Thanks Thanks:  0

View Poll Results: Will Bush get reelected?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 34.48%
  • No

19 65.52%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Credits
    I'm with radstar here. (No surprise.)

The only thing I'd state differently is that I do not believe that there are that many Americans who are not well off (for more on this see this book.

There are many poor people in the world and we must do whatever we can to help them. I think Bush's support of things like faith-based inititives, limited immigrant amnesty, and school vochures are programs that will help the poor more than anything else that any other American politician has suggested.

Bush has effectively engaged the evil that faces the free world, he's improved the American economy, and he's worked to ensure that the poorest among us are not forgotten. That short list contains actual acheivements, not simply GOP rhetoric.
    "34 million American adults are obese. Putting together that excess blubber would fill the Grand Canyon two-fifths of the way up. That may not sound impressive, but keep in mind it is a very big canyon."

Credits
    Originally posted by enkydu
    he's improved the American economy, and he's worked to ensure that the poorest among us are not forgotten
    ROFL,
    yeah right. i bet those 2.5 million people that lost their jobs since he is in the office agree with you.
    oh, i bet they are just fake and made up by some bad and evil anti-american democrats. same with the unbelievably high loss he made from a record high.

btw, just read an open letter from madonna against president bush. i just hope people like her and michael moore can actually reach some people to think about their situation in the usa and the president that "trashed" the country.
    i think more people actually will listen to someone like them than to bush supporters like fred durst and britney spears.

letter readable here
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    Well, all I can say is I couldn't stand Willy Clinton, and I saw Gore as Clinton Jr., so I'm proud to say I did my part to get Bush elected (not that he had any trouble winning the state of Indiana). If the Democrats can come up with a better candidate for president, I will vote for him/her. So far, though, I am not impressed with their selection, so I will probably stick by Bush once more.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    Originally posted by Borgtex
    Sorry to interfere, but... I don't see where is the insult. Reading Radstar post, the sentence "I'm not suffering financially like many Americans" shocks a bit; sounds like "I don't care about other people problems, as long as I'm ok"... sounds a bit egoistical, and maybe that's what discostu was talking about
    Finally someone who gets my point

Credits
    Originally posted by streetpreacher
    [B]btw, just read an open letter from madonna against president bush. i just hope people like her and michael moore can actually reach some people to think about their situation in the usa and the president that "trashed" the country.
    i think more people actually will listen to someone like them than to bush supporters like fred durst and britney spears.
    Madonna, Moore, Durst, and Spears are entertainers. On why should their viewpoints be given any more weight then, say, mine?

Madonna said, "...as an American citizen and as a mother. I want my children to grow up with the same opportunities that I had – to know and understand what's going on in the world and to travel that world safely and with pride." I agree with her (that's why I support Bush), but if parenthood and citizenship is all the creditials one needs to become an influential person in the world of politics I guess since I'm a father of two and an American citizen people should start heeding what I say more.

Getting serious now...I feel for those who don't have jobs. But let's face it, a 5.6% unemployment rate is not very bad. In fact, during past recessions the US rate jumped way over 7%, and thankfully, that has not happened under Bush. It's tough going without a job, but we need to have jobs that are long-term and stable. The low unemployment rate that the last administration brought us was fueled by those Enron bastards who lied about their company's finances and web companies that never turned a profit. Hopefully, this growth will be based on real numbers.

Credits
    if you knew anything about how the US economy was doing you would notice that it went to hell just before Bush was elected, Bush said "the difference between Herbert Hoover and me was that he created one and I inherited one"

it's true, just look at anything, for ex. look at the Dow Jones Industrial Average or NASDAQ, those indexes were 2, 3 000 points higher than they are now, and they all dropped back before Bush cam einto office, it's not his fault, and the fact that the US economy is growing at the fastest pace since 1970s, just means they'll get their jobs sooner

"jobs and economic growth go hand in hand"

Credits
    Madonna, Moore, Durst, and Spears are entertainers. On why should their viewpoints be given any more weight then, say, mine?
    i agree with you, but according to vader statements by celebrities have the same weight as statements made by politicians
    dixie chicks <--> schwarzenegger

Credits
    Originally posted by Borgtex
    Sorry to interfere, but... I don't see where is the insult. Reading Radstar post, the sentence "I'm not suffering financially like many Americans" shocks a bit; sounds like "I don't care about other people problems, as long as I'm ok"... sounds a bit egoistical, and maybe that's what discostu was talking about
    Well, just to let you know.. I didn't mean it to sound like that. What I meant is I know there's a lot of people (democratic people) who hates the Republican party and President Bush. And I understand that. President Bush does send a lot of money to a different country, to help build up and improve the country... rather than sending some of those money in to hospitals or insurance companies. Because of that, lots of people have to suffer to make payments on hospital bills. Some have to spend thousands and thousands of dollars just for a check-up at least. Well something like that...

So I do care about other people. It's just that I'm not experiencing it so that is why I said what I said.

I don't think I even wanna know what discostu said about me... but surprises surprises. It tells me he or she has not changed one bit. But thanks to IGT for backing me up.

It is my personal opinion. And I want to clarify the fact that I DO care!
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Originally posted by radstar
    And I want to clarify the fact that I DO care!

And I'm happy for that. Your previous post was confusing, and IGT got a bit... overprotective/paranoid
    Last edited by Borgtex; 01-12-2004 at 06:25 PM.

Credits
    THat is the point of ELECTIONS, to pick someone to work for you, and BUSH works for me

Credits
    Yeah, good that you cleared that up Radstar

Credits
    I thought this was surprising and interesting:

Three-term New York City Mayor and lifelong Democrat Ed Koch explains in The Forward why he will be voting for President Bush in 2004:

""I intend to vote in 2004 to reelect President Bush... President Bush has earned my vote because he has shown the resolve and courage necessary to wage the war against terrorism...

President Bush has confronted the terrorist threat head on. Immediately following the September 11 terrorist attacks, the president presented the core principle of what has become known as the Bush Doctrine, an articulation of American foreign policy that rivals in importance the Monroe Doctrine, which barred foreign imperialism from the Western Hemisphere, and the Truman Doctrine, which sought to contain communism around the world. The Bush Doctrine, simply stated by the president, is: "We will make no distinction between the terrorists who committed these acts and those who harbor them."

President Bush has lived up to that credo. Under his leadership, Afghanistan was liberated from Al Qaeda's patron, the Taliban. The president also has demonstrated, through the liberation of Iraq from the tyranny of Saddam Hussein, that he is willing to wage a preemptive war when he believes the national interests of the United States are endangered."

Credits
    well put

that makes two of us (voting for Bush)

Credits
    make that the three of us

Credits
    Madonna said, "...as an American citizen and as a mother. I want my children to grow up with the same opportunities that I had – to know and understand what's going on in the world and to travel that world safely and with pride." I agree with her (that's why I support Bush), but if parenthood and citizenship is all the creditials one needs to become an influential person in the world of politics I guess since I'm a father of two and an American citizen people should start heeding what I say more.
    I can't put this gently so I'm going to be blunt. The vast majority of the things Bush has done, regardless of their benefits to America which are certainly good for you guys and may give you plenty of reason to re-elect him, have NOT made the world a safer place where Americans can walk with their heads held high. Bush may be the best president America has had, as he has brought you guys a lot of good things, but it's been at the expense of isolating yourselves from the world. The rest of the world doesn't like what Bush is doing by ignoring international diplomacy and simply lying in order to achieve what he wants. He said, repeatedly, that Iraq had chemical and bio weapons(he should know, the receipts are still in the Pentagon checkbook), and that they were developing nukes. They didn't have chem/bio, and they weren't developing nukes. Of course, as soon as they realized this, they changed their tune to Iraq being a war for the liberation of an oppressed people, which is fine, I guess if you'd like to send Americans to die for that. But while most Americans lapped this up, the rest of the world noticed what Bush had done and needless to say, your reputations didn't improve too much that day. After Sept. 11, the US had a rare opportunity to lead the world into a better place. Instead Bush kicked everyone else to the curb and pursued his current strategy which is working wonders in America but only pissing people off elsewhere. And sure, your economy is picking up, but every gain you make is getting smaller every day as the US dollar sinks lower and lower on the exchange markets.

Hell, if I lived in America, I'd vote for Bush. He's making America the best place in the world assuming you don't mind never being able to leave.

To close, I'm only going to say that there's a reason you sew our flags on your backpacks.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast