Thanks Thanks:  14
Page 19 of 188 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Cinderella Man - 5 / 5

This is why movies are made. One of the very best movies I have ever seen.

Credits
    Mr. and Mrs. Smith 4/5
    Incredibly entertaining.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Credits
    Batman Begins - 5/5

OMFG!!!!!

Batman is back baby!!!!!

Credits
    Batman Begins 5/5,
    This movie was Great. Christian Bale's Acting was incredible, As well as Liam Neeson, Morgan Freedman, and Michael Caine. This is a must see. Very dark, The way Batman was meant to be portrayed. Not sure if this is a good one for your kiddies, You may want to screen it Yourself first.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chernabog_ca
    Batman is back baby!!!!!
    Big time I say. Saw it first thing today. Same rating from me.

This is probably the first Batman movie the super-villians are not stealing the spotlight from the Dark Knight.

If this is not a story about how Bruce Wayne becomes Batman, not sure it'll work cos none of the villians are well and truly menacing. But it works fine in this story.

Like Sith, lots of characters and plots to go through within the film, which is probably an overkill. Minus the predictability of course, and that's an advantage.

Total opposite of Batman & Robin - didn't want the movie to end even after 2 hours+.

And a little sidenote: Katie Holmes has the same squeaky, almost annoying voice like Kirstein Dunst. At least she's prettier. Too bad she got hooked up with The Cruiser. *vomits*
    Last edited by editman; 06-16-2005 at 08:26 AM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Batman Begins In IMAX - 10/5!!!

Oh man I just had to see it again but this time on the really big screen. Let me tell you, it only gets better.

I agree with you on the villians Editman. I have a feeling that is why they chose Ra's and Scarecrow, two of the lesser known villians. This movie is about Bruce Wayne. They needed to start over and now they've done so and we know who the Dark Knight is going to be going toe to toe with in the next chapter. Both times I've seen it, the theatre cheered when we see the card. I have a feeling (and I really hope) that Ra's will eventually be back. His relationship with Batman is unique and a nice change of pace from the usual suspects.

Christian Bale IS Batman. I don't know if I can now picture anyone else playing the part. The whole cast was great and I hope that they can get them all back for what I hope will now be a solid franchise.

Thank you Mr. Nolan for giving us back Batman.

Credits
    yup i watched BATMAN BEGINGS on IMAX aswell yesterday and absolutely loved it.. feel totaly the same as the guys above... a day il never forget!!!
    its morning now.. and my heads still spinning...!!! so im gona refrain from typin too much

im not even a fan of batman..neva liked him..but this movie totaly changed all that for me!

5/5 - best batman movie ever!

Credits
    I have waited a long time to say this....

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm is no longer the best Batman movie ever made.

Just got back from Batman Begins. That movie is absolutely awesome, although I still think that Kevin Conroy does a better Batman voice.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    Just got back from Batman Begins. My lord. Nolan is the man. I'll be seeing that again. And purchasing the DVD. And probably a poster too. Yeah.

Credits
    "Freakin' sweet!" were words that echoed in my mind! I am, of course, talking about Batman Begins. Being a Bat-fan since I saw Batman & Robin (hey, this was when I was young enough to think it was good; it done something right, then).
    I was thrilled by what I saw on the screen. The pace was keep slow enough for you to take it in, but fast enough for those who wanted a cheap 'bang-bang' thrillride (although that is not what the film should be recognized as, even if the conclusion borders on being one). A very dark tone throughout, but incredibly fitting, and when things get depressing, out come to mild jokes that stop the film caving in on itself. What should be noted by many parents is that this is not a kids film, even if they fill the stores with toys. This is an adult film, that at times is actually scary (including Batman himself, just the way he should be). The best way to describe the film is basically a mix of the animated series (1993, not the other one that runs on WB right now (not that I've seen that)) and some of the dark 80's comics.
    Acting is superb but Wantabee was disappointing underused and should of have had more screentime before he was killed. However, he, Cillian Murphy, Tom Wilkinson and Liam Neeson are very well used villians, but Nolan limits their screentime because this is not their movie. The Burton saga made that mistake and they dealt with that. I just hope that they don't do that mistake again with the sequel (c'mon, you know it's gonna happen), where they are going to have Batman fight Scarecrow and Jack Naiper (AKA Joker). The other cast are on great form too, except Holmes, whose saddled with love interest. Hell, they might as well called her Mary Jane. (they're a reason this comment is hidden ) Freeman almost steals the show as Batman's Q, and he's just so much fun.
    But it isn't all great. The fight scenes are a bit too close to the action sometimes (I know Nolan was going for Bourne Supremacy, but they didn't shoot that close!). Then again, none of the Batman directors are known for great fight scenes (if so, then Burton wouldn't had the climax of Batman in a cathedral too dark to see anything, let alone people fighting!), so this is hardly new criticism. The other thing was that Scarecrow was such a pansy in the second half after Batman used the gas on him. I nearly burst out laughing after Scarecrow got tazered after that dramatic entrance. I'm sure that laugh was not intentional. Oh, and one other thing... Could Bruce stop revealing his hidden identity to every woman he walks into for crying out loud! He's always way too eager to do this. I'd like to figure out why.
    I hope they listen to the complaints and bring us the ultimate set of Batman films. I might even see this again...

P.S. If some of this review feels a bit random, then it's because the summer heat is blazing here and the sound system at my local cinema was at least 2db too high (you know you're in trouble when the slight orchestral beat makes a vibration you can feel very well through your shoes).
    Last edited by Matt; 06-20-2005 at 12:21 AM.

Credits
    There is a thing in this world called 'paragraphs', you know.

All right, so the flick's great and exciting. No one needs to start his/her mornings/afternoons/evenings with a headache by reading a big chunk of words.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by editman
    There is a thing in this world called 'paragraphs', you know.
    LOL

Man you're getting picky

Credits
    Honestly, I wouldn't call that picky. I'm checking my email this morning, everything was fine and dandy until I came across the notification with IGT's block of review in it. Got an instant headache.

I would really like to read on. But there're just way too many freaking words.

A huge block of words online is very reader-unfriendly. For Pete's sake I'm not reading some sculpture pillars or prolonged classified ads. This is as bad as posting a link to another site asking people to read his reviews.
    Last edited by editman; 06-19-2005 at 05:30 PM.

Credits
    Batman Begins...awesome...awesome...awesome
    "34 million American adults are obese. Putting together that excess blubber would fill the Grand Canyon two-fifths of the way up. That may not sound impressive, but keep in mind it is a very big canyon."

Credits
    Fixed. Obviously another effect of the cinema putting the film on way too loud.
    Quote Originally Posted by editman
    This is as bad as posting a link to another site asking people to read his reviews.
    I do this beauase often my reviews are very long and I certainly don't want to spam up JPB's forum. (last person you'd expect those words from, but there you go...) It also gives the user a choice as to whether he wants to read the review or ignore it.
    Last edited by Matt; 06-20-2005 at 12:39 AM.