Thanks Thanks:  14
Page 7 of 188 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Napolean Dynamite

Saw this in Ft. Worth, Texas a couple of days ago. It wuz a weird moovie. I only give it one star cuz of the cow thing. The only part I laughed at...

the farmer shot the cow and the kids on the school bus were screaming
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Saw The Phantom Of The Opera. The UK got this first and it is a fantastic film. Great acting, sets, cinematography and, most importantly, music. Some of the cues will make your neck hairs stand on end. Not quite perfection (nothing can be), but it's up there.
    9.5/10

Credits
    LOTR: ROTK EE

Finally finished watching it. Took me two nights to do it. I was tired after the first half last night so I waited to tonight to finish it. A lot of the added material is great. I'm just thankful that Jackson didn't decide to extend the 20+ minute ending any further.

Credits
    tried to catch up on a few movies lately

The Manchurian Candidate
    wiked movie, good conspiracy theory stuff.. almost feels like a bit of a sequel to "fallen" as to how the world can be soo confused...& only becuz denzels character is very similar sorta thing. Very good movie tho.. not summat ud love to watch in cinemas, but defo a dvd movie! very good stuff! The directors chosen camera angles are majorly stuck to First person view shots.. bit like that channel 4 program Peep Show.. i must say that constant first person shots widout ne other shots inbetween do tend to get up on my nerves.. but it didnt matter too much as its use is justified in this movie as facial expressions of each characters are kinda vital in how there actings protrayed thru n stuff.
    4/5

------------------------------------------------

Watched The Incredibles yesterday, i absolutely loved it.. due to the normal reviews its been getting.. i was totaly caught offgaurd by this supreme superhero movie thats Non stop Action Roller coaster ride of a movie with laff out loud moments. Its on par with Monsters Inc (and thats my fav pixar movie.. now there both my favourite pixar movies) as far as im concerned.. i loved it!!!....an INCREDIBLE movie

5/5

-----------------------------------------------------------

I watched "The shawshank Redemption" today.. must say it was a beautiful movie!! very down to earth.. a top movie.. da story was a beauty!! and da film was shot as a masterpeice! top notch movie.. jus wasnt the kinda movie i expecting it to be. and like scarface... even tho it was brill.. i cant really see myself watching that long movie agen.
    rating 4/5
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Saw: man i thought this movie was definetly very disturbing.. .. must say the starting of the movie had extremely good potential at being one of the best movies...but once they started adding in more characters.. the flavour of the movie started to downgrade a little.. all da torture scenes were just as badly horrific as each other... da plot had a few looopholes that i clearly noticed.. but non the less brilliant Plot twist.... Overall... Great Starting.. Great Ending.. mediocre middle. sadly another movie i will never dare to watch agen!
    4/5

Credits
    had a nice movie evening with my better half

bully
    8/10

mambo italiano
    5/10
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    garden state 5/5 - a must see!!! :big grin:

Credits
    Saw this in the IMAX theater yesterday. It was pretty funny, although Ben Stein didn't have a large enough part. The 3D effects were great.

Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    I think the last movie I saw wuz Mr. 3000 last Tuesday. It wuz a good movie. I just LOVE baseball movies.. or any sports movie for that matter.

Credits
    I, Robot 4/5
    It was really good! I think I gave it such a high rating cause I expected it to be total CRAP but it was great.
    The effects were amazing as well.
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

Credits
    Jingle all the way came on tv yesterday... was a good funny movie.. probably arnie at his funniest.. which still aint thaaat good.. but heck it was a good xmas movie!

Credits

Thumbs up

I saw Limeny Snicket on Friday. There was a new art deco stadium seating theatre that just opened called Rave, and I saw it there. I was very impressed. I don't mean to be an advertisement, but if this place opens up near you I highly recommend you see a movie there.

Oh by the way,The movie was really good to. Definitly not just a kids movie. More like a Tim Burton movie. Jim Carey was tollerable because he wasn't too over the top, and it didn't make me feel like I was going to go into a sugar coma like most of his "kids" movies do. Definitly check it out.

Credits
    My Favourite Martian: another movie that came on tv that was harmless stoopid fun 2/5

The Village: i must say im one of those people that isnt actually an M night fan and i mean i like dem...but not as much as other people.. and Signs was actually one of the movies that i found terribly boring.. The village was a movie where i wasnt expecting much as reviews were of no big deal. Whilst watching the movie i must say... there really wasnt much to expect.. but thats what i liked about this movie.. had a very subtle feel about it.. and loved the potrayal of the oldern style lifestyle and the "those who we dont speak of". Yes this movie doesnt have an abrupt plot twist.. yet a very mild slow revolving twist.. which i kind of really enjoyed and made me think... aslong as u dont go into this movie expecting a straight out horror, gory movie.. u shud be okay!
    4/5

Credits
    Without a paddle: the first 30minutes of the movie was soooooo terrible!! i mean it cuda gone onto being one of the worst movies ever.. but den the gags kept rolling in one after another... .....Seth green totaly saved this movie..he played the perfect geek to point fingers at n laff! his character was hilarious!! had me crackin up to the floor laffing.. from a seriously crap movie.. it turns into a funny harmless comedy. some wiked movie quotes like!!!"one minute u mock my sweaty balls.. and now u wanna cuddle em!?".."not till he puts jabba back in his hutt"
    2.5/5

Credits
    Saw Lemony Snicket yesterday...

Hmm.. I'm not quite sure what I think of it. It's okay. I would have to say it's the least Jim Carrey's movie that I like out of all his movies...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by radstar
    Saw Lemony Snicket yesterday...

Hmm.. I'm not quite sure what I think of it. It's okay. I would have to say it's the least Jim Carrey's movie that I like out of all his movies...

The thing is, Stephie, I found Count Olaf the most evil villian Jim's ever played. I was actually kinda disturbed seeing the movie last week when it came the point that Olaf plots to marry Violet for the inheritence. With Olaf's murder plotings I can take it as kinda like a Road Runner cartoon. But marrying a 13-year-old girl for money... I know there's no sexual undercurrent there, but somehow I was unease about that, wondering if it's gone too far.

BTW she rang me again (after I left her a message on her mobile yesterday after I spoke to you). And fingers crossed, she won't have to work next week and no boyfriend figure tagging along, we'll be going to movie and that will be the best Xmas present for a tormented man.

BTW2: your cold gettin' better?
    Last edited by editman; 12-23-2004 at 06:21 AM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Page 7 of 188 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast