Thanks Thanks:  14
Page 94 of 188 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2819
    Credits
    Watched Aguirre: The Wrath of God tonight. Pretty good.

Credits
    Iron Man - 4 / 5

Never read the comics so I wasn't really familiar with the story or characters. They did a great job in introducing Iron Man. Movie has some good action, some laughs, and a lot of cool toys. Downey is perfect in this.

Good way to kick off the summer movie season.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    IRON MAN 4.5/5,
    this was a GREAT COMIC MOVIE, I have heard people complain that this did not have enough action in it. IMO it didn't matter because Robert Downey Jr. was BRILLIANT.
    I really enjoyed this movie from beginning to end. P.S. stay for the end of the credits for alittle something more.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

Speed Racer

4.75 out of 5

This movie surprised me with the story and the visual cinematography and special effects; it's even more impressive than Sin City, Matrix and 300!!

I had low expectations when I went in and I left with a big on my face!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    IRON MAN 4.5/5,
    this was a GREAT COMIC MOVIE, I have heard people complain that this did not have enough action in it. IMO it didn't matter because Robert Downey Jr. was BRILLIANT.
    I really enjoyed this movie from beginning to end. P.S. stay for the end of the credits for alittle something more.

I couldn't agree with you...it was a sweet movie! I missed that extra reference to Nick Fury at the end...read about it on the net tho. I can't wait for part 2!

Credits
    The Mist (2007) 4/5

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    IRON MAN 4.5/5,
    Excellent movie .. I went in with very low expectations and was pleasantly surprised.

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Alien vs. Predator: Requiem - 3/5

Credits
    Again, I am a tad behind the times, but I have watched two movies recently that I have never seen before.

The first was "Night at the Museum". That was a funny movie, and I enjoyed it a lot. I can't wait for the sequel.

The second was "Amazing Grace". That was a really good movie. There probably won't be a sequel to that one, though.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    I made it to the movie theater for the first time this year last night and saw "Iron Man." To be honest, after hearing everyone talk about it, I expected it to be a little better, and I disagree with people who say this is the best comic book movie ever made, but I did enjoy the movie and I will definitely be getting it on DVD when it comes out.

Credits
    Atonement - 4.5 / 5

The last of this year's BP nominees on my to see list. I honestly didn't know what to expect from it but I was captivated by it. Amazing story and strong performances from the entire cast. The long shot at the beach is remarkable!

Credits
    Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull (2008) 5/5
    I can understand why many people, including some of my friends that saw it with me yesterday, are disappointed with this movie (I won't say why exactly for now, don't want to put spoilers in this post since many members have yet to see the film), but despite all that I enjoyed it very, very much, was entertained throughout the whole 2+ hours and will certainly see it again (but not on the big screen)... Still, it's not better then the Raiders or the Last Crusade or even the Temple Of Doom - but that was expected, I guess.

Maybe after some time passes some of its flaws will start bothering me more, but for now it's 5/5 from me - although not the same 5/5 that the first three get.

j7wild Guest

Question

5 out of 5?

You are too generous my friend!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    5 out of 5?

You are too generous my friend!!
    As I said - I'll see how I feel about it after some time, but for now I can't say I didn't enjoy every minute of it (no matter how ridiculous some of those minutes were )...

Credits
    Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - 3 / 5

Is it a good adventure movie? Yes. Is it a good Indiana Jones movie? I’m going to have to say not really. To me it just didn’t feel like an Indy movie. I think my biggest problem with the movie is the sci-fi aspect to it. The first three movies were about supernatural mysteries and I think this should have carried that on. I loved the idea of looking for El Dorado but for it to end up being a flying saucer didn’t impress me that much. That’s fine, I could live with it but then there are the moments and sequences that are so over the top that it almost feels campy and slapstick. That’s fine, just not in an Indy movie.

I forced myself not to get too hyped up about this as I didn’t want to be disappointed. In the end I still ended up being slightly disappointed