Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Microsoft Vista "born broken"

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Windows/Vista-Born-Broken/

...the New York Times reports that included in the documents that Microsoft was forced to turn over to U.S. District Court Judge Marsha Pechman was one from Dell, which was aptly named, "Windows Vista Post Mortem." In this March 25, 2007 document, Dell states that the "Late OS code changes broke drivers and applications, forcing key commodities to miss launch or limp out with issues."

In the document, Dell went on to tell Microsoft that its Vista "upgrade program needs a complete overhaul" and that Microsoft should "not change program requirements after release to OEMs as changes are costly, time-consuming and distracting."

Even inside Microsoft, we now know that it realized after Vista was shipping that the OS wasn't really ready for prime time. A personal favorite of mine is Mike Nash, e-mailing the crew on Feb. 25, 2007 that "I personally got burned by the Intel 915 chip set issue that I bought PERSONALLY (eg with my own $$$)." He went on, "I know that I chose my laptop (a Sony TX770P) because it had the Vista logo and was pretty disappointed that not only wouldn't it run [Aero] Glass, but more importantly it wouldn't run Movie Maker." As it was, Nash felt that he now had a "$2,100 e-mail machine."
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    I've been running it close to a year now with no real issues, just some minor annoyances. I was able to download and install SP1 for it two weeks ago and to be honest I haven't noticed a difference yet.

Vista will go down as a failure the same way as ME. I've heard that they've pushed up the release of Windows 7 (I wish they'd pick a proper naming sequence) to 2009.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chernabog_ca View Post
    Vista will go down as a failure the same way as ME. I've heard that they've pushed up the release of Windows 7 (I wish they'd pick a proper naming sequence) to 2009.
    Thing is though they have been developing Vista since 2001! If they rush the next one it'll just... fail.