View Poll Results: Will Bush get reelected?
- 29. You may not vote on this poll
Results 1 to 15 of 68
Thread: Will Bush get reelected?
07-29-2003, 11:26 AM #1
Will Bush get reelected?
I think Bush will get reelected in 2004, there is a number of reasons for that
1 - the Democrats have a lot of bad candidates with horrible approval ratings
2 - now that the economy is improving Bush will be seen as someone who made the right decisions
3 - He's currently in office, (US presidents tend to get reelcted)
4 - although it seems like a lot of people hate Bush inthe US it only seems like that because the people that do go out on the streets and have rallies and other protests, while the people that approve of him tend not to care
Give some feedback
07-29-2003, 11:36 AM #2
I would like to say it's not my business, but american president is in fact business of all world. I can hope & pray that he won't be reelected and that is everything I can do right now.
But honestly I think he will be reelected, no doubts whatsoever
07-29-2003, 12:06 PM #3Originally posted by BuDi
But honestly I think he will be reelected, no doubts whatsoever
but the election is still some time away, so a lot of things can (hopefully) change in the meantime. although i'm happy that this will be the last time he can get elected.
edit: i also think that many people, who didn't vote in 2000 at all will now see that a few votes can decide about who will be president, so maybe more people will go and vote next year.
i think bush is a candidate that has very loyal voters, voters that will go to an election no matter what, so maybe next time some of those that didn't vote in 2000 but were in favor of gore will go to the election to stop bush from becoming president again.
Last edited by streetpreacher; 07-29-2003 at 12:19 PM.
07-29-2003, 03:20 PM #4
i would say no, .. like father like son ...hehehehe
it really depends on the candidate of the other side, and i think GORE will not run... will he?
if the Democrats have a good candidate then maybe theres a chance there will be another democratic president..
i really think the americans have a very good "balance of power" , no single party has absolute power, the senate and the congress usually has a opposite majority than the president..
8 years of Reagan (republican in the 80s)
8 years of Clinton (democrats in the 90s)....
as i say its a balance of power..
07-29-2003, 03:47 PM #5
George W. Bush
ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT:
* I attacked and took over two countries.
* I spent the U.S. surplus and bankrupted the Treasury.
* I shattered the record for biggest annual deficit in history.
* I set an economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period.
* I set all-time record for biggest drop in the history of the stock market.
*I am the first president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.
* I am the first president in US history to enter office with a criminal record.
* In my first year in office I set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US history.
* After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, I presided over the worst security failure in US history.
* I set the record for most campaign fund raising trips by any president in US history.
* In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their job.
* I cut unemployment benefits for more out-of-work Americans than any other president in US history.
* I set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.
* I appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in US history.
* I set the record for the fewest press conferences of any president since the advent of TV.
* I signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constitution than any other president in US history.
* I presided over the biggest energy crisis in US history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed.
* I presided over the highest gasoline prices in US history and refused to use the national reserves as past presidents have.
* I cut health care benefits for war veterans.
* I set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest me (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind.
* I dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history.
* I've made my presidency the most secretive and unaccountable of any in US history.
* Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history. (The 'poorest' multimillionaire, Condoleeza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named after her).
* I am the first president in US history to have all 50 states of the Union simultaneously go bankrupt.
* I presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud in any market in any country in the history of the world.
* I am the first president in US history to order a US attack and military occupation of a sovereign nation, and I did so against the will of the United Nations and the world community.
* I have created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history of the United States.
* I set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any other president in US history.
* I am the first president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the Human Rights Commission.
* I am the first president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the Elections Monitoring Board.
* I removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight than any presidential administration in US history.
* I rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant.
* I withdrew from the World Court of Law.
* I refused to allow inspectors access to US prisoners of war and by default no longer abide by the Geneva Conventions.
* I am the first president in US history to refuse United Nations election inspectors access during the 2002 US elections.
* I am the all-time US (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations.
* The biggest lifetime contributor to my campaign, who is also one of my best friends, presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former
CEO of Enron Corporation). I spent money on polls and focus groups, more than any president in US history.
* I am the first president to run and hide when the US came under attack (and then lied, saying the enemy had the code to Air Force 1)
* I am the first US president to establish a secret shadow government.
* I took the world's sympathy for the US after 911, and in less than a year made the US the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in US and world history).
* I am the first US president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and
* I am the first US president in history to have the people of South Korea more threatened by the US than by their immediate neighbor, North Korea.
* I changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.
* I set the all-time record for number of administration appointees who violated US law by not selling their huge investments in corporations bidding for gov't contracts.
* I have removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in US history. In a little over two years I have created the most divided country in decades, possibly the most divided that the US has been since the civil war.
* I entered office with the strongest economy in US history and in less than two years turned every single economic category heading straight down.
RECORDS AND REFERENCES:
* I have at least one conviction for drunk driving in Maine (Texas driving record has been erased and is not available).
* I was AWOL from the National Guard and deserted the military during a time of war.
*I refuse to take a drug test or even answer any questions about drug use.
* All records of my tenure as governor of Texas have been spirited away to my father's library, sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
* All records of any SEC investigations into my insider trading or bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
* All minutes of meetings of any public corporation for which I served on the board are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
* Any records or minutes from meetings I (or my VP) attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public
* For personal references, please speak to my dad or uncle James Baker (They can be reached in their offices at the Carlyle Group where they are helping to divide up the spoils of the US-Iraq war and plan for the next one.)
07-29-2003, 04:13 PM #6
LOL...... and Clinton ?
07-29-2003, 08:20 PM #7
I think he will get reelected but i sure wish he didnt ;o
07-30-2003, 02:20 AM #8
If he get Reelected you will see that america has nothing learned....sad sad if he will be reelected
07-30-2003, 01:20 PM #9
With the last election fiasco, I pretty much suspected that whichever one won (Bush or Gore), it would only be for one term. At least until the Democratic candidtate is named, I will stick to that prediction.
Personally, I am thankful every day that Gore wasn't elected, but that is another story (not that I like Bush all that much, I just wouldn't be able to stand four more years of Clinton's administration, and to me, that is all Gore was, Clinton II).
The problem with the Bush vs. Gore election wasn't so much who will you vote for, but who will you vote against, and I am proud to say I voted against Gore. I'm not as proud to say I voted for Bush, but I am not ashamed of it, either.
I'm sure the Democrats will come up with somebody who can compete against Bush, although looking at the choices at this moment, I think I will still take Bush. Rudi Guillani may be the Democrat's best bet for presidency, assuming he is willing to run. God help us all if Gore tries for the office again.
07-30-2003, 01:43 PM #10Originally posted by corfy
Rudi Guillani may be the Democrat's best bet for presidency, assuming he is willing to run.
i also think that he would get large support internationally.
07-30-2003, 02:36 PM #11
An interesting topic. My say is simple!
I'm currently living in the U.S. and in just a few days from first arriving, i've learnt one major thing.
The U.S. resident don't mind Bush. He is a President that is doing the right thing. The problem is that he is doing the right thing for wrong reason.
I attend to agree. Singling out the war on Iraq, the reason was of WMD. I mean, hasn't he now admitted that they haven't found any or they won't? The information and reason to go attack iraq was false. The U.S. ppl don't like that. They don't like that at all. The actions were acceptable and I agree but lying to the public and his own people is just described as "untrustworthy".
Now, in politics, I don't know if having trust and the truth is all important or is it just the result of work thats important. I want to believe the first but trust is such a rare thing next to honesty with power.
Bush has done excellent things for the U.S. as stated above but missed out on the major thing that is the U.S. and any other country... its people.
What I'm saying is that "true" & trust" a strong thing to follow in politics or is the results of its actions that determine a good leader. I guess its a combination of both but its simple weight of the facts and faults. Faults being more seen and weighted.
07-30-2003, 03:44 PM #12Originally posted by Kn'thrak
Singling out the war on Iraq, the reason was of WMD. I mean, hasn't he now admitted that they haven't found any or they won't? The information and reason to go attack iraq was false.
07-30-2003, 04:34 PM #13
I think you guys forgot that something in 2001 happened and that's why the US economy was screwed up
Guliani is a Republican but he'd make a great candidate
07-30-2003, 04:45 PM #14Originally posted by BuDi
George W. Bush
ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT:
--Allowed the deadliest terrorist attack on US soil of any previous US president in history.
--Allowed the destruction of a second Space Shuttle, resulting in the deaths of 7 astronauts.
--Allowed one of the greatest entertainers in history, Bob Hope, to die while in office.
--Was unable to prevent countless storms to cause flooding throughout the American mid-west, resulting in millions of dollars of property damage.
--Allowed Madonna to make in "Swept Away."
I mean, if we are going to blame Bush, we need to really pile it on. He is obviously single-handedly responsible for every bad thing that has happened on the planet since he took office in Jan. 2001. The fact that the economy was slipping at the end of Clinton's term is irrelevant. The fact that our country was attacked is irrelevant. The fact that he is only one person is irrelevant. The fact that he has to answer to Congress, the Supreme Court, and to the US voters is irrelevant. The fact that he is advised by advisors who have advisors who have advisors is irrelevant. Heck, we could probably pin the very existence of Al-Queda on Bush. Everything that is wrong in the world today is Bush's fault. Period. End of discussion.
07-30-2003, 05:03 PM #15
Bush/ Blair lied to the whole world when they said that Saddam has WMD (not past but now) he said that in the state of the union address and Powell declared that in the UN security council last February.
with this idea, Bush or any american president can lie or create any information about a country, having a bad or useless leader and simply take over it. As a European or a non american that idea is very scary.
or is the world simply a pissing game? and that America can simply piss on any country they want to
Last edited by trailergod; 07-30-2003 at 05:37 PM.
By discostu in forum General Chatter - Non-Movie RelatedReplies: 2Last Post: 02-16-2004, 10:24 AM
By trailergod in forum General Chatter - Non-Movie RelatedReplies: 13Last Post: 01-12-2004, 08:03 AM
By Jake in forum General Chatter - Movie RelatedReplies: 5Last Post: 04-03-2003, 09:24 PM
By ZUBi in forum General Chatter - Movie RelatedReplies: 16Last Post: 04-03-2003, 03:39 AM
By Gaumont in forum General Chatter - Movie RelatedReplies: 5Last Post: 04-02-2003, 09:39 PM