i've been a projectionist at the local theatre for the past two years (but i have 5 years experience) and this is the first time this has happened to me....

we did a sneek preview of the Rundown on saturday nite. about 15 minutes before the movie starts, i get a call from my general manager about a security person needs to see me.

then this guy dressed up in a black suit comes over and introduces himself. he is security representing universal studios. he then proceeds to ask me all these questions about recording a film and then has me fill out three pages of forms that basically say that i will not record the film,i will not allow anyone else to record the film and if i see anyone recording, i'll tell him.

and during the entire show, he walked up and down the aisles making sure no one else was recording the film...

now i could see security like this for Episode 3 or ROTK. but not the rundown. this movie was funny but it is not all that. i guess it is part of a publicity stunt to get more people to see what all the fuss is about...

has anyone else run into this (or something like this) before ? (i know universal are jerks when it comes to their trailers....)