Thanks Thanks:  24
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Credits

Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmush View Post
    Hello all,

Another newbie here. The film i saw in the last two or three years. It may well be a little older than that (i dont think it is any older than 2005). It was about a man who was involved in a fatal car crash with his wife and teenaged son. The son had an obsession with filming everything he did on a camcorder. The wife and son die. Grief stricken, the man ends up finding the camcorder and tries to watch the tape (watching it on the camcorder itself) so he can see his family again. But, when he pauses the tape, he notices that he can pause time. He ends up going a bit crazy and using the camcorder/time machine, starts to obsessively stalk the lady who was driving the car that crashed into him and his family.

Any help would be appreciated

Your movie is Suspension (2008).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0989760/reviews?start=10

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspension_(film)

Credits

2 movies I can't remember

Hi there

Another newbie with a mystery here.

I've been thinking about 2 movies that I just can't seem to remember what they were. They weren't particularly good movies or anything, just movies I've watched before and it's baffling me that I can't remember what they were. In both movies, teenagers played main roles.

Both were movies I watched ages ago, hence I can't remember much.

So here goes:

1. The harder one, information is vague. There was a movie in the 90s sometime I believe (could have been late 80s), what I remember about it is very little. It plays off in the USA somewhere (useless info as that doesn't narrow down much), mostly at some high school. There was a famous male actor in it, can't remember which one though. There is a love drama between two teenagers at the school and there's a boy that's a bit of a psycho, think he ends up killing some people. It might have been an action movie or horror, but there's definitely violence in the movie. I remember a part where a teacher asks a math question about two trains approaching each other at different speeds. One of the main characters later challenges one of the other characters with this same question, which he struggles to solve.

2. Next one I think is easier, even though I remember even less about it. Two teens get involved with fighting against a crime syndicate, can't remember the exact details. The boy loves airplanes. In one part of the movie, the boy steals a Cessna airplane to use as transport (don't think this happens in too many movies).

Credits
    @cptplt

Could your second movie be "The Flyboys"?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0357668/

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post
    @cptplt

Could your second movie be "The Flyboys"?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0357668/

No, though from the description it seems a good guess and seems like something interesting to watch. It was a much older movie, and they didn't stow away on the plane, they stole it outright. Pretty sure the plane was a Cessna 172 or something very similar. I think the movie I'm thinking of is around 20-30 years old.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by cptplt View Post
    Hi there

Another newbie with a mystery here.

I've been thinking about 2 movies that I just can't seem to remember what they were. They weren't particularly good movies or anything, just movies I've watched before and it's baffling me that I can't remember what they were. In both movies, teenagers played main roles.

Both were movies I watched ages ago, hence I can't remember much.

So here goes:

1. The harder one, information is vague. There was a movie in the 90s sometime I believe (could have been late 80s), what I remember about it is very little. It plays off in the USA somewhere (useless info as that doesn't narrow down much), mostly at some high school. There was a famous male actor in it, can't remember which one though. There is a love drama between two teenagers at the school and there's a boy that's a bit of a psycho, think he ends up killing some people. It might have been an action movie or horror, but there's definitely violence in the movie. I remember a part where a teacher asks a math question about two trains approaching each other at different speeds. One of the main characters later challenges one of the other characters with this same question, which he struggles to solve.

2. Next one I think is easier, even though I remember even less about it. Two teens get involved with fighting against a crime syndicate, can't remember the exact details. The boy loves airplanes. In one part of the movie, the boy steals a Cessna airplane to use as transport (don't think this happens in too many movies).
    I had a feeling the actor I was thinking of in #1 was Brad Pitt. Looks at his filmography, and the movie I was thinking of was Cutting Class (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutting_Class). So #1 solved. I remember now why the movie was significant also, it was Brad Pitt's first major role.

Still no idea for #2 though.

Credits

unknown movie title

this is a dark movie involving four or five characters one of which is a total wack job. they're hired to throw a scare into another bad guy's son. they dress as cops and make a stop on a back road. this does not go well as the "kid" wouldn't cooperate. the 'wack job' loses it and kills the "kid". now they're being hunted (to death). the story evolves from there. more details but no names available.

Credits

Any idea of what movie is this? (supernatural drama)

Another newbie with another unknown movie here!

I have been chasing this movie for 1-2 year now. It is not a very old one, probably somewhat between 2005-2010.

What I remember of the plot: a guy become widow and decide to move to a small town in an island to recover from his loss. There is a bridge that links the island to the land and a particular scene that kept recorded in my mind involving this bridge. At certain point of the movie happen some kind of car crash in the bridge making several cars fall from the bridge into the water (including the car where the protagonist is). When the cars fall into the water there is a part of the scene that happens underwater and it is like a dream with the cars sinking and because is night their headlights are on and it gives a very dramatic and phantasmagorical aspect to the scene.

There is also a couple of scenes in his new house when the phone rings, he picks up the phone but no one answers, there is just static, or whatever, but somewhat the protagonist has this feeling that his deceased wife is trying to communicate to him.

Any idea of what movie is this?

Credits

@yankleber

The Mothman Prophecies, IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0265349/

Credits

DESPERATE to know the name of this movie!!

I believe this was a made for tv movie, i saw it on tv last year (2014) and searched it on amazon to buy it. i DID find a vhs for it, but i didnt buy it. I very stupidly did not write the name down and now i cannot remember it.

A black girl comes home to the country from the city where she has been living. She kind of had her nose up in the air at the people she came home to since living the city life. There is a blonde white girl neighbor from a poor family who visits the black girls mother.
    The white girls mother cant really even afford new shoes or clothes for her or her brothers (i think there was a scene where they even skipped school because the kids on the bus were making fun of them for holes in their shoes)
    The black girl eventually befriends the white girl and gives her some jeans to wear since hers were so worn. They make chocolates together and wheel them into town to sell, hoping to make a business of it.

This movie is pretty reminiscent of The Secret Path (AKA Chasing Secrets) which is a lifetime movie. I believe the movie i am remember was made for tv but i dont think it was lifetime.
    it is NOT The Color of Frienship, But i want to say it had the word "frienship" or "magic" in the title.

it was popular enough to be on VHS so im hoping someone knows!

Credits

What is This Movie? (Its been bugging me for 6 years)

Hey guys,

Just wanting to know if someone can help me to find out "What this movie is called" as seen in the title

Back in 2010 I watched a movie made around 2000 - 2010 which I really enjoyed watching however I cannot remember what it is called what so ever. I remember quite a lot of what happens which I will say now. There was this man age 18 - 20's and he had a crush on this girl however there was this gang (set in china) that use to harass her and he obviously didn't like it, he tried to help her once and I think they just beat him up as the crush watched and couldn't do anything about it. He got into this big depression and wanted to suicide so one day he went to the top of this building and jumped off. Just before he hits the floor he has a flashback, teleports back in time or something similar. While in that flashback/ back in time he wakes up in a time back when there was samurai's and ninjas. For some reason he has the skills of a really good samurai or either got taught. (I can't remember much around the flash back but I will say as much as I can)
    The main character helps royal blood in this war for some reason and there was quite a passionate connection with him and the princess in that time however it was hit time to go as they win the war in a kissing seen with the princess. The flashback/time jump goes back to his old state just before he jumped off the building and with his new confidence and skills he came back with from that flashback/time jump he sees the gang harassing his crush and comes up to them they make fun of him and the main character just takes it and the crush is telling him to run, he waits till they try to take a hit and when they do he dodges all of the hits and basically beats them up hard and like most movies the main gang leader ran away just before he received his beating and aswell as he wins the heart of his crush. THE END.

The front cover case has the picture of him and his crushes faces I THINK.

This took me like 30 minutes to write and I hope its not too long because I wanted to go in with as much detail as I can remember and I hope this is answered because it has been bugging me for the past 6 years (Almost 2016)

Thank you for answering

Kind regards Sajamont

Credits

Over the Edge

Quote Originally Posted by GEWebb View Post
    Movie is set in the 70's. About a bunch of kids that hang out at a rec center. They use drugs and act out. I do remember something about them locking their parent in the school during a PTA meeting, and proceeding to damage the school, parent's cars, and so on. Movie end with kids being shipped of to correction school on a yellow caged bus. Please help.
    Over the Edge is the name of that movie. I love that movie.

Credits

What's that movie?!

Hello MovieList,

I need some help with a movie title. I've tried numerous Google searches but because my only memory of the movie is so vague they of course turned up without answers.

The movie is in the Romance genre. There's a woman that's interested in a guy that's having a hard time opening up to her. The only scene I can remember involves her either staying the night or being over at his house. She notices he has a lot of things (there may or may not be new unopened boxes of just random purchases) and she asks him along the lines of, why do you have so much stuff? He explains that he makes these impulse buys because he's trying to fill a void in his life which later is filled by her love.

Please, please I hope someone out there knows what movie I'm talking about.
    Thanks!

Credits

teen thriller

starts outwith a group of teens in 2 different cars car surfing when one of the girls that normally dont do risky things decides to try it. and when she steps out putting one foot on one car and one on the other car one of the girls that dosent like her pulls on the wheel causing her to fall off and being killed.

Credits

Help please.

Hey guys I was hoping you could help me find this movie. All I can remember is a scene that a woman I believe to be the main character walks in on his boss doing a photo-shoot, supposedly a big shot, made a model cry for a photo and then after talked to his new assistant(the woman I mentioned) talked about how she wont last long and after the woman see's what these woman look like in their photo when he takes their picture she makes a deal if she can last 6 months he'll have to photo-shoot her.

Credits
    Looking for this movie. I only remember the beginning. A man forgets his anniversary and hurries to the shop to get something. But a stray dog knocks over a display and the shop owner blames the man. So he goes home empty handed, thinkng about how he's gonna explain to his wife/girlfriend about it. But the dog follows him home, and the lady thinks that the guy got her the dog and is estatic. His mother in law is less impressed and expresses how small the dog is. I think there is a note tied to the dog's collar, and it's some sort of romance/comedy/crime sort of movie. It's an old one thought, maybe 60's or 70's. Thanks!

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast