Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Anti caps upgrade?

This is not just about you Jake yours was just the most recent post, but there are occasionally posts where people USE NOTHING BUT CAPS.
    B efore I changed my sites host I had a forum and the software had the option of preventing this by automatically changing multiple caps to lower case. Suddenly THIS bcomes This.
    Is it possible to get something like that on Movielist?

Credits
    i dont know if its a function thats built in this forum, but from a programmers point of view, its a REALLY =) easy thing to do.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    no.... just because some people do it or do it sometimes u have to make a rule that applies to all, all the time? thats kind of unfair dont u think?

coz there are some cases where CAPS are needed for news reports of in some movie threads or even on links to sites that need caps....

stupid idea IMO... u cant cripple a whole forum for the actions of 1 person or a few
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Originally posted by tisoy
    no.... just because some people do it or do it sometimes u have to make a rule that applies to all, all the time? thats kind of unfair dont u think?

coz there are some cases where CAPS are needed for news reports of in some movie threads or even on links to sites that need caps....

stupid idea IMO... u cant cripple a whole forum for the actions of 1 person or a few
    Why would you need only caps for a new report? How would it make the post better? I don't, make that can't, read a post when it's all caps because it looks horrible, and is very annoying.
    and no it wouldn't cripple the forum. Caps are not required for links, observe.

WWW.WHWN.COM
    www.whwn.com

I promise you I only have 1 domain name.

Credits
    yes in some cases or direct links to html and http links CAPS are needed...

geez.... why on earth would u like to disable caps on ML ?!?!?!?! i man this has to be the most stupid suggestion i have heard here..

the forums are so small already and we dont even have "proper" forums rules .. but u want caps disabled ?!?!?!

LOL...

Credits
    i dont want this function by the way, just said its an easy thing to do. I like to be able to use caps every now and then. However spend a tad more time and u can make a "smart" function. let links be for example. and if its only stand alone words like "please let ME use caps" it would let them be. while "PLEASE LET ME USE CAPS" would get caught and made into "please let me use caps"

Credits
    yes in some cases or direct links to html and http links CAPS are needed...

geez.... why on earth would u like to disable caps on ML ?!?!?!?! i man this has to be the most stupid suggestion i have heard here..

the forums are so small already and we dont even have "proper" forums rules .. but u want caps disabled ?!?!?!

LOL...
    YES BUT THE PROBLEM IS WHEN PEOPLE DECIDE THAT ITS NESSISARY TO POST LIKE THIS BECAUSE ITS EMOTIONAL AND NEEDED. WHY WOULD YOU NEED TO USE ONLY CAPS. ITS NOT ESSENTIAL IT LOOKS BAD AND THIS IS ALL SET TO BE THE WORST POST I HAVE EVER DOENE!!!

Credits
    LOL.... actually caps dont bother me.... geez.. who ever made that idea that caps is shouting...lol

i find it actually funny that people take it so seriously when caps is meant as shouting.... coz I DONT HEAR ANYTHING... LOL

Credits
    I agree that when people use only caps its annoying.
    But I don't think it happens enough that we need to make a hack for it. (the more hacks you add, the more problems can occur).

For now, we'll just edit/delete posts that have all caps.
    (Use the "report this post" link at the bottom of each message).

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Lightbulb

geez.. who ever made that idea that caps is shouting...lol
    Internet bonton (or whatever is this called in english) is saying that typing in CAPS LOCK reads like shouting. period.

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT