Thanks Thanks:  14
Page 176 of 188 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 2819
    j7wild Guest

Exclamation

Deepwater Horizon (2016)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1860357/

I wanted to kill everyone of those BP managers that were on the oil rig who allowed this to happen just because they were more worried about their $50 some million dollars they were losing instead of the lives of the 121 men and women on the Deepwater Horizon.

Those BP managers were indicted for manslaughter and found not guilty.

I hope they all go to ducking hell!

4/5

j7wild Guest

Thumbs down

A Kind of Murder (2016)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2726552/

Two men with different lives both have their wives found dead under bizarre circumstances. An over zealous young police detective thinks both men are guilty of murdering their wives.

Now if your wife was found dead and even if you didn't kill her, you will do everything you can to make sure you don't behave like a suspect, wouldn't you?

Well, both men in this movie do the totally opposite and some of the things they do to attract the scrutiny of the young police detective are totally asinine.

The final line of dialogue before the ending credits starts rolling was uttered by another police detective: "Oh Boy What a Mess!!"

Yup! I agree wholeheartedly. This is a movie that wants to be part film noir Bogart style and part Brian De Palma mystery thriller and it fails doing one or the other or both!

But it sure does an excellent job being a big mess!

2/5

j7wild Guest

Thumbs down

Frank & Lola (2016)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1290138/

Man meets a woman and they have what was supposed to be just a one night stand which turns into a flawed relationship due to her secret past.

This could had been great but no! Imogen Poots and Michael Shannon are good actors but their characters had no chemistry together.

They are supposed to be lovers but they came across as just 2 people who are more enemies than friends who can't part ways.

The entire movie was painful to watch, very slow paced, and by the time the BIG secret about her was revealed, you didn't care one way or another for her sorry butt.

Several times throughout the film I kept yelling at him: "Stop thinking with the wrong head! Leave the ducking beyach! Can't you see she is damaged goods? She is not good for you! Run away as fast and as far away from her as you can!"

I can see why this film only received a limited Theatrical release and it was unrated which meant it didn't even get submitted to the MPAA.

By the way, Justin Long is in this movie in a minor role but each time he appears, you just want to cringe.

Am I the only one who finds him annoying and can't tolerate him?

I've only seen 4-5 movies he's been in but each time I've found his mannerism and body language annoying and his acting deplorable.

He reminds me of one guy we had at work years ago who always wanted to be the center of attention, always want to be the one to do the talking at a staff meeting and push his boring useless time and money wasting ideas on everyone, always want everyone to hear his latest stories about his boring meaningless uneventful life yet he thinks his stories are the equivalent of him reaching the summit of Mount Everest!!

1.5/5

j7wild Guest

Thumbs up

The Autopsy of Jane Doe (2016)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3289956/

The films in the horror genre have become monotonous and tiring of late.

We are usually offered two types of horror films: the R rated ones with a lot of blood and gore which doesn't make it scary, it makes it gross and disgusting;

or the PG-13 ones that can't show too much blood and gore so they will resort to bombarding the audience with jump scares, cheap thrills, and every predictable cliches you can think of borrowed from every other horror film ever made.

Then you have the characters. You will always have a group of superflous paper thin characters in a horror movie which you know right from the beginning they are just there to get slashed, mutilated, beheaded, burned, cut up, sliced up, diced and killed a 1000 different ways.

The Autopsy Of Jane Doe is different. Very little blood and gore. No cliches, no jump scares. Totally unpredictable. Atmospherically scary and tense and it's able to achieve that with only 3 main characters in the film, one of them a corpse.

The story is simple: at a bloody and violent multiple murders crime scene, the police discover the body of a young woman half buried in the basement.

They sent the body to the local funeral home and morgue for the father and son coroner to perform an autopsy on her and find the cause of her death.

That's where the horror begins and to say more will be to give the movie away.

I think the reason this movie works so well is because it's not a cookie cutter Hollywood production.

It's a British production and the director is Norwegian, famous for the 2010 movie horror film Trolljegeren (Trollhunter).

James Wan and James Wong! Are you paying attention? This is how a scary horror movie should be!

By the way, that's a real flesh and blood live actress that plays Jane Doe, not a mannequin, and she does a damn great job playing a corpse.

5/5

j7wild Guest

Thumbs down

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (2016)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3393786

They should had titled this Jack Reacher: Never Make A Sequel!

What was the whole point of this movie?? Talk about thin plot!!

Also what was with all the running and nodding???

1/5

j7wild Guest

Thumbs down

The Girl On The Train (2016)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3631112/

A alcoholic woman's self destructive behavior leads to obsession and murder involving her ex-husband, his new bride and their attractive and mysterious neighbors.

This could had been a good movie because of its source: a best selling internationally acclaimed novel.

Unfortunately Hollywood decided to water down the source story when they adapted the screenplay because as usualy, Hollywood is afraid if the story is too smart and complicated, the audience may not be able to follow.

Well, for me it's the other way around. I love an intelligent complicated story. The way the screenplay is written with constant disjointed flashbacks, the lack of character development, it made it difficult to follow the story nor care for any of the characters.

Combined those with the fact that 2 of the 3 main actresses, Rebecca Ferguson and Haley Bennett, and the 2 main actors, Luke Evans and Justin Theroux looked alike and that their characters were mostly just window dressing, there were several parts that were visually confusing.

When the movie reached it's final climax and revelation, the audience was so tired from being dumbed down by the screenwriters and from the very slow pacing by the director, they no longer cared who done what and who did who and who is guilty and who is innocent.

Finally is this a new trend in Hollywood nowadays? The only way a woman can be a strong character in a movie nowadays is for her to be a scheming. conniving. lying and sometimes murderous bitch?

1/5

j7wild Guest

Thumbs down

Allied (2016)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3640424/

This movie was advertised as a war romance epic, released in the months of the year between November and December where films are vying for Oscar nominations, but it never quite achieves it.

It's too bad considering the talents involved: Brad Pitt and Academy Awards winning actress Marion Cotillard in front of the camera and Academy Awards winning director Robert Zemeckis behind the camera.

2/5

j7wild Guest

Thumbs down

Passengers (2016)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1355644/

You are in a hibernation pod on a spaceship on a 120 years journey from Earth to an Earth like planet and due to a malfunction, you are the only one who is awaken 90 years early.

What do you do? You can do all kind of things being alone on a spaceship designed to carry 4,999 passengers and 258 crew members.

This being a science fiction movie, the screenwriter had the opportunity to show off all the great scientific things a lone person can do but NOOOO!

The screenwriter chose to go the easy route and show him playing basketball, break into the VIP suites, eat all the food he can from the food replicators, etc., etc.

How so juvenile and boring.

Then the movie takes a creepy turn when the guy decides to get all stalker on one of his 4,999 fellow passengers who is still in hibernation; a passenger who happens to look like Jennifer Lawrence.

Of course the rest of the movie shows them doing the aforementioned juvenile and boring things together and with both of them possessing no scientific knowledge and skills whatsoever, they must work together to save the spaceship from shutting down and destroying itself.

This could had been the part of the story that brings much needed tension and thrills and action into the film but again, NOOOO! It only manages to show how the screenwriter either failed physical science, biology and physics class in grades K-12 or he wasn't paying attention!!

This movie had so much potential and instead it went to waste. I could have had more fun watching paint dry!

1/5
    Last edited by jacques1400; 12-29-2016 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Added Spoiler Tags

j7wild Guest

Thumbs down

Keeping Up With The Joneses (2016)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2387499/

You find out your cool and hot neighbors are actually real life Mr. and Mrs. Smith and what do you do with that information?

NOT MUCH!!

This could had been a fun movie but nope! The writers couldn't do much with that premise.

The only redeeming value out of this stupidfest is a scene with Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman) in lingerie!

j7wild Guest

Thumbs down

Operation Mekong (2016)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6044910/

What a ****ing mess this movie is!

Characters come and go! You can't make out who is who and who are the good guys and who are the bad guys! The plot is so confusing!

Some of the scenes are just there with no connection to other scenes in the movie.

Some parts of this film felt like 3 different directors using 3 different screenplay each made their little film and then they put those 3 little films together to make the final cut.

This movie earned over 1.17 BILLION Chinese Yuan (about $173 million USD) at the box offices in China?

I guess people were just happy to see a Chinese made action film!

1.5/5

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

Dunkirk (1958)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051565/

No CGI. No Big SFX sequences. A very sad human side movie especially the sequences showing defenseless civilian refugees including women, children, babies and old men being strafed to death by the Nazi Luftwaffe bombers and fighters.

That loser Hack Christopher Nolan can't do no better than this and his film with a budget of $170 million will just be an excuse to use that money to show off the latest CGI, SFX and IMAX 65 MM digital technology - just like his crappy Batman movies.

4.75/5

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

Victory (1981)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083284/

Allied POWs soccer team play in a game against Nazi Germany's top soccer team and uses the opportunity to plan an escape....

.... starring a star studded cast including Michael Caine, Max von Sydow, Sylvester Stallone and 18 real life international soccer players stars including Pelé, Bobby Moore, John Wark and Osvaldo Ardiles.

Directed by legendary director John Huston, this was a decent movie except it doesn't know whether it wants to be a World War II epic with political and propaganda angle and good guy vs. bad guy or just a film about soccer.

It would probably had worked better if the Word War II subplot was removed and they just made it a plain simple soccer movie.

3/5

j7wild Guest

Thumbs up

The Silent Partner (1978)

A bank teller foils a criminal's attempted robbery of the bank he works at and the criminal returns to torment him and everyone in his life.

A superior Hitchcocknian style intense cat and mouse thriller with a chilling twists and great performances by Elliot Gould, Susannah York, Christopher Plummer, Céline Lomez,

Gail Dahms-Bonine

and John Candy - YES! John Candy!!

There are also some beautiful women in this movie.

5/5

j7wild Guest

Thumbs up

Bad Kids Go to Hell (2012)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1865573/

Bad Kids Of Crestview Academy (2017)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3349578/

God Damn!

Who'd said school detention is boring and not fun?!?

Based on the graphic novels by the same name, these 2 movies show us how much fun school detention can be and it would be murder to miss it.

What a wild ride!!

The first film even pays homage to the Great Grandfather of school detention movies: The Breakfast Club.

They even left the ending of the second movie open: bring on another sequel!!

4/5 for both of them!

j7wild Guest

Thumbs down

Arrival (2016)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2543164/

What the duck was this???

What a stupid movie!

They (the critics) dare to compare this film with Interstellar, Contact and Close Encounters Of The Third Kind and put it in the same league as those movies?

I didn't watch this in the theaters.

If I did, it should had been named Departure as in: "hurry up and Depart our planet, you dumb aliens!!" so the movie can hurry up and end and I can hurry up and Depart for home.

Some of the critics reviews said:

1. "it unfolds in an unwavering tenor of chest-tightening excitement" YEAH! More like neck tightening agony because I had the sudden uncontrollable urge to hang myself during the entire time I was viewing of this movie!

and

2. "something to reignite your excitement for cinema!" more like to reignite my hate for the crap Hollywood puts out nowadays and then dare us to charge almost $20 a ticket to watch it!

and

3. "a must-see experience for fans of thinking person's sci-fi" If any of the today's audience had half a brain to appreciates a good film, maybe they will appreciate a good sci-fi but a good sci-fi Arrival isn't.

1/5