Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Peter Jackson's career coming to an end?

The poor man, how can he possibly top The Lord of the Rings. The man came out of nowhere having made just a few low budget movies and produces some of the best films ever put on film.

His whole entire existance over the past 7 years has revolved around making LOTR into a trilogy. The filming is over now but he has one more movie to go and thats only 5 months away. I'd say that his total involvement in the trilogy will be over when he produces the Return of the King extended edition on DVD in November of 2004. I really hope that he turns into a director like Speilberg and makes a line of great movies.

but hey hey.... its always best to retire when u are on top

or the best is still to come?

PS:.. this thread is obviously a LOTR/Peter Jackson fanboy thread...
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Why the hell would you call this thread "[..] coming to and end?"...this guy is probabely making on of the best holywood directing debuts since...HECK!
    This will be a good carreer boost, that is if he wont **** "King Kong"up, which i dont for certain if its going to be made?

Credits
    well I think the LofR movies are good for the time and money put into them. The story, the details, the actors, the cgi etc. That is, its great productions. They are not good cuz of Jacksons jobb as director.

produces some of the best films ever put on film
    well he did produce it, together with 12 others. Dont know how much his part was, but lets give him credit for that. But director wise they should have given the movies to someone better.
    Yes, they were a success but how hard can it be for a director to do a decent job with a crew like that?
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    Originally posted by Gaumont
    well I think the LofR movies are good for the time and money put into them. The story, the details, the actors, the cgi etc. That is, its great productions. They are not good cuz of Jacksons jobb as director.

well he did produce it, together with 12 others. Dont know how much his part was, but lets give him credit for that. But director wise they should have given the movies to someone better.
    Yes, they were a success but how hard can it be for a director to do a decent job with a crew like that?
    So easy to discredit someone eh?

Peter Jackson has done a great job. Sure you are only as good as the people you work with but who makes the final decisions? He does. He was at one local and used satellite video connections to direct scenes at 2 other locations miles away.

This was his undertaking. He got the backing, he picked his crew, he made LOTR. I think he has matured alot and has exceeded anything Lucas has done with this trilogy. I just hope he continues to make movies.

Credits
    Originally posted by Gaumont ..
    ..But director wise they should have given the movies to someone better.
    Come on Gaumont .. get real! There's no disputing that there are a slew of talented people working on the LOTR trilogy, but Peter Jackson is 'running the show'. Unless someone's changed the job description of a movie's director, most if not all of a film's critical decisions lie with him/her (including hiring crew), as well as the ultimate responsibility for its success or failure. IMO what has clinched the deal for Jackson is that he's in love with the project and has infected everyone around him with his enthusiasm .. 'nuf said.

"It used to be said that we are what we eat... And then people maybe... a little more fashion conscious would say... 'No, you are what you wear'... Or you are what you read... But we would say in this millenium... You are what you watch..." Peter Gabriel - Growing Up

Credits
    Originally posted by tisoy
    So easy to discredit someone eh?
    He did it himself when he directed the movies. Not my fault he should have let someone else direct it.

but then again, im not a LotR nut, so im not blinded.
    Last edited by Gaumont; 07-17-2003 at 04:42 PM.

Credits
    Originally posted by Gaumont
    but then again, im not a LotR nut, so im not blinded.

i aint no LOTR nut either.......i reckon its a great movie, but not as good as alot of people make it out to be....(but thats a different subject and due to different opinions) but having not being a LOTR nut....i still reckon Jackson did an excellent job (cant think of ane1 who coulda done a better job....)
    Last edited by aS!Dz; 07-18-2003 at 01:15 PM.

Credits
    He's gonna be known as the Lord of the Rings guy for quite a while.

Movie trailers WILL SAY "From Peter Jackson, Director of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy...comes a film...."

Credits
    I only know Peter Jackson from LOTR movies... he is an unbelievable good director. and he knows that!

the "best" director wants to stay the best. so they're not gonna keep going and going like they got an Energizer battery on their back. this may be the ending of his career but it may not be! just like George Lucas, now the only movies i know are Star Wars movies that he directed. What else?? we all admire him and his movies and we will forever. if he directed another movie and it's one of those "okay" movies. then we would just think of him as a "bored greedy" director. something like that!

if you've made or directed one of the most outstanding movies! you would be happy w/ it right? live ur life w/ good money and think of the next best idea for a movie and it will be a very good movie.

or i may be just talking out of my butt again.....
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    If the movies had sucked, nobody would have said "He had an aweful crew with him", they would have blamed it on the director.

So it should be the same when the movie is a success.

Credits
    are you ****ing insane??? Peter Jackson will still make movies as long as hes got the money. hes a god dam great film maker.

haha, im sure many americans are pissed that New York will be filmed in New Zealand in King Kong mwahahahahah!

Credits
    Originally posted by Jean-Pierre Bazinet
    If the movies had sucked, nobody would have said "He had an aweful crew with him", they would have blamed it on the director.

So it should be the same when the movie is a success.
    Just because the great mass of people wouldn't notice the differance between a well directed and well produced movie doesn't mean that I cant.

Credits
    Originally posted by HamishT
    are you ****ing insane??? Peter Jackson will still make movies as long as hes got the money. hes a god dam great film maker.

haha, im sure many americans are pissed that New York will be filmed in New Zealand in King Kong mwahahahahah!
    what?! why the hell they want to do that????

Credits
    what? you mean why would they want to film in NZ?

probably because its cheaper, cleaner, and you cant choke on the pollution, oh and less chance of getting mugged i guess, plus we have to piss Kathy Bates off remember

"we have to bring the films back home" - Kathy Bates

"go screw yourself" - me

Credits
    lets not write him off. .after all he did bring us the frighteners.. and that was a pretty good film in itself.!

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}