Thanks Thanks:  14
Page 53 of 188 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
    Credits
    I just got home from seeing the Departed. I am pretty much speechless, it was by far one of the best movies I have ever seen, and definitely deserves the oscar this year. This was not overhyped, they have advertised it a lot, but it is really worth seeing, at least once, if not more to get the full story. I would have to give it a 4.9/5. Truly amazing and spectacular

j7wild Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by legolasfan411 View Post
    I just got home from seeing the Departed. I am pretty much speechless, it was by far one of the best movies I have ever seen, and definitely deserves the oscar this year. This was not overhyped, they have advertised it a lot, but it is really worth seeing, at least once, if not more to get the full story. I would have to give it a 4.9/5. Truly amazing and spectacular
    why the .1 loss in rating?

I saw An Inconvenient Truth today about Al Gore and Global Warming and it's quite interesting!!

4 out of 5

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by legolasfan411 View Post
    just out of curiousity have you seen Infernal Affairs? if so... how wud u compare it?

Credits
    saw 3 movies the last week:

Heartstopper: 0.5/5
    Robert Englunds role was a joke and overall a crap horror movie. It had 2 things I liked:
    #1: some pretty good gore effects
    #2: a PSP used as a weapon

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind: 4.5/5
    GREAT MOVIE! I am impressed by Sam Rockwells work.

Waist Deep: 0/5
    oh man... such a horrible gangster movie, bad acting everywhere, no logic at all, bad cast, everything so bad.. a movie by and for stupid people

Last edited by DVDRick; 10-11-2006 at 11:16 AM.

Credits
    The Departed - 5 / 5

WOW!

Now this is a movie. I'm going to try and see Infernal Affairs in the next few days.

One question, Does the capital building have any significance? Is it symbolic in some way? Sullivan seemed obsessed with it in a way
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    2 and a half movies I caught while I was away:

The Departed (who didn't): an interesting remake, better translated into an American setting than expected. (Definitely not the worst remake with Mark Wahlberg) Some of my friends who'd seen the original had a hard time of 'knowing how it ends'. But that's probably because they don't see lots of movies, originals or remakes, like yours truly do.

I like the way they compbined the characters of Mary (Ming's wife) and Dr Lee (the psychiatrist) into one character. Serves better with the split-identity motif.

I also like the way of deposition about Billy Costigan's background (which took an entire prequel to do so with Infernal Affairs), though a friend of mine said that made the Act I of the film boring.

Not sure about spliting SP Wong into Queenan and Dignam - to me it looks as if Dignam was created solely to serve the film's ending.

The violent scenes are rather full-on by recent Hollywood movies' standard (a tribute to Hong Kong cinema?) Reminds me of Scorsese's hay-day works (kind of like Taxi Driver with the last scene with original saturated colour.)

And the Chinese mafia guys speak laughable Cantonese.

Rob-B Hood - another film that's much better than expected. Dare I say it's Jackie Chan's best work since Rumble in the Bronx. A good mix of comedy, action and sentimentality very much like those in his Golden Harvest haydays like Mr Canton and Lady Rose (Miracles, The Canton Godfather or however you call it.) And unlike failures like City Hunter, the goofiness and sentimentality actually work in the film's context.

My only complain is that there's not enough screen time for Michael Hui to fully display his potential, though he did a decent job in this film.

Magnificent Desolation - I only saw a 2D version. But for an IMAX film it's pretty entertaining.

And these are the films I saw on the plane:
    Lucky Number Slevin - The advertising campaign worked magic without mentioning the darkness of the ending, got me totally by surprise. That also probably explained why the movie didn't do well, with everyone expexting a comedy.
    Brokeback Mountain - finally watched it. Expectedly good. Didn't realise Anne Hathaway showed her breast (again ) and Anna Faris had a small role in this film.
    Over the Hedge - okay pastime. But it's probably right that I didn't see it in the cinema.
    Breakfast at Tiffany's - yes the Hepburn classic which I haven't seen until yesterday afternoon. The story did nothing for me but I must admit I love Audrey's rendition of Moonriver even more after seeing the film.

Credits
    garfield 2: 1/5
    only watched it, because a friend of mine is a fan of the garfield character... was not sooooooo funny and not as good as garfield 1, too bad

Credits
    See No Evil (2006) 3/5

j7wild Guest
    Man of the House

2 out of 5

I seen this movie trailer at the theater several times and it went straight to video.

Is Tommy Lee Jones career pretty much over that he is picking crappy projects?

Credits
    Feast (2005) 4/5

Credits
    the break up: 1.5/5
    not very funny, its mislabeled

j7wild Guest
    Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

.5 out of 5

Worst Movie I've seen this year so far!!

I even gave it a .5 rating lower than RV, 2nd worst movie I've seen this year prior to this!!

Credits
    Syriana: 3.5/5
    its a good movie, and the ending truly shows the corruption everywhere, but for the movie itself, it wasnt that good filmed. Just becaue the shaky cam style and some famous actors were used, does not automaticly mean, that the movie is well done.

Man of the house (hd): 1.5/5

not soo funny but tits and 5 pair of them to enjoy a hour and a half

j7wild Guest

Question

Quote Originally Posted by DVDRick View Post

Man of the house (hd): 1.5/5

not soo funny but tits and 5 pair of them to enjoy a hour and a half

which girl was your favorite?

mine was Barb!!

Credits
    yeah barb!! stupid as **** but cute when she plays with her globes