Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

who banned sander.brons?

Being a nosy Forum member I'd just like to ask for the official answers from JPB and/or the MODs to the following questions?

1) Is sander.bros banned for a period of time or for life? (I guess everyone knows why he's banned but it'd be good if we can also get an official reply to that.)

2) Who made the decision? (Or should I say, who pushed the red button?) Was it JPB or Mark, or someone else?

3) I noticed now sander.bros is branded 'Banned' (tongue twister this one is...) Is it a new 'feature' for those outcasted, cos I don't recall seeing that when swap2kiscool (or myself, even though I wasn't there to witness, hehe...) got the ban.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    He posts this but he ignores Tisoys situation.

Anyway I dunno if it's permanant or not, but I say it serves them both right. I've even told Chris that in MSN though he just shrugged it off.

When JP puts up a notice that he wants the swearing to stop and they both ignored it completely (Chris even used code to make sure his swearing showed up for all to read) then they should be punished. Otherwise it's just anarchy.:angel"

Credits
    Originally posted by carl
    He posts this but he ignores Tisoys situation.
    What tisoy's situation? Has he also got the big B as well? (I wouldn't know cos he's still 'Trailer God', not 'Banned'.)

Sorry, carl, is the 'He' referred to sander.bros or me?

Credits

Re: who banned sander.brons?

Originally posted by editman
    ...cos I don't recall seeing that when swap2kiscool (or myself, even though I wasn't there to witness, hehe...) got the ban.
    Editman was banned?

Credits
    According to mod Kn'thrak tisoy is not banned. Just a foul-up.

I didn't know about sander.bros banning though.

About JPs notice against swearing. I always hit "view new posts" and Announcement dosen't show up in those, I alway miss them. Only found this one as I went out to find it as it was talked about in a thread. Not that this one hit me much as I usually dont grab after swear words when Im making a point, but annoying if I miss important things.

Anyhow, rules should be followed, so a tempban for breaking them seem right, no matter if newbie or trailer god. If one is upset with a mod where is better ways to get the point through that a lot of ********************************
    And Mods really shouldn't get into mud throwing contests with non-mod ppl. It in my oppinion creates an unballance that will always end in the mods favour. Mods job is to lay down the law not fight or abuse power.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits

Re: Re: who banned sander.brons?

Originally posted by lafce
    Editman was banned?
    Heh heh... funny you didn't know about my notoriety in this Forum...

Yes to set the record straight I was banned once. For a day. (Although it felt like 2 days. Or maybe it was.)

Reason: I cracked and was rude to swap2kiscool when he made a lot of trailer 'request' (more like 'aggressive demands'). He complained to Mark Strube in a rude way (or so as I was told.) So we both got the big B for 1-day.

After that editman continued to be... the nice editman :angel" , whilst swap2kiscool evolves into different screen names, posting provocative messages now and then. I think the person himself/herself is currently inactive/banned in this Forum.

That is why one of my sigs (the one with Chow Yun-Fat in "Hard Boiled") reads "I don't care what your reasons are, editman. You are BANNED".
    Last edited by editman; 08-18-2003 at 09:03 PM.

Credits

Re: Re: who banned sander.brons?

Originally posted by lafce
    Editman was banned?
    yea a tempban, didn't u know, he's the secret badboy of ML.

Credits

Re: Re: Re: who banned sander.brons?

Originally posted by Gaumont
    yea a tempban, didn't u know, he's the secret badboy of ML.
    Correction: former secret badboy... Now I'm just a pain in the a**, correcting newbies and oldies () here now and then...

As for the whole incidence, I agree with Gamount and carl: JPB specifically made the rule about swearing. Chris at least has an excuse (though 'over-reacted' to most - I'm not even gonna comment on my view on the 'overreacting' issue). sander.bros has no reason whatsoever to post a reply full of swearing to try to 'stop' the argument. IMHO, he seems to be just trying to whore attnetion (with all his sigs and stuff.)

But what I'm interested to know are the answers to those questions I asked in the first post of this thread. Until the MODs speak up we're only speculating.
    Last edited by editman; 08-18-2003 at 09:01 PM.

Credits

Re: Re: Re: who banned sander.brons?

That is why one of my sigs (the one with Chow Yun-Fat in "Hard Boiled") reads "I don't care what your reasons are, editman. You are BANNED".
    Yes, I remember that one...

Credits
    What tisoy's situation? Has he also got the big B as well? (I wouldn't know cos he's still 'Trailer God', not 'Banned'.)

Sorry, carl, is the 'He' referred to sander.bros or me?
    It was aimed at you. Just a bit of harmless joking.:angel"

Anyway has anyone told Chris that he hasn't been banned because he was very bitter about it earlier?

Credits
    dont know, he was offline when i found out. Perhaps he will be swearing all day tomorrow untill he gets online lol

Credits
    Originally posted by Gaumont
    dont know, he was offline when i found out. Perhaps he will be swearing all day tomorrow untill he gets online lol
    I wouldn't worry about Chris too much... He always comes back with a surprise. It may look like that he's really pissed off (and maybe he was and still is), but if we take it too seriously he'll come back with LOL about us taking it too seriously.

Sorry. Been there. Done that. I won't start another petition even if he says he's leaving the Forum for real this time.

And still no official words on who gets the big ban and for how long?

Credits
    To set the record straight...

I banned sander.brons
    He was swearing non-stop and for no reason.
    He is banned for 1 week.

I did not ban Tisoy.
    As far as I know, he was not banned.
    I've checked into the user settings, and made sure he has full access.

And (I dont think) the "Banned" message is new.
    But you shouldnt see it too often, because we havent had to ban too many people.
    Last edited by ZUBi; 08-18-2003 at 11:07 PM.

Credits
    Thank you, JPB. Another mystery solved.

This thread can probably be closed now.

Credits
    If I keep saying a$$, even though it is bleeped, will I get banned? Or is it that if you keep using "strong" profanity?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast