Thanks Thanks:  14
Page 9 of 188 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    Credits
    saw Shark Tale again last night!!

so cute
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Sideways...excellent. Not sure if it's the year's best, but it is worthy of lots of praise. Loved the characters.
    "34 million American adults are obese. Putting together that excess blubber would fill the Grand Canyon two-fifths of the way up. That may not sound impressive, but keep in mind it is a very big canyon."

Credits
    the grudge (2004)
    4/10

i didn't like it, maybe i'll check out the japanese version
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    Blade 3:
    wernt as bad as i expected it to be.. after hearing all that "so bad that wesley dont want nething to do wid it..." and blah blah.. but yeah it was bad.. but it wernt that bad! i kinda weirdly enjoyed it..the direction of the movie was terrible at the start but i found it to slightly get better as the movie progressed as with the characters.. it felt like this movie went for more of a comic feel rather den the earlier 2, with the style of sam raimis spiderman especially seeen with the baby scene and the superhero villian take out.. with all da fast screen slides and split screens (which i must say was rather good).

The star of the show for me was most definetly Ryan Reynolds tho (yes sharkmansix :p) lolz he was jus gr8 as the comic relief. Jessica was orite as the hotty. as for wesley.. i dunno.. it seemed that at points he fell out of his role. The badguy... i hated the scene where he was doin da slow mo walk thru the busy crowd.. as it jus made him look like da good guy for a moment! Which is rather terrible! As for the fight sequences.. they were orite..loved the weapons but alot of the punches seemd like they were slaps.. or jus didnt connect!

wud be wiked to see a spin off tv show or sumthing of the character: King, but honestly doubt it wud happen.. as for the music.. it was great but in certain scenes it jus did not compliment the scene at all.. hence good taste in music.. but bad taste in insertion of the movie (with the exception of the final fight sequence). The story itself was again nothing spectacular at all. but non the less.. Orite!.. i guess it suceeds as a time passing movie which it most probably aimed to acheive (aswell as makin da obvious big bucks which it prob didnt get). To sum it all up..i enjoyed the movie rather more then i expected to.
    3/5

Credits
    Garden State
    What can I say that hasn't been said? This movie was amazing and I am highly looking forward to any other movies done by Zach Braff.

Credits
    Team America World Police: man i loved this movie was totaly hilarious!!
    i just laffed my guts out at some parts man!! geneeeius! only thing i hated about the movie was the fact that ive had enuff of hearing the south park voices!! but i guess i got around it after a while.
    5/5
    "Wow.. u really are dedicated"

Credits
    Blade III Trinity

Omg.... this movie was ultra bad... the directing was awfull and the acting was none excisting... and the action was lame at best..

The thing that did the most damage to my opinion of this movie was the lame
    badguy... they wake up old Dracula himself and they rant on about how powerful he is... and what do we get? a Wrestling type Inrique Iglesias (spelling?) with **** for brains and no fighting skills... first time him and blade meet he runs seckund time he gets killed in 2 minuts flat... he was lame, and a little part of me died when i saw there version of dracula.. bram stokers clasic will never be the same to me after watching this...
    The female vampire would have made a mutch better villien if she had gotten more screen time... she was just about the only cool thing in this movie..

Spanglish

I realy cant say how mutch i loved this movie... the acting was great, the story was moving, funny, sad, and you learned somthing... i realy felt for the ppl in this story... and especaly Sarah Steele made a huge impresion on me...
    and i whont even get into Paz Vega witch is the new nr.2 on my "MEGA CUTE" list right after Liv Tayler...

Fed7haS
    She's just too pretty for Hollywood. I don't know, put her in a glass box and display her at the Metropolitan Museum of Art or something. - Jake on the topic of Scarlett Johansson.

Credits
    Eternal Sunshine:
    Excellent film. My favorite Kaufman film thus far. Very good depiction of love.

It's a shame it won't get an oscar nod for best picture. Carrey was very good as was Winslet.

Credits
    The Village

I enjoyed it more than Signs and Unbreakable. After the 'twist', I found the whole premise to be very interesting. I do have one question, if it is suppose to be a wildlife preserve, does no one actually go in to check on the "animals" that are suppose to be in there? If so would they not have discovered the village?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chernabog_ca
    The Village

I enjoyed it more than Signs and Unbreakable. After the 'twist', I found the whole premise to be very interesting. I do have one question, if it is suppose to be a wildlife preserve, does no one actually go in to check on the "animals" that are suppose to be in there? If so would they not have discovered the village?
    if u saw the company name of the wildlife preserve, it resembles da same surname of the ancestors, in other words i think some1 was rich enuff to own that whole land..all they needed to do was give strict restrictions on what parts not to enter i guess, thats what i jus remember from watchin da movie so i myt be wrong...

Grudge: ahh man big dissapointment! i found the trailer more scary and sly! whereas the movie didnt make jump even once, nor got my heart pounding... da movie itself was kinda rather boring and da whole concept of the story was okaaay.. but thats about it, and da weird use on non-linear only had me confused for a while...rather den intrested..
    In my books da movie scores a dissapointing yet generous 2/5

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by aS!Dz
    if u saw the company name of the wildlife preserve, it resembles da same surname of the ancestors, in other words i think some1 was rich enuff to own that whole land..all they needed to do was give strict restrictions on what parts not to enter i guess, thats what i jus remember from watchin da movie so i myt be wrong...

The first thing I did notice was the name Walker which was Ivy's family name and her father (William Hurt) did mention that his father was rich. It makes sense from that perspective. He was the one that proposed the idea to the group during the voice-over when they open their box. I just found it odd that they would be able to go unnoticed.

Does anyone else think it would have been better if we hadn't found out that the creatures were not real until after Noah attacked Ivy in the woods?

Credits

The first thing I did notice was the name Walker which was Ivy's family name and her father (William Hurt) did mention that his father was rich. It makes sense from that perspective. He was the one that proposed the idea to the group during the voice-over when they open their box. I just found it odd that they would be able to go unnoticed.

Does anyone else think it would have been better if we hadn't found out that the creatures were not real until after Noah attacked Ivy in the woods?
    Its not that they didnt go un-noticed were probably led to assume that the company is given strict orders to keep that villiage confidential and give it a name of a wild life reserve or whatever to stop people questioning whats in da forrest.. so outsiders refrain from interfering aswell

and me personally thought it went rather well that they told us before that the creatures were unreal.. as in one speech Ivy's father mentions something like.. the creatures were based on a myth... so when Noah was acting as da creature.. i really did think that the myth was a true myth (in terms of the movie)....so i guess in that terms it wasnt soo bad.. but yeah i can see where ur coming from also
    Last edited by aS!Dz; 01-14-2005 at 01:36 PM.

Credits
    just saw "closer"
    8/10

Credits
    Not necessarily. The point is you don't know what direction the story will be going to next (and that's brilliant about it.) I remembered at that point when it is revealed the creatures were made believe, I was still digesting the facts revealed and still wasn't sure if there really ARE creatures in the woods whick would attack Ivy.

On the other hand, when the truth was revealed, it reinforces to the theme that the real monster is interal rather than physical, thus it makes sense when Noah attacked Ivy in the woods, as the internal beast takes on the physical form. (Sounds like an artsy-fatsy cinema studies argument but the bottom line is: by revealing the truth it doesn't undermine the intensity of the attack scene. As Hitchcock puts it: suspense is created not by what the audience doesn't know but by what the audiences know - now I'm being artsy-fartsy.)
    Last edited by editman; 01-15-2005 at 05:43 PM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Truth or Consequences, N.M. (1997): i saw this in a store once and thought eh its got Kiefer in there... so i went out and rented it, and i must say it was quite darn enjoyable! the cops and robbers style thingy was intresting and even tho the movie seemd a little long it had little segments to keep me intrested! Kiefer sutherland was great, loved his jack bauer style mad man/trigger happy antics. As intresting and tragically great this movie was! its one of them movies u would rather just watch once.
    4/5

Page 9 of 188 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast