Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

T3 Question (Spoiler)

Ok, somebody please explain.

Skynet was a defense system, or program, design to protect america from evil or whatever, then came this virus that was attacking everything it reach and they couldn't stop it because it kept changing. Finally, the goverment decides to activate Skynet for the first time to locate and destroy this virus and when they do all hell breaks loose. The thing that threw me was that then John Connor says that Skynet IS the virus.

So my question is this.
    Is this true, is Skynet both the program AND the virus?, if it's so, then how did it spread through the internet if the program wasn't active?

And another thing, even if we accept, ok, it spread... somehow to get people to activate Skynet, why did it attack us? In T2 we learned that the humans turned Skynet on, it became selfaware and when the humans found this as a threat and tried to shut it down, THEN it attacked, so how come in T3 Skynet attacks just because we turn it on?

Thanks for the patience on the reading, I'd really like to hear some other POVs on this.
    snootch to the noonch!

Credits
    watch the movie again .. its all explianed , the problem is u have to listen well coz all this talk is happening between the action scenes...

Skynet is AI, self aware, if a "being" is self aware then it can decide for itself and knows "who the boss is", just like in Space 2001, where the AI rebelled coz it knows one day it wont be needed anymore so it does not want to be turned off, same here in T3.

Skynet is the virus coz it actually took control of everything, it turned against man.

i suggest u read this thread

http://www.movie-list.com/forum/show...&threadid=6080
    coz we talked about it already
    Last edited by trailergod; 07-24-2003 at 06:01 AM.
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg