Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

T3 Question(Spoiler)

Just Saw T3 again today. Still love it, but the final speech got me confused. I understand that Skynet was the virus, but I don't understand how it started in the dorm rooms. Did it come out from the Military servers and take over from the outside in? Did the T-X plant it on the net? Did it start from some computer game with strong AI that became self-aware? I think the first answer is most likely, but I'm not sure how the hell it did go out if it wasn't active...

Thoughts?
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    My impression was that SkyNet was a computer program designed by the military as a potential controller of all military assets. Of course, it wasn't completely finished.

The program somehow became self-aware, and wanted the controls THEN. So it snuck out of the military network and caused havoc the way a virus would. By doing so, it knew that the humans would be forced to use it in order to stop the virus. And in order to completely kill the virus, Skynet would be given complete control over every military computer.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    Right, but the thing about that that didn't make sense was how it became selfaware and went out when it hadn't been turned on yet. Anyway...

Credits
    what i really don't get is how he shut himself off and then back on????
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Originally posted by radstar
    LOL!

well, they did turn Skynet on and then it spread like a worm (not a virus which needs to be opened to be active)

Credits
    how about .. how does she control all those cars? i mean yes modern cars have CPU and such but nothing directly connected to the wheel... but then again.. how does a sexy looking lady have a hand that pumps out flames and shots out shock waves....hehehe

so basically T3 still points out what Terminator and T2 all this time wanted to point out.... about Destiny and that the judgement day will happen no matter what they do..

IMO the ending is such a downer and that the plot "shouts out" .. SEQUEL !!!

they could have easily ended with the text "TO BE CONTINUED" ... that could have been clearer...lol
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    From what I gathered, SkyNet was a system AI to control all military functions. When the virus got into SkyNet, both of them combined and spread to all computer systems.

There is no central computer for SkyNet, its just one big network. Kinda like the voice in the wind.

What I don't get is y couldn't the team just go to the Military base right away and tell them the whole story? I guess the Terminator told them differently because of something very good happens in the future that will cost the lives of everyone.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    SkyNet was a system of computer control for military assets (weapons, navigation etc) built to control the entire US forces all at once. Think about it. 100% control of the Navy and Army and Air Force = 100% control over co-ordinated attacks. Less chance for a flaw = more sucess in future military opperations.

And PEOPLE are still in control of SkyNet so in theroy people are still "in the loop".

SkyNet must have been programed to think for itself though - with minimal human contact for worst case senerios and things like that. Human control was like a backup system

Well problem is that "thinking for itslef" it comes to the conclusion that humans are the problem with the whole system and, having the computing power of everything connected to a military unit, must quickly decide on how to solve this "human" problem.

Now if it works like that (and...remember that this is a movie ) if it can get into computers on subs and in tanks and missle silos (which it can) from there it's not a long hop to the internet and just about any computer in the world that is connected.

So SkyNet has no centeral server which it resides on because it is everywhere. Like a virus it infects the sub computers, car computers, silo computers...and yes without knowing the difference probably the whole internet. (or maybe it DOES know the difference and uses it to block out communication among civillians.)

Originally posted by radstar
    Well remember again that it is a movie
    But a computer can easily turn itself off. Mine does all the time And turning itself on is no major feat. But it usually needs to get a spark of power to boot up. (A term talken from "to pull yourself up by your own boot straps" in other words...to turn yourself on)

Lets just say that the Terminator is from the future and he can do that without a button.

Addium Edit: If anyone gets MaximumPC July 2003 page 12 (Vol 8 No 7) has an excellent article about a hybrid virus named Fizzer which actually kinda has the startings of how a SkyNet virus MAY work. Except it still needs human instructions. Very intresting stuff.
    Last edited by Marcus; 07-17-2003 at 10:30 PM.

Credits
    ok some some questions...lol

How do John, Catherine, and the Terminator gain access to the military compound where Catherine's father is located? We can assume that the T-X gained access using her ability to disguise herself, but our heroes just waltz in to try and stop her. Surely there would have been tight security to prevent unauthorized personnel from easily gaining access to the facility, not to mention the command center.

How does she shift it from park into drive? How does she steer? Driving a car is a mechanical process. If the car itself was already equipped with a computerized remote device, and she gained control of THAT, she could do it, but that's not the case. Remote control of a normal car goes beyond "controlling machines"

Arnold says the T-X doesn't know where John Connor is because he left no paper trail. But he's still the primary target. Not knowing where he is, she attacks his lieutenants. Why didn't the machines send her back to a time where they knew they could find him, as they did in the second movie? Unless her primary mission was to start the war all along.

not from me but they are intersting...

Credits
    Originally posted by tisoy
    ok some some questions...lol

How do John, Catherine, and the Terminator gain access to the military compound where Catherine's father is located? We can assume that the T-X gained access using her ability to disguise herself, but our heroes just waltz in to try and stop her. Surely there would have been tight security to prevent unauthorized personnel from easily gaining access to the facility, not to mention the command center.
    Thought about that too but like the T-X, the T-850 would have computer access in his database. Or just punch his way in like he does always. Or the T-X destroyed and killed the security. Or Catherine has some weight around the base being her father's daughter. Same thing in Hulk. I guess thats what the deleted scenes will tell

How does she shift it from park into drive? How does she steer? Driving a car is a mechanical process. If the car itself was already equipped with a computerized remote device, and she gained control of THAT, she could do it, but that's not the case. Remote control of a normal car goes beyond "controlling machines"
    It is the future so who knows if cars would be remote modems in them for external access. The chips can control the speed of the cars and perhaps gears but steering? Not sure about that.

Arnold says the T-X doesn't know where John Connor is because he left no paper trail. But he's still the primary target. Not knowing where he is, she attacks his lieutenants. Why didn't the machines send her back to a time where they knew they could find him, as they did in the second movie? Unless her primary mission was to start the war all along.
    Killing Conner is the ultimate primary mission for all Terminators. I guess from sending 2 Terminators back, SkyNet have given up so they target his Lieutenants. We don't know how important the Lieutenacts are or Catherine's children.

Overall, it looks likes the Machines wanted to stop the war since T-X killed the General dude seconds from activating SkyNet. And the good gang, T-850 wanted it to happen cose something good will come from the war. For all we know, T-X waited for the right time to kill the General.
    So stupid to have 1 computer control over the whole defense network. What is the network is taken over? Whole country is down.

I want to know where this virus came from, or who made it. Perhaps T-1000 liquid got into the system which was the virus.

Credits
    Originally posted by Kn'thrak
    It is the future so who knows if cars would be remote modems in them for external access. The chips can control the speed of the cars and perhaps gears but steering? Not sure about that.
    Is it possible to re-porgram an onboard computer to do things it shouldn't? You can reprogram things to do weird stuff. A car's computer has ACCESS to see if everything is working property...would it be a huge step to gain control?

Originally posted by Kn'thrak
    I want to know where this virus came from, or who made it. Perhaps T-1000 liquid got into the system which was the virus.
    SkyNet is the virus and it was created by humans, unknowingly. They created a computer program that could control the armed forces and adapt to situations and everything without human contact. The program is such an advanced AI that it understands that humans are slow, inefficent and not very intelligent. So it's kinda debugging itself. It acts like a virus to do so.

Credits
    Kn'thrak

the setting for this movie is PRESENT time...

still, it does not make any sense how she controlled those CARS..

but that bathroom fight scene is still the best fight seen i have seen in YEARS
    Last edited by trailergod; 07-18-2003 at 01:53 PM.

Credits
    what mostly doesn't make sense to me is that couldn't the "bad" terminator keep going back and back and back in time going after john conner. human does get tired! machines never get tired except Marcus's computer

and i've asked this before and i will keep asking this till i understand.... how in the world does the good solders controlling the good terminators KNOW when the bad terminators are going back in time to destroy john conner????? do they email each other and say, "Hey I'm sending one of my machine to destroy ya back in time!" and then John Conner says, "Yah, you just try!!"

Credits
    Reading into the Backstories for years. The human resistance infiltrated the timemachine labs each time and send terminators back.who knows. Perhaps they only infiltrated the base once, saw the record of SkyNet sending 3 terminators back so all at once, they sent their help.

Skynet is not a virus. It was the virus that infected SkyNet which made it self aware.

Anyway. I'm going to see it again on Sunday night in Gold Class.

Credits
    I am a bit unsure of the virus.. i think that sky net was separate to the virus.... i think that when skynet was used to try and stop it.. it somehow mutated into something else.

the general functions of all new cars are controlled by computers.. this includes fuel/motor, timing, etc.. one of my friends is a really big car nut.. and he agreed that everything was possible.. with a small cloud of doubt over steering.. but then again these are cop cars.. so who knows what they got running them.. some cars have electronic steering locks.. so maybe they incorporated that??

i love t3.. but i will talk more in the other thread

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast