can criticize him right, but not because of the reasons you mentioned.

Don't waste your time, J7 has a problem with simply enjoying a movie for what it is "Entertainment". But of course we all know that the movies he likes, like Prometheus and the Hobbit are factual and based on true events....

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

Don't waste your time, J7 has a problem with simply enjoying a movie for what it is "Entertainment". But of course we all know that the movies he likes, like Prometheus and the Hobbit are factual and based on true events....
    I know, I know and I usually ignore it, but sometimes it's just too much.

j7wild Guest

Thumbs down

Flight (2012)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1907668/

The movie I watched is not the movie I expected nor is it the movie deceptively depicted in the trailers.

Enough with the religious BS in movies (like Book of Eli).

If I wanted to watch a movie about religion, I would had picked a movie about religion.

Denzel did a good job in his role but of course for him,

there was no acting involved - he was merely doing what he does every day in real life.

The best part of the entire movie is the first scene: a nude scene with Nadine Velazquez.

One of the best nude scene in recent years!

2/5 for the movie, 5/5 for Nadine Velazquez's nude scene.

j7wild Guest

Thumbs up

Manhunter (1986)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091474/

Michael Mann's 1986 adaptation of Thomas Harris' Red Dragon, the prequel to The Silence of the Lambs, later remade by Brett Ratner into the unnecessary and inferior Red Dragon.

Featuring an awesome music soundtrack, beautiful photography, and an up and coming list of stars:

a pre-CSI William Petersen;

Stephen Lang (Colonel Quaritch in Avatar) as the goofy tabloid news reporter;

Dennis Farina as Jack Crawford (the same character Scott Glenn later played in The Silence of the Lambs);

Joan Allen (she went on to receive three Best Actress Oscar nominations for her work in The Crucible, The Contender and Nixon. She'd also played John Travolta's wife in Face/Off and Pamela Lundy in all three Jason Bourne films) as the Blind Woman

Brian Cox (Ward Abbott in the Bourne Identity and The Bourne Supremacy) as Hannibal Lecktor;

and finally the towering, very under-rated actor Tom Noonan as the Tooth Fairy Killer.

I still believe this is Michael Mann's best work along with Thief, Heat and his TV series Miami Vice and Crime Story.

5/5

j7wild Guest

Thumbs up

Just finish watching the Blu-Ray 50th Anniversary Edition of:

The Guns of Navarone

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054953/

4.5/5

Look who is in this as a Nazi.

j7wild Guest

Thumbs up

Operation: Daybreak (1975)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075019/

Rousing, exciting, thrilling World War 2 action movie about the little known British and Czech combined operation to assassinate SS-Obergruppenführer and General der Polizei Reinhard Heydrich, the Nazi Germany acting Reichsprotektor of the Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia.

Directed by Lewis Gilbert (Sink the Bismarck!, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, You Only Live Twice), this little known movie is a good view at a riveting 118 min.

4/5

Objective Burma!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0037954/

Good World War 2 movie but it's laced with a bit of Propaganda and what people nowadays may consider racist (I didn't).