Thanks Thanks:  14
Page 5 of 188 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Saw finding Neverland.
    I was hoping for a better film, and definitly more of Johnny Depp

Credits
    Hero.

Pretty good movie. I wuz a bit confused throughout the whole movie. But I enjoyed the fight scenes. I give it a 3.5/5
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    I saw The Incredibles.
    I liked The Incredibles.
    Sam Jackson Had a small part.
    The teenage girl was annoying.
    Had a lot of great moments.
    (Was embarressing to be the only middle aged man in a theater of 1 gazillion kids under 10 years with their mothers)
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by radstar
    Hero.

Pretty good movie. I wuz a bit confused throughout the whole movie. But I enjoyed the fight scenes. I give it a 3.5/5
    Ahhh... my girl's cinematic choice is getting better and better.

It's actually not that confusing, each version of the story is presented in a different colour of dress code: Nameless made-up version in red, The Emperor's assumption in blue, the actual version in white, and The Emperor's flashback in green.

Don't you just lovvvvve Tony Leung (who plays Broken Sword.)

BTW went to see Taxi yestersay. Yep another guilty pleasure of the year. I did have fun with it, even though I'm not really into cars. Plus finally got a chance to see the Revenge of the Sith teaser on the big screen.

The only thing I dislike about is that the language of the movie has been cut down for a lower classification. For example the line "Buckle up your seatbelt mother-" in the trailer is EXACTLY the same as in the movie. Damn I paid 11 bucks expecting to hear more than just 'mother'!... Hmmmm... I smelled an 'unrated version' treatment for the upcoming DVD release...
    Last edited by editman; 11-17-2004 at 07:40 PM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    open water
    4/10

extremely boring
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    Bridget Jones' diary 2..

Blah.. I liked the first one better... 2.5/5

Credits
    Alexander The Not So Great.
    2/10
    2 stars for the 2 battle scenes which were the best part of the movie. The film seems to continuely bash you over the head with the fact thats he bisexual.

Credits
    Well iv been ill for about 3 weeks now, so havent been able to go to the cinema, the last film i saw was AvP, hoping to c the incredibles next week, when i finally go back to work, c i cant go to the cinema when im off work because i work there so i would get a discplinary
    In the year of our Lord 1314
    patriots of Scotland
    starving and outnumbered
    charged the fields at Bannockburn
    They fought like warrior poets
    They fought like Scotsmen
    And won their freedom

Credits
    Last movie I saw was, saw or man on fire. I had surgery and haven't been able to go to the cinema, might go next week if my cousin wants to go.

Credits
    National Treasure - 2.5 / 5

I can understand some of the poor reviews but it's a pretty fun popcorn flick.

Credits
    Originally posted by editman
    Poor fella/gal. Is that why you've been hyper-active in this Forum lately cos you're bed-bound?
    Yeah, it's hard finding things to when your lying in bed doing nothing. Hence these forums are my answer. Also editman, im gonna stop using personal comments and use points that will further a discussion.

Saw - 4/5, I thought that this was a great movie, the acting may have not been top notch but I didn't mind. The concept has been clearly thought out and the story is superb. In conclusion, you should buy this movie when i gets released on DVD.

Man on Fire - 4/5, This movie was as good good as I hoped it would be, Denzel Washington is superb as always and the story is gripping and keeps you hooked through the whole movie, although there are slow parts throughout the movie, you forget about them when the revenge part of it kicks in. In conclusion, this movie will be a great addition to your DVD collection when it gets released on DVD.

Credits
    Went to see Garden State today. Boy, I love it so much I'm gonna call it IMO the best film of the year, and one of the best of this decade. Every decade there's a character-driven film with great visuals and lot of uneasy humours (which if you think deeper you'll realise you shouldn't laugh) like this which explores issues about personal relationships and/or social satire that I really like: The Graduate in the 60s, Midnight Cowboy in the 70s, Falling Down in the 90s. And I think I've finally found one for this decade that I can really relate myself into.

Natelie Portman's performance is perfect in this film. Probably her best performance since 'Leon'. Gee how I wish I can have a soulmate like Sam...

At a better time, this film will be recognised with an Oscar. For a long time this is definitely one of the few great films with great teaser/trailers.

Also went to see National Treasure: Hmmm... it's quite alright for a Jerry Bruckheimer formula film, worthy of spending a Wednesday afternoon missing a few work calls . On the scale of The Rock, Top Gun, Pirates Of The Caribbean (though I don't see why!) being the top and Armageddon, Pearl Harbour the lowest, this lies somewhere upper-middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Charismaslover
    Also editman, im gonna stop using personal comments and use points that will further a discussion.
    Good. Just to make it clear though: I, or the other mods, has nothing against posting personal comments. In fact, I encourage other Forum members (whom I call 'Forumites' from time to time) to reveal a bit of themselves in the real world. After all we're all curious about one another and what the others are like. What I wasn't so sure are short, personal comments, which leads to nowhere.

Write something insightful. Make worthy discussion with other members, then you'll make friends here. But don't make the Forum look too much like a real-time chatroom - we used to have one but it's hard to get people together from different time zone on at the same time.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by editman
    Went to see Garden State today.
    i want to see that too
    went to england over the weekend and there even was a preview at the local theater, but of course it's one day after i left

so i watched "bridget jones 2"
    wasn't very good, not nearly as charming as the first part
    5/10

also saw spider-man 2 for the third time in an unversity "theater"
    still 8 /10

Credits
    i kno im a normal average londoner... but hey.. im also an asain (indian) kid therefore natural for me to go and watch some bollywood movies ryt? well today me watched a "yash chopra" movie (basically they make a limited amount of movies compared to other companies, and nearly everyfilm they choose has a certain sense of high standard)

well today i watched a movie called Veer-Zaara and oh boy.. was it a wiked film or was it a wiked film.... yes it was a wiked film lolz the movie was soo atmospheric and had a great umpfh to it with its great soundtrack that jus gave me a chill!! the characters are strong and bold and the main characters are very assuring as there characters... like not for a moment will u believe that Veer is not Veer.. and Zaara is not Zaara (yes u may have guessed by now that the titles name is based on the 2 main characters). If you wanna escape from ur everyday hollywood style movie den i strongly recommend that u find a cinema that is showing this movie with subtitles (nearly all da cinemas in UK seem to be showing this movie) This movie really knew how to make me laugh and cry! it definetly deserves the right for me to go and advertise this movie to every1 n any1 who has not heard of it

Official website (flash) http://www1.yashrajfilms.com/veerzaa...microflash.asp
    (ul find sum promotional trailers on there aswell.. look out for the 2minute trailer.. thats my favourite!!)

Last edited by aS!Dz; 12-01-2004 at 06:25 PM.

Credits
    Saw The Incredibles. A fantastic movie. I also booked for Phantom Of The Opera coming out here December 10th, almost 2 weeks ahead of the US.

Page 5 of 188 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast