Thanks Thanks:  14
Page 16 of 188 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
    Credits
    I finally saw Sin City with Jedi Taz a couple of nights ago. That movie was quite interesting!! Wow... very original. I liked it. I finally know where my cool action figure toy comes from!! The toy is a little statue thingy that has a big guy strapped to an electric chair and you press down a button and the whole thing vibrates... (me like vibrations).. and a low growlie voice says.. "Is that the best you can do, you pansies?" I loved that toy. Jedi Taz actually bought it for me years ago and we both didn't know where it came from. Now we do! Heee!!!

Oh yah, we also went to the dollar theatre and saw Phantom of the opera the same night. Have any of you guys seen it? Yah, it's an okay movie. Go see it if you want.. it's no big deal. I might buy it on DVD.. or I might not...

Are YOU kidding!!??? Phantom of the Opera is the best FRICKIN movie ever!!! I love it I love it I love it!!! I've now seen it four times. Fifth time, here I come!! I cannot wait till May 3rd... maybe I should buy two DVDs... cuz I know I will wear out the first DVD... is it possible? Ah well.. who cares, two POTO DVDs are better than one!! ooo... no wait.. three is better!!

:big grin: :big grin: :big grin:
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Hostage - 2/5
    This is one of those movies where I just couldn't get into it and there's just something about it that didn't do anything for me. The opening credits are really cool and so is that house but other than that I left disappointed.

This is also the first time that I've seen a movie in an empty theatre. Sometimes I've seen shows where there were at least a handful of people. Kind of weird sitting in a 300 plus seat theatre all by yourself.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chernabog_ca
    Kind of weird sitting in a 300 plus seat theatre all by yourself.
    Not so weird when you have a date with ya!! :big grin: :big grin:

Credits

Thumbs down

Taxi with Jimmy Fallon and Queen Latifah. All I can say is I'm glad I didn't pay for it.
    0.5/5.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Credits
    Sin City (for the 3rd time)

Sideways (2nd time)

The Amityville Horror (first 2/3 are great, but ultimately the film moves way too fast to get a good grasp on character and suspense. It falls apart by the ending, sadly.)

Hotel Rwanda (why more important films like this aren't receiving media attention is beyond me. Sure, it's a fairly simple story as far as a film goes, but its real-life drama and political nature is far more important than films like Million Dollar Baby.)
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    Crash
    Saw it at a sneak preview at a local AMC.
    ****/****
    Alot of people are saying its offensive, go see it and decide for yourself.
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkmanSIX
    Alot of people are saying its offensive
    Maybe they're thinking about the David Cronenberg movie, not the new Paul Haggis one?

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Big Fish 4/5,
    A very entertaining movie.

Credits
    Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy - I feel like ive jus had a bag full of weed!

Credits
    Is that good?

Credits
    u kno what.. thats da part i cant distinguish.. cuz thruought the whole movie.. i kept saying...THIS IS ONE HECK OF A F8cK3D UP MOVIE!! and my mates kept nodding there head in agreement... the thing is... when i say this.. i dont mean this in a bad way.. nor a good way!! this movie is just extremely bizzare!! its almost like it doesnt kno where its going.. and agen i believe this aint a bad or a good thing! Its definetly worth a watch! but i dont kno if everyone will feel this sense of..."this movie was not good or bad.. it was jus bizzarre!"

Credits
    I'm living in India. So I won't get the new movies. Latest I saw was Pacifier - starring Vin Diesel.

Credits
    Blade Trinity

(3/5)

This is my first pseudo-review and is relatively spoiler-light.

While there are some great moments (Ryan Reynolds was a favorite, as were his scenes with Parker Posey) most of the film felt like a cheaper version than the other two. Of course, it is hard to top the epic feel of Blade II. But, they should have tried. Everything felt cheap in this round.

Dracula (aka Drake ) was underused and not frightening. That's not to say that he didn't have some good scenes (his introduction was great, as was his first bits of dialogue) but most of the time he just stands there showing off his tree trunk of a neck. Even red contacts couldn't save the non-presence that this actor had. He would have made a great Russian gangster, though! He reminded me a lot of Karl Urban in The Bourne Supremacy.

Blade does what he does best: looking cool and kicking ***. However, he doesn't have much dramatic pull in this film and is relatively regulated to the background (character-wise, he has about the same number of onscreen minutes as he had in previous films). A major fault is that Blade doesn't use his sword until the very end. Snipes' skill with the sword brings life to the character, but now he just runs around with a big stick in his back but never uses the sword, even though he should have in many action scenes.

Unfortunately, Whistler wasn't a big part of the film, and his role was too easily thrown away (of course, I had major problems when Whistler was brought back in Blade II after his very emotional scene in Blade). I also had problems believing that Abby was Whistler's daughter. It would have been good to show a scene between the two characters, at least in some form of flashback (they tried, but I think they ended up using footage from Blade instead of a new scene) to show the connection between Abby and her father.

I won't even mention the iPod.

Hannibal King was an interesting character and had some great moments (I loved his reaction to the dogs). I think that there is a great back story to the character but we aren't shown any of that. I would have loved to have seen him beaten while as a vampire by Danika. It would have fueled our understanding of his hatred for the character.

I also had some problems with the Nightstalkers. One: Natasha Lyonne cannot act. Her character, Sommerfield, had some of the worst scenes in the entire film (but she was written as an exposition character, so I can't fault her too much on that) and her blindness wasn't believable. Two: It took me a couple of viewings to realize that the little girl was Sommerfield's daughter. I know it was stated by Abby near the beginning, but the two never showed any real emotion for each other (you would think that a little girl would be scared after hearing her mother screaming). It would have been better if the girl was an orphan after a vampire attack, which would have brought a deeper connection to Abby and Whistler. Or at least make the little girl Abby's sister, so then at least we care about her. What's most interesting is that in the end the little girl is saved and then literally disappears for the rest of the film. Three: Patton Oswald is funny but can be overused. He had one scene too many.

There was also a subplot of Blade having to deal with the FBI following the murder of a familiar in public. This was what attracted me most to the film from the trailers. It also leads to some of Wesley Snipes' best acting moments in all the Blade films: when he's interrogated in the police station (I love his reaction to "Who's the president?" "An asshole." Priceless.). However, the FBI plot drops off the planet even though Blade is seen walking through the streets later on without a care in the world. Where were all the police that had APBs on him? The vampires wanted him dead, and everyone knows they control the police. You would think that Blade would have had a run-in or two (and the storming of the Phoenix Tower by police at the end was forced and tacky considering they were nowhere just hours ago).

Parker Posey steals the show but unfortunately has nothing to do but stand around looking creepy. Great contacts, by the way.

Triple H does what does best, stand around looking big and fighting when he needs to.

Again, it pains me that Dracula had nothing to do in this plot. I don't even think that the vampires had a plan this time. It was the same old, same old. "We must kill Blade. We will turn everyone into vampires." What was great about Blade was that we didn't know what Frost was up to until Blade knows. What was great about Blade II was that we didn't know what the Reapers were up to until Blade knows. But now, we're waiting for a plot twist which never arrives. This is a major fault of the storyline.

I also had a lot of questions following the ending... One: Where did Hannibal and Abby go? Two: In the extended version, Blade comes back as a bad guy but doesn't have any natural progression to this evil character. After all of his years of killing vampires, why would he be evil now? Three: If the Daystar virus did what it was supposed to do and killed all the vampires on the planet, then what would Blade do? In the end of the Theatrical Version, it is stated that he continues to fight the war. The war against what? They're all dead! After Hannibal's question earlier about what Blade would do when the war is over, you would think that the film would try to have an answer if they were going to make such a leap as to kill all the vampires in the world with something so easy as green stuff in an arrow.

There were a lot of open-ended questions after the film, but due to Snipes' lawsuit, I doubt that they will be answered.

Out of the two versions available on the Unrated DVD, the Theatrical Cut has the better pacing and the "better" ending.
    Last edited by WorkShed; 05-01-2005 at 11:36 AM.

Credits

Thumbs up HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy

Saw it.

It was good.

Not much like the books, but really how can you make a movie out of a book where everything happened in the character heads anyways. It was cool that they got to spend time going to different planets, instead of just the one.

Arthur was *perfectly* cast. Trillian was hot, in an almost unhot kind of way. I'm *so* glad they put the romance in the movie. I heard some people complain about it, but really there had to be *something* there.

Zaphod was awesome.

Ford could have been better.

WTF was up with the dolphins at the beginning of the movie. How random and expensive (timewise in the movie, and budget wise). I wish it had been less that and more somethign else.

Anyways, on a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a "geek must-see" and possible a "first date movie" if you are comfortable with your inner geek.

FrEEEEEk

Credits
    The Interpreter - 4/5