Thanks Thanks:  14
Page 46 of 188 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Miami Vice - 4 /5

Mann is da' man! His style is amazing. Everything about the look of this movie is great and so is his use of music. My only complaint about the look is that I don't think digital is fully matured yet. There are some moments that just don't look all that great and weird. Other than that the movie is a real treat for the eyes. I especially liked the Havana portion and the gun fight at the end

The plot isn't really anything new that we haven't seen before but it works. Now the audience I was with seemed to be made up mostly of about 23 year old's and under who seemed less interested in paying attention and more interested in complaining. One girl behind me asked another girl what was going on towards the end and she replied that she had no idea for most of the movie. There were large groups that walked out during various points in the movie. I also heard several "I fell asleep" comments when leaving. To be fair the movie does drag in certain parts but overall it's not a complicated movie to watch and was very entertaining. Mind you I guess it depends on what you are expecting going in and I have a feeling they thought they were going to be watching Bad Boys.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

j7wild Guest
    Miami Vice 4/5.... one of the complaints people at the test screening had was that you couldn't understand some of the dialogue;

it's true; I didn't understand some of the dialogue and there are parts of the movie where the dialogue and the music track kept cutting in and out;

not sure if it's the film or the projection at the theater.

Credits
    I didn't have any trouble with the dialogue nor did I have many problems understanding Li Gong, although I had read reviews before seeing it complaining about not understanding her so I guess I just paid a little more attention.

j7wild Guest
    oh I understood her just fine;

I had problem understanding some of the dialogue between Crockett, Tubbs and their team;

like when they (Crockett, Tubbs, Castillo, Gina, Switek, etc., were talking about how to proceed with the meet toward the end, it was just garbled!!)

Credits
    Might have been the print you were watching. I don't remember any problems with the audio. The only problem I had was what looked like a huge scratch in the film for a few seconds.

Credits
    Bound - 2 / 5

Head a lot of good things about this movie but after watching it I have a feeling the only good thing people were talking about is that little 5 minute scene near the beginning of the movie. Overall I wasn't impressed.

Credits
    Derailed: 3.5/5
    very predictable surprises, but still enjoyable to watch
    Aniston is a real bitch in this one..

j7wild Guest
    chernabog_ca didn't like Bound?

I'm surprised!!

Credits
    Funny, I just finished watching Derailed as well. I give it a 3 /5. Not a bad thriller but as DVDRick said, a little on the predictable side. Vincent Cassel does play a great bad guy.

Nope didn't like Bound. Just didn't do anything for me.

Credits
    Just rented "Beowulf & Grendel", I liked it but if you're an action fan, don't bother watching it cause there isn't realy that much action in it. Nevertheless it is a beautifull movie, good acting from Stellan Skarsgard and Gerard Butler, the movie also shows us how beautifull Iceland is.
    I'm a mog, half man, half dog, I am my own best friend.

Credits
    Poseidon: 1/5
    OH MY GOD, this movie was so horrible, so utterly bad, that my friends and me started to make so much fun about the movie after a few minutes

the acting was so ULTRA bad, the logic behind some scenes was sooooo stupid, the effects looked mostly super bad and not 160 million dollars worth, every possible clishe is being used in such a horrible and cheap way, that you cant take anything serious about this movie.

But, we had ALOT of fun watching it. We laughed so hard on scenes that were intended to be taken serious, which rescues the movie somehow.

j7wild Guest
    I agree DVDRick - terrible movie and a great disappointment coming from Wolfgang Petersen.

He used to make good movies (Das Boot, In The Line of Fire, The Perfect Storm, Air Force One, Troy);

I guess he got too Hollywoodnized!!

I am so glad my wife and I watched this at the $1 movie theater!!

Credits
    Out of time: 4/5
    wow, what a fast paced thriller
    After 10 min, the movie starts its engine and doesnt power down. no slowdown, no boring moment, a good denzel washington & a hot eva mendes.
    Sure it has tons of mistakes, also it doesnt make any sense many times and overall its nothing special, but the 90 minutes runtime went by so fast, which is always a good sign.

Credits
    Shinobi: 4/5
    WOW, wonderfully filmed ... I love movies like this!!

Credits
    woohoo, alot of movies recently, I really enjoy my new homecinema

Firewall: 3/5
    the best part of the movie was the middle part, the beginning and the ending were simply boring, stupid & dumb.

----

two little side-notes for someone who saw this movie too:

1. visit: www.pet-nav.com

2. does someone else had the feeling, that when harrison ford did the pretty hard stunts at the end of the movie, that the face was cgied on the stuntmans face?