Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Digitally Imported trance/techno/house

I noticed there isn't a lot of talk about music on the forum (besides that one sticky). I myself have been listening to the mp3 streams at www.di.fm for years, and just love it... it's introduced me to a lot of new music you'd NEVER hear on the radio or see on tv, damn pop music. I used to listen to www.flashfm.com but not at all recently (it's become a little too mainstream for my tastes). Anyone here listen to these as well? Some of my favorite bands are The Crystal Method, BT, Juno Reactor, Dario G. (those are techno), Groove Armada (house/trip-hop), Stabbing Westward (industrial rock), Harvey Danger (alt. rock), and of course my lover, Madonna. What kind of music do you guys like listening to the most? Do you fit outside the groove (non-popular music) or inside the groove (MTV all the way!). I'm somewhere in-between, but leaning majorly towards outside the groove!

And yeah there's a "what are you listening to?" thread, but I want to use this for my own evil purposes... to find people who like similar kinds of music to me, and to see who fits in and outside of the "groove!!" :big grin:
    Last edited by Shrubz; 09-18-2003 at 10:04 AM.

Credits
    yup, i love these types of music

Andy Hunter, Rob Dougan, Orbital and Robert Miles but right now i am in the 80s new wave mode ... listening to TEARS FOR FEARS, Annie Lennox and Blondie
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    My musical tastes are varied. I like a little of everything and a lot of nothing.

I can't point at any one genre and say, "I like that type of music," or even "I can't stand that type of music."

Let's put it this way, I have the following types of stations programed into my car radio.

50s and 60s rock and roll
    70s 80s 90s and today
    Soft rock
    Classic hits (50s through 80s)
    90s and today
    80s
    Hard rock
    90s and today
    top 40

There are times when I can listen to any of these stations and hear a bunch of songs in a row that I really like. And then there are other times when I flip through the stations and can't find anything that I am remotely interested in.

I like so little country that I don't tune in to country stations, but there are some songs that I like. The same can be said of rap. And thanks to "Weird Al" Yankovic, I can honestly say I like some polka music.

Mainly, I listen to songs, not groups or genres. If I like a song, I'll listen to it. If I don't like a song, I won't. How do I determine if I like a song or not? Well, there is no rule as to what I like and what I don't, so I just have to listen to it and determine on my own.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection