Thanks Thanks:  14
Page 21 of 188 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Credits

Land Of The Dead

I saw a screening of Land of the Dead, George Romero's latest entry in his zombie films.

I must say I enjoyed it. It had had everything you wanted from his films, gore, zombies and an interesting story. But I have to admit it was not very scary and that is because of the change in how the zombies are portrayed. There was nothing really creepy about them because the film focused on the same few zombies throughout the film. They did have some good moments towards the end of the film, some exciting sequences. But some fell flat. I give it a 7 out of 10.

Looking forward to War of the Worlds

Credits
    Just saw War of the Worlds this afternoon. Spoilers alert! If you haven't seen it don't read on.

It's not so much a sci-fi movie, but rather a horror movie. And as one, I found it quite intense (which is a good thing).

I really like the way it shows the negative side of human nature at least in the first half of the film. Yep, when the alien attacks, it's survival for one's own interest (or the closest of his/her family).

I also like how the Cruiser's character is depicted as a sleazy, slightly off-kilter loser (before he turns into the genre hero in the second half). I haven't seen Collateral so I dunno how's that compared to his performance here. Hopefully it's not method acting or him playing himself falling in love with Katie Holmes.

And Dakota... is she really a kid? Damn she's good (though can be better).

The probe in the basement scene reminds me a lot of the kitchen scene of Jurassic Park.

I don't know if the ending is too much of a 'happy ending'. It seems rather miraculous for the son to survive at the end as well. One can really see that coming, secretly hoping maybe he couldn't make it when the battleground was in blazes.

And that's all I have to say about it.
    Last edited by editman; 06-29-2005 at 04:42 AM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    War of the Worlds - 4.5 / 5

What can I say, Speilberg is the master. It was just great to watch. I have a feeling that there's going to be some backlash as people will be going in expecting an action movie and not getting one. Plus the ending leaves a little to be desired but it fits. I do want to read to book now.

Credits
    Cannibal Holocaust (1980) 4/5

Finaly saw it... interesting expirience... I also watched Last Cannibal World (1977) (aka Jungle Holocaust), but it's like a musical compared to the first one.
    Last edited by lafce; 11-07-2005 at 01:48 PM.

Credits
    Sin City 5/5

Not much to say here. Excellent graphic novels - excellent movie.... couldn't have been better.
    Last edited by lafce; 11-07-2005 at 01:49 PM.

Credits
    Days of Thunder.

Saw it at a drive-in. Very entertaining!
    3.5/5
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

j7wild Guest
    I am watching Hide and Seek right now... so far it has not caught my attention....

Credits
    I normally only list movies that I have seen for the first time, but I will make an exception.

In honor of the holiday, we re-watched my all-time favorite movie, 1776.

"I have come to the conclusion that one, useless man is called a disgrace. That two are called a lawfirm, and that three or more become a congress!"

"In all my years I ain't never seen, heard nor smelled an issue that was so dangerous it couldn't be talked about. Hell, yes, I'm for debating anything."

"You should know that a rebellion is always legal in the first person such as 'our rebellion.' It is only the third person, their rebellion, that is illegal."
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    Kung Fu Hustle

Was a little skeptical at first. I hated Kung Pow. But Kung Fu Hustle was so funny and entertaining. Much better than Kung Pow!
    4/5

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by radstar
    Kung Fu Hustle... Much better than Kung Pow!
    Of course it is. Kung Pow's a clip show trying to make fun out of something not supposed to be funny. Kung Fu Hustle's fair dinkum martial art (deadpan) comedy.

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits

Smile War of the Worlds

War of the Worlds
    5+/6

Really good, really scaring.

Sometimes Robert show us his genius...

Credits
    Batman Begins 4/5 *(Great one!)
    The Perfect Man 1/5 *(Money Wasting Day)
    Herbie Fully Loaded 1/5 *(Money Wasting Day II, except for the excelent CGI effects(*ironic *)
    War of the Worlds 2/5 *(Independence Day remake without the fun)
    Fantastic Four 2/5 *(I expected way more than that)

Why don't we just finish the job by flushing our brains down the toilet?

My DVD Collection

Credits
    Fantastic Four 4/5. Although I didn't go in thinking it was gonna be a great movie. I enjoyed it very much. I liked the special effects. I liked the acting. It was a good summer flick.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Credits
    My Name Is Nobody 5/5

Gotta love a movie where Sergio Leone and Morricone are involved... plus it's got Henry Fonda. Brilliant!
    Last edited by lafce; 11-07-2005 at 01:51 PM.

Credits
    Fantastic Four - was alright, nothing special compared to the other superhero movies......