Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

alternate ending for 28 days later in theaters

from imdb:
    "Borrowing a page from producers of DVD movie packages, Fox Searchlight plans to attach an alternate downbeat ending to all 1,400 prints of the apocalyptic horror film 28 Days Later, on July 25, the Los Angeles Times reported today (Wednesday). The studio said it knew no other instance in which an alternate ending had ever been added to a film while it was still in release. According to the newspaper, the ending now seen in theaters was the one that appeared in the original script, but it was ditched in favor of a grimmer conclusion after it did not test well. Director Danny Boyle told the Times that he decided, "We can't do this to people, because it was such a tough journey anyway." The $8-million film earned $9.8 million in the U.K. last year and has thus far earned $29 million in North America"

that's an idea i'd like to see more of. especially in cases where a dark original ending was cut in favor of a kitsch happy ending because test audiences didn't like it.
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    it still wont improve the movie, 2nd half of the movie should be changed...hehehehe

btw, i read somewhere that after the car crash... its all a dream sequence?
    Last edited by ZUBi; 07-16-2003 at 03:17 PM.
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    I've got the DVD and there are 2 alternative endings.
    the official alternative ending, if that makes sense, and the one I think they used here is exactly the same as the ending you saw only Jim died when he was shot, and so instead of her looking at him wake up you see a chicken (don't ask me why she bothered with the chicken), the second is my favorite ending. It's found among the deleted scenes, but the commentary says that it was In fact another possible ending.

After Jim is shot they rush him into a hospital and try to save him. The sequence as they desperately try to revive Jim is intersected with a dream sequence, Jim is remembering the crash that put him in the hospital at the start of the film. He's riding his bike and there's a lot of noise coming from the cars. Then he starts to listen to the sounds, and it's voices. People hurling abuse at each other from their cars. Jim realizes that nothing is different and that people were violent before infection and so gives up. In the hospital he dies, and the closing shot shows the woman put her arm around the girl as they walk out to try and survive alone.

The writers considered the ending to be too much of a downer, but even though the ending already had them rescued by a war plane. Giving them the chance to live a life of violence in America rather than Britain, I still prefered the deleted ending.
    Last edited by carl; 07-16-2003 at 11:59 PM.

Credits
    Ending #2 is what they're going with., the whole thing in the hospital. I liked Ebert's ending, where the jet strafes them. That makes the most sense.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    Hmmmm, kind of like Clue back in 1985
    Whatcha Gonna Do!?

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Lightbulb

found on BT (& just DL-ing; 126.50 MB):

28 days later alternate ending + all deleted scenes
    (From The British DVD).torrent

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits
    just for info. files in DIRectory:

Filename Size
    ------------------------------------------------------- ----------
    28 Days Later - Alternative Ending.avi 20.340.224
    28 Days Later - Cut Scene 1 - Abandoned Train.avi 14.886.400
    28 Days Later - Cut Scene 2 - Hospital Dream.avi 35.424.768
    28 Days Later - Cut Scene 3 - Motorway Carnage.avi 9.994.752
    28 Days Later - Cut Scene 4 - Floor Boards.avi 6.760.448
    28 Days Later - Cut Scene 5 - Taxi.avi 14.218.752
    28 Days Later - Cut Scene 6 - Walk in London.avi 10.962.432
    28 Days Later - Cut Scene 7 - Infected in the House.avi 20.059.136