Thanks Thanks:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

universal studios & security

i've been a projectionist at the local theatre for the past two years (but i have 5 years experience) and this is the first time this has happened to me....

we did a sneek preview of the Rundown on saturday nite. about 15 minutes before the movie starts, i get a call from my general manager about a security person needs to see me.

then this guy dressed up in a black suit comes over and introduces himself. he is security representing universal studios. he then proceeds to ask me all these questions about recording a film and then has me fill out three pages of forms that basically say that i will not record the film,i will not allow anyone else to record the film and if i see anyone recording, i'll tell him.

and during the entire show, he walked up and down the aisles making sure no one else was recording the film...

now i could see security like this for Episode 3 or ROTK. but not the rundown. this movie was funny but it is not all that. i guess it is part of a publicity stunt to get more people to see what all the fuss is about...

has anyone else run into this (or something like this) before ? (i know universal are jerks when it comes to their trailers....)
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Most studios are doing this or something similar.
    They are really trying hard to crack-down on piracy.
    And it's for all movies... not just good ones.

Credits
    hey red bear i wanna get a job as a projectionist at my local theatre while i do a marketing degree.. what sort of training did you need to do ?

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    oh no, this will make downloading movies that much harder.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    when Freddy vs Jason was shown here in Berlin during the Fastasy Film Festival ( a day ahead of US release, and the 1st time shown in Europe to the Public) a WB representive was there. The film reels even only arrived 2 hours b4 the showing and the representative had to help the projectionist. Anyway just b4 the showing a guy from the fim festival talked in front and asked the audience to not to record or or in any similar form the movie (which is 1st time shown in Europe) ... and once they see some doin this they will stop the movie and the reell goes back to USA ...lol

well IMO piracy will never be stopped, these movies we download from the net are made by pro pirates who know what they doin, and have their special sources

with up to 3000 screen per movie these days... how do u they can they control it?
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    dang... i guess i can't bring my video camera this friday to film the rock!
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    When I went to the premiere of Dreamcatcher, I had my backpack searched.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    yup i can see where they r comeing from P2P network's out there like winmx if you want a new movie you look for 2 thing's 1.TMD movie file's 2.hit the irc chat room's but oh well its not going to stop me