Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Kill Bill?

Credits

Question Kill Bill?

has anyone looked at the plot of kill bill and noticed a SIMILIAR plot line. was in coma with child, was a badass, and is out for revenge.

of course it's not a remake but you have to admit that they are SOMEWHAT alike.

And if anyone who doesn't know that Resevoir Dogs is a total rip-off of the Chow Yun Fat film Long hu feng yun (1987) also known as City on Fire. And be aware that Quentin worked at a video store up until he came up with the story for RD.

still a cool movie, but man the whole story is a rip and he gives no credit to the film. i know before that it was supposed to have a dedication at the beggining of RD to the influences for RD and Chow Yun Fat was on it, credit is owed to the source.

Credits
    Hollywood is about ripping off other people, espically HK. Get over it. It's a known fact that everyone rips off everyone else, even Spielberg and QT. FACT!*

*Not an actual fact.

Credits
    City On Fire

Chow Yun Fat plays an under cover cop who infiltrates a gang of theives hired to steal diamonds. He is envolved in a heist that goes wrong when the cops turn up and bullets begin to fly. Our hero is shot in the gut and everyone who is still alive return to a dissused warehouse and then proced to accuse everyone else and point their guns at each other.

Resevoir Dogs

The tale of a group of thugs who are hired to rob a diamond store. But the plan starts to fall apart when the alarm is tripped and the cops show up within moments. Of the group of men, all of whom are identified by colors, only four survive with one being seriously wounded by a bullitt in the gut. It is suspected that there is a police informant in the group, but no one is sure who it is.

Credits
    Exactly, working in a video shop would influnce what you write in your screenplay. I'm sure there are other moves that spring to mind like...
    Tomb Raider 2: TCOL
    Raiders of the Lost Ark

Credits
    very true, up until now RD was one of my favorite movies, and always wondered how he came up with it. now i know.

Credits
    Just because it's a rip-off of a HK film does mean it's completely bad - just unoriginal and a bit more like The Ring.

Credits
    Originally posted by I Got Trailers
    Just because it's a rip-off of a HK film does mean it's completely bad - just unoriginal and a bit more like The Ring.
    dosent mean its bad at all. All movies are inspired by others, its just a Q of how much.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    QT stated at some point that Reservoir Dogs IS a homage/rip-off of City On Fire. Everyone knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by I Got Trailers
    Tomb Raider 2: TCOL
    Raiders of the Lost Ark
    Dumbest. Analogy. Ever. Even dumber than comparing Spider-Man to Superman.
    Last edited by editman; 08-18-2004 at 07:02 AM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List