Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Credits
    Love my IPhone, Best phone I've ever had....

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Credits

Thumbs up

I am using Apple 3G cell phone!

Credits
    I have a HTC G1 for 7 months or so. Love the Android OS, am definitely gettin Samsung Galaxy S (or the Galaxy Pad) later next year.

My G1 looks like this btw (not my pic, but it´s pretty much the same)
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    I just got a Motorola Triumph, my first Android-based smartphone (and my first smartphone with Internet access) a few days ago. It looks like (and has similar specs to) the original Motorola Droid X from Verizon, but mine is on the Virgin Mobile network, so I save a ton of money over Verizon's plans.

The Triumph has a 4.1" touchscreen, 1 Ghz processor, 512 MB memory, 5MP rear camera with LED flash, VGA front-facing camera, and runs Android 2.2.2 (Froyo). It may not be the fastest or the most powerful phone on the market, but I really like this phone. My only complaint with it is the battery life is rather poor.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

j7wild Guest

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by corfy View Post
    My only complaint with it is the battery life is rather poor.
    from what I read on the internet and heard from friends who own these new Smart Phones, the battery life is poor on all of them including the Apples iPhones!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    from what I read on the internet and heard from friends who own these new Smart Phones, the battery life is poor on all of them including the Apples iPhones!!
    I discovered that I get a significant battery boost if I shut off the 3G data service when I'm not using it. It is quick to turn on again, and I don't have my phone constantly checking my email (I get way too much email for that, I'd never get anything done), so it isn't a problem. But I suddenly went from barely getting through the work day without charging it (after about 11 hours I was down to 8% battery) to getting home with 60% charge. That is a significant difference. But as I said, it is quick to turn back on again, and I use it periodically throughout the day (particularly over lunch).

Credits
    On the day that the iPhone 5 was announced, I ordered my new cell phone. And no, it isn't an iPhone.

I really didn't want to order a new phone. For the most part, I've been happy with my phone (the Motorola Triumph, posted above). But my battery life is absolutely attrocious, even compared to my wife's phone (she has the same model phone, but her battery life is much better than mine). Plus, mine has started developing a problem where it doesn't want to charge when it is plugged in. That is not a good combination. So I broke down and ordered a new phone.

HTC Evo V 4G (essentially, HTC Evo 3D)
    Android 4.0 OS
    1.2 Ghz dual-core processor
    1 GB RAM
    4.3 inch screen (960x480 pixels)
    Dual-lens 5 MB rear camera (3D capable) with LED flash

Credits
    iphone 4, now i want the new iphone

Credits

A first look at the "iphone 5" by comedian jimmy kimmel
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

j7wild Guest

Thumbs down

http://news.yahoo.com/iphone-5-launc...--finance.html

I want to know what exactly is the difference between each iPhone model that necessitates these people to need to buy the latest model?

Is the older model, whether it's an iPhone 1, 2, 3, or 4 going to not be able to do perform everyday tasks (making phone calls, receiving phone calls, sending emails, receiving emails, going on the internet, sending SMS, receiving SMS)?

I know people who are still using Motorola Razr V3M,

http://mobilenetconnect.com/wordpres...azr-v3m-ss.jpg

the flip phone from a few years ago, NOT the DROID and they still get things done day in and day out!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/iphone-5-launc...--finance.html

I want to know what exactly is the difference between each iPhone model that necessitates these people to need to buy the latest model?
    Some people just like having the latest tech. I believe they are called early adopters. Nothing wrong with that. Personally I'm a wait and see type of guy. For cell phones I've been waiting and seeing for so long that I have yet to invest in one. Never had the urgent need for one as of yet.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

j7wild Guest
    I have a Droid that I bought in September 2012, a few days over 2 years ago.

I would not have bought it and I would still be using my old cell phone if I didn't lose it at the movie theater on September 17th, 2010.

j7wild Guest
    I hear even with this new iPhone, it still cannot do data and voice simultaneously.

I can do that with my old phone that I lost and also with my 2 year old droid.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234