Page 5 of 188 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 55 105 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Latest movies I've seen...

The Passion Of The Christ
    What can I say... it is one of the most powerful stories of all-time, so there's really no point in reviewing the plot of the movie. I was extremely impressed with all the technical aspects of the movie, the cinematography, the score, the editing, all very impressive. My only complaint is that we only got fleeting glimpses of earlier events leading up to the last days (the last supper, etc.) and I would've liked to see some more of that, I think it would've added greatly to the power of the film... make it 2 and 1/2 hours, every other movie these days is anyway.
    3.5/4 stars

Broken Lizard's Club Dread
    The name says it all.... wow, why was this movie even made? It's all been done before and immensely better. It only gets half a star because of all the nudity and violence.
    0.5/4 stars

Starsky & Hutch
    I'm gonna start this by saying I love Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson, (and even Snoop Dogg at times), and it was really a great idea. But where the hell were the writers?! I laughed lightly maybe a few times, since all the funniest parts were already seen many times in the previews for the film. Lets take a look at the people they got to write this alleged blockbuster... story by Stevie Long (of The Mind Of The Married Man, a quickly canceled unfunny HBO show) and John O'Brien (of Cradle 2 The Grave, we all know how great the story in that one must've been, and the upcoming Dukes Of Hazard remake, God help us all). WHAT were they thinking? I'm only giving this the rating I'm giving it because they did a great job re-creating the 70's and the ingenious (but misused) casting of Snoop Dogg.
    1.5/4 stars

Credits
    Cheaper by the dozen!- likes this flick aswell! kids were sooo wiked! and i for one am finding steve martin to be funny agen! This was a great movie to be watching wid da whole family

Credits
    Torque - i agree wid carl below
    http://www.epinions.com/content_132406742660

Credits
    Lord of the rings: Return of the king - Good stuff indeed! shame i neva had da chance to watch it earlier.

Credits
    NASCAR 3D: The IMAX Experience

Wow sums this one up. I've never seen an IMAX 3D movie before, only standard ones, and I must say I was blown away by it. I've never seen 3D quite like this before.

How's the movie? Well if you're a NASCAR fan, like myself, you'll love it. If you're not a fan I still think you will like it. It's not all racing. In fact it's more or less a documentary. It explains the roots of the sport, the history of great drives, the work that goes on in the shops, etc... There is some great racing action. They shot footage at an assortment of races in the last year or two. All the on track and on board footage was shot during practise sessions. Watching the races on TV and seeing the in car cameras is cool but it doesn't give you the sense of speed. The on board shots in the movie sure do.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    Blade 2.
    I was bored.
    Watched it.
    Wasnt bored.
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

Credits
    School of Rock
    Great movie, good laughs, rock music fans will love this one.
    "In case I don't see you--good afternoon, good evening and good night." -The Truman Show

Credits
    Saw Paycheck this evening.

Not a John Woo masterpiece like 'Face/Off' or anything he did in Hong Kong, but it's as good as 'Broken Arrow' and 'Hard Target', and much better than 'M:I2' and 'Windtalker'.

If you treat this more like a Woo action film rather than another 'Minority Report' (forget 'Blade Runner' - it's nothing like the classic), you'll enjoy it better.

I don't know but to me Uma was trying really hard not to act like The Bride here, resulting that you can see she's acting her role. But maybe it's just me.

And I don't know about that pigeon.

Other than that, it's another one of Woo's decent works of brainless action film, with his usual slow-motion shots, stand offs, reference to children etc.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Just finishing watching Janghwa, Hongryeon (aka Tale of Two Sisters, A ) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0365376/
    i saw this korean horror film in front of my computer this evening with no one else around me.
    what shall i say? the film is good combination of Japanese horror movie(like Ring series) and Hitchcock! i just didn't know what the movie is about untile i finish watching it. I rated it 9 out of 10

ZHao:But in my arms, she was always Lolita

Credits
    the passion of the christ
    5/10

imo very over-rated.
    i don't see where the point of this movie is. i would have preferred to see a movie covering the whole life of jesus. this was just 2 hours full of blood. i felt a bit touched by it, but i've seen some movies that had a much bigger effect on me and will stay with me much longer than tpotc. i think it would have a bigger effect if gibson would have shown more of jesus' earlier years instead of starting with him getting punished.
    about the violence:
    if some people hate tarantino because he glorifies violence, than they should really hate mel gibson.
    i don't see the slightest reason to show the tortures jesus had to go through in slow motion, imo the movie is way too stylish.
    i have no idea where this movie is "good for the soul" like gibson claims.
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    Gothika

Nice movie but the End Sucked so bad.....

Credits
    Starsky and Hutch (pretty good, better than most TV-show movies)

and

Dawn of the Dead (2004 version) (very good friggin' flick)
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    School Of Rock
    We Were Warriors
    Matchstick men

Credits
    The Princess Blade

Well, what really made me interested in watching the movie is the beautiful colors and composites in the trailer. And unfortunately, this is almost all I got from the 90 minute film. Apart from the flourish art direction and cinematography, I didn't find much to appreciate!

Also seen The Matrix Revolutions. I saw there has been some discussion here about it, so I don't want to start another war. But my opinion about it is very positive and I find it, and the ending, a perfect filmmaker's choice for concluding the triology.
    It is not enough 'I succeed'. Everyone else must fail.

Credits
    gothika
    5/10

Page 5 of 188 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 55 105 ... LastLast