Very cute! 3.5/5

Batman Begins
    Very awesome! 5/5

Mr. and Mrs. Smith
    Very entertaining! 4/5
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith - 8/10
    Better than the other prequels but still nowhere near as good as the originals.

Batman Begins - 10/10
    Just bloody amazing.

Credits
    Huge spoiler alert! If you haven't seen Batman Begins don't read on!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Acting is superb but Wantabee (sic) was disappointing underused and should of have had more screentime before he was killed.
    That's because Watanabe's a decoy, since Ducard is the real Ra's Al Ghul. (I'm aware that it wasn't very clear in the film. In fact I didn't know until I read the adaptation comics. Those of you who are skeptical, consider: 1) the thing Ducard taught Bruce about distractions, theatricality and deception, and most importantly, the whole 'more than a man' thing; 2) when Ducard fights Bruce in the Wayne Manor he said that Bruce brunt down his house.)

So there's no point of bring Watanabe or Ra's Al Ghul back in the sequel, cos they are pretty surely killed off in this film

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Could Bruce stop revealing his hidden identity to every woman he walks into for crying out loud! He's always way too eager to do this. I'd like to figure out why.
    Not taking the previous 4 Batman films into account, Rachel Dawes is, after all, Bruce Wayne's love interest. One could argue that if you love someone, you have to trust her/him entirely and don't keep any secret from her/him even if you are the local caped crusader. Even editman's closest knows his true ID (excuse the example).
    Last edited by editman; 06-21-2005 at 01:55 AM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    i kno if i was a superhero.. id find it hard to keep a secret from every1... i too wud probably reveal my identity to every gal that i want to impress. I guess Batman is truely human in that sense

Credits
    I saw some older movies these days, while waiting for Batman Begins...

Zombi 2 (1979) 3/5
    Zombi 3 (1988) 1/5
    Runaway Jury (2003) 4/5
    Stacy: Attack Of The Schoolgirl Zombies (2001) 3/5 weird... but interesting
    Last edited by lafce; 11-07-2005 at 01:46 PM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by editman
    That's because Watanabe's a decoy, since Ducard is the real Ra's Al Ghul. (I'm aware that it wasn't very clear in the film. In fact I didn't know until I read the adaptation comics. Those of you who are skeptical, consider: 1) the thing Ducard taught Bruce about distractions, theatricality and deception, and most importantly, the whole 'more than a man' thing; 2) when Ducard fights Bruce in the Wayne Manor he said that Bruce brunt down his house.)
    So there's no point of bring Watanabe or Ra's Al Ghul back in the sequel, cos they are pretty surely killed off in this film
    I did figure out the decoy thing. But it still annoying to see a talented actor as Watanabe wasted in two scenes. We barely know who he is before he snuffs it.

As for the real Ra, I'm betting that Ra's not gonna return after that. His fate was sealed after Ra/Ducard closed his eyes as the train flew off it's rails.

Credits
    You guys are forgetting that Ra's is an immortal so there is the possibility that he survived.

Credits
    You have to realize, though, that Ra's is actually 600 years old in the comics because he keeps being ressurrected by a "Lazarus Pit." So maybe we haven't seen the last of him.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    I can't say anything on this subject since I haven't seen the movie or read any Ra's Al Ghul Bataman stories... yet.

Credits
    It was sort of Albert's fault that Kim Basinger knows about Bruce/Batman in the first Batman movie. And it was Jim Carrey's fault that Nicole Kidman knows about it too in Batman Forever.

There only has been Catwoman and Rachel that he had voluntarily told and shown that he is Bruce/Batman.... but in the Catwoman's case- Bruce wanted to save her.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by radstar
    It was sort of Albert's fault that Kim Basinger knows about Bruce/Batman in the first Batman movie.
    Alfred, Master Stef.

Re: the possiblilty of Ra's survival/resurrection...

One way or the other if Ra's coming back from the dead it'll be Liam Nesson who is returning, not Ken Watanabe. IGT's point about Watanabe's almost-cameo-like appearance in the film, though, is valid. But there's just no screen time to squeeze more of the kagemusha in, and that's why he didn't get the top bill, as with Cillian Murphy.
    Last edited by editman; 06-21-2005 at 03:14 PM.

Credits
    First off, it is Alfred, not Albert (LOL an English Butler named Albert, that just strikes me as funny... thanks, I needed that laugh).

Secondly, I think Kidman figured out that Bruce and Batman are the same person after she kissed Bruce (you can see it in her reaction), but even if she didn't, he was planning on telling her before they were so rudely interrupted.

But it never ceases to amaze me how many characters have secret identities that they hide from virtually everyone in the comics and then they get a movie and suddenly their identity isn't much of a secret (see Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Superman 2, and Daredevil for just a short list off the top of my head).

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by corfy
    But it never ceases to amaze me how many characters have secret identities that they hide from virtually everyone in the comics and then they get a movie and suddenly their identity isn't much of a secret (see Spider-Man 2)
    Spider-Man 2 is probably why I hate the 'lets reveal my identity to everyone' thing. By the end of S-M 2, Spidey seems to have revealed his identity to a large portion of NYC. But that's another discussion.

As for the possible return of Ra, in my book, it's not happening. They don't even mention his Lazarus Pit, nor his immortality. You can call the 'I had a wife' thing a reference to one of his past lifes, but that's not really substansial enough as evidence. Ra is deader than a dodo.

Credits
    No point predicting stuff, anything can happen

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by corfy
    First off, it is Alfred, not Albert
    *smacks forehead*