Thanks Thanks:  14
Page 77 of 188 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2819
    j7wild Guest

Exclamation

Ocean's 13

4 out of 5 - not as good as the first one but definitely better than the 2nd one

Vacancy

2 out of 5 - stay the ******* away from this Piece of Crap Movie

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    The Simpsons Movie - 4/5
    I must watch it with subtitles.

Transformers - 5/5
    Pure fun and action!

Credits
    Black Rain - 5/5
    excellent, loved it! Both Douglas and Garcia were amazing, music was great ... just the whole movie worked so well. too bad that DVD transfer looks like crap

Robocop (unrated) - 4/5
    classic IŽm glad I finally got nice DVD of this, I always loved that crappy TV show when I was young kiddo. The movie however is typical Verhoeven.

Knocked up - 4/5
    didnt disapoint me and thats the most important. I loved 40y.o.v. and this is pretty much the same stile. I love this production
    Me angry! WhereŽs my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    28 Weeks Later (2007) 4/5
    Very entertaining. It has enough "nice" moments and gore to keep a horror fan satisfied.

j7wild Guest

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Lafce View Post
    28 Weeks Later (2007) 4/5
    Very entertaining. It has enough "nice" moments and gore to keep a horror fan satisfied.
    I watched that the other day too but I have a problem with so many holes and continuity problems in the story!!

so I can only give it 2 out of 5

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by st39.6 View Post
    Black Rain - 5/5
    excellent, loved it! Both Douglas and Garcia were amazing, music was great ... just the whole movie worked so well. too bad that DVD transfer looks like crap
    Black rain is a great film. It's one of the best films of the 80s. Ridley Scott's visuals are always perfect.

Anyhoo I caught up on some more recent DVD releases

Wild Hogs (1/5)
    Ok I knew what this was going to be like before I rented it but I managed to end up disapointed I was hoping it would have been something like City Slickers. It wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen and Ray Liotta wasn't bad it just could have been so much better.

Sunshine (4/5)
    I saw this back in April in the cinema and it's been a long wait for it to come out on DVD. It's just as good as I remembered although the film would be better if some of the side characters were fleshed out more.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    I watched that the other day too but I have a problem with so many holes and continuity problems in the story!!
    I agree about the story, it certainly wasn't a good one, but I loved the action in the movie and that's what made it very enjoyable for me.

Credits
    action? I must have watched another film. 28weeks was certainly a disapontment for me, same as for j7wild, except I didnt care about plot holes, I just think it was poorly shot

Today I watched only
    Bonnie and Clyde - 5/5
    classic
    Cashback - 3.5/5
    interesting visuals, some good ideas, but nothing great

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    The Italian Job - 4/5

Very nice action/thief movie. Charlize... ,my Charlize

Credits
    Disturbia - 3 / 5

I've never seen Rearwindow so I can't make any comparisons but it wasn't too bad. I would have liked it to be a little more suspenseful. Not as good as The Simpsons episode!
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    Death Proof (2007) 2.5/5
    First half of the movie - 3.5/5, second half - 1.5/5. I guess I like the first group of girls more then the second group. I hope Planet Terror is better.

j7wild Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Lafce View Post
    Death Proof (2007) 2.5/5
    First half of the movie - 3.5/5, second half - 1.5/5. I guess I like the first group of girls more then the second group. I hope Planet Terror is better.
    yeah, Planet Terror, Cleavage City!!

Credits
    I just finished Death Proof and cant disagree more. First half was boring as hell. Those women were ugly. Second part was amazing. Loved the dialog, loved the chase, loved the blonde chick (new-zealand stunt), loved rosario. and kurt got his a** kicked damn hard. 2/10 + 8/10. I cant believe IŽ, spliting movie that is already part of double feature, into two halfs.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by st39.6 View Post
    I cant believe IŽ, spliting movie that is already part of double feature, into two halfs.
    Hehe... me too.

Well, I didn't like the chase that much. The crash in the first half was more interesting then that entire chase. They could have easily stopped and just shoot Mike if he comes back.

And what happened to Lee? - that's what I want to know...

Credits
    hehe, I bet you dont want to know .... you want to see
    Actually both ends of that movie were really great. The crash and then kickin RusselŽs a**. Both were well stylized, well shot and it sure brought intense and humor in one. I loved it.