Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Kill Bill 1 & 2 Confirmed!!!

http://www.latinoreview.com/index.html
    http://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/16/movies/16KILL.html
    This really sucks!! First the Matrix now this crap, according to the NY Times, Miramax Films will take the unusual and potentially risky move of releasing "Kill Bill," the much-anticipated Quentin Tarantino martial arts action-adventure film, as two movies, the first to open in the fall. Miramax will in effect be taking a three-hour film with a 200-page script and turning it into a serial.

Harvey Weinstein, a co-founder of Miramax, which is financing the film, said in an interview on Monday that the first installment would be in theaters on Oct. 10. The second release date is in still being negotiated, but it could be two to six months later, he said.
    Kill Bill

Release Date: October 10, 2003
    Studio: Miramax Films
    Director: Quentin Tarantino
    Screenwriter: Quentin Tarantino
    Starring: Uma Thurman, David Carradine, Michael Madsen, Jason Biggs, Sonny Chiba, Vivica A. Fox, Daryl Hannah, Lucy Liu, LaTanya Richardson, Michael Jai White, Woo-ping Yuen, Samuel L. Jackson (cameo)
    Genre: Action, Crime, Thriller
    Official Website: Kill-Bill.com
    Plot Summary: Uma Thurman is going to "Kill Bill," in Quentin Tarantino's latest film about a former assassin betrayed by her boss, Bill (Carradine). Four years after surviving a bullet in the head, the bride (Thurman) emerges from a coma and swears revenge on her former master and his deadly squad of international assassins, played by Lucy Liu, Daryl Hannah, Vivica A. Fox and Michael Madsen.

i dunno how to react to this... is sitting for 3 hours really that long? or they simply want us to pay twice?
    twice for tiickets
    and twice for DVD... if ever..

god... this SUCKS....

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    that really sucks. i mean if you put the 2 matrix sequels together it would be something like 5 hours long, that would be too much, but 3 hours for kill bill is very ok. i mean there are many 3 hour movies out, some even longer and no one complains.
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    If it's a good movie I see no reason to split it up. 3 hours is no big deal if you're entertained.

But anybody remember someone mentioning that it's uber violent? Like....apparently extreamly uber violent? Is it possible that splitting it into 2 movies keeps them rated R rather then a three hour long NC-17 flick that wouldn't get shown at all? Too much violence in three hours or something?

Credits
    found the following interesting snippets from an article from variety in the boxofficemojo forum:

"And if the film is released in two parts in two different years, it could impact "Kill Bill's" Oscar chances.

Also unclear is how the decision to make two movies will affect the pay packages for the pic's stars, including Thurman, Lucy Liu, Daryl Hannah and Michael Madsen. Their original contracts were based on a single film. Releasing two films now may call for renegotiations."

i really hope miramax gets screwed with this release plan. i mean what do they expect from kill bill? jackie brown grossed about 40 million $ in the usa. do they think this will be a big blockbuster?
    although it has a budget of 55 million $ and some well known actors attached, imo it is still not a movie for the masses, and those that want to see it would watch it even if it is 3.5 hours long. even harry potter 2 is 162 minutes and that's basically a kid's movie. it would be nice if kill bill becomes a success, but for miramax i hope this will bomb badly.

Credits
    I just hope they won't sell Part I & II on DVDs seperately...

Wonder if they have a different name given to Part II, or maybe subtitle like "Kill Bill: Definitely Killing Him In This One"?

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Editman

"yes I'd like two tickets to Thinking I'm About to Kill Bill"

[months later]

"two for Ok Now I'm Seriously Gonna Kill Him"

[months later]

Now on Special Edition DVD: The Kill Bill 4 disc set! Director's comentary, cut scenes and finally with a decent explaination about why they made you pay twice to see the first and last half of a movie!!!

[a year later]

now...in theaters "Damn I Thought Bill was Dead. What A Persistant Bugger, I'm Gonna Kill Him. No Seriously This Time."

Credits
    Ah well. 2 90 minute portions of crap, or 1 big 3 hour crap marathon. Either way I'll keep my money.

Credits
    Originally posted by carl
    Ah well. 2 90 minute portions of crap, or 1 big 3 hour crap marathon. Either way I'll keep my money.
    But you don't know if it's crap or not at this stage. At least if you think they are, you'd only need to see the first half to find out...?

Credits
    Well, I can last for sure through a 90 minute film without a bathroom break. Now I know I'll see the whole thing.

Which is good.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    Originally posted by blugh
    Well, I can last for sure through a 90 minute film without a bathroom break. Now I know I'll see the whole thing.

Which is good.
    You know I've stopped buying drinks at the theater for the very same reason? Well the prices are insane too. But the last maybe....two...three years or so? Never had a thing. Think it started around LotR or maybe even sooner.

Credits
    Now that really really suck...
    that is the best example for only Money making....
    3 hours to split in 2 movies....*pff*
    that is an argument to not watch that movie or to watch it "free".....
    Pfff....

Credits
    After the rather surprising announcment that there will be 2 Kill Bill movies (the first to be shown October 10th), more facts and rumors are coming to light.

- Kill Bill volume1 and volume 2 will be most likely the titles.
    - Both movies will be longer than 2 hours, making the final product over 5 hours long
    - There will be different version for different countries. In fact, 4 different versions of Kill Bill are being prepared for seperate release. These special versions for Asia for example will feature more graphic sword fights etc...
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads!
    [My Top 20 Movies @ YMDB] [My Bottom 20 Movies @ YMDB]

Credits
    wtf, 4 different versions???
    why does asia get more graphic swordfights, they should put them in everywhere. that really sucks. i hope they put at least every scene that's used somewhere in the world on all dvd's. otherwise miramax really uses this as a money making machine

Credits
    over 5 hours long in total....OK that's more like it

But I want those "more graphic swordfights" HERE.

That really sucks.

Credits
    That is so MONEY Making.....that is a smash in every movie fans face......i hope that this movie suxx in box office...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast