Thanks Thanks:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

Rumored changes to the Star Wars Trilogy

from another forum

The following information was taken from an "Ain't it Cool News" talkback regarding the rumored release of the original Star Wars Trilogy on DVD. This information should definitely be considered only a rumor, as it's source is rather suspect. Nevertheless, it does make for an interesting read as some of the changes do make a lot of sense. Either the author is legit or has a lot of time on his hands. Whatever the case, it will be interesting to see what further changes, if any, will be made to the Original Trilogy once it finally comes to DVD.

Episode IV: A New Hope

01. The Imperial March has been added to Darth Vader's first appearance on Princess Leia's ship.
    02. When Obi-Wan is talking to Luke about his father Anakin's Theme plays in the background and then it turns into the Imperial March as he talks about Vader.
    03. The lightsaber effects have been redone and the frame jumps of lightsabers being turned on has been removed.
    04. There's a new scene which has been shot during the filming of Episode III in which the Emperor dissolves the Senate.
    05. In the Cantina, the Duros(green aliens guys) have been replaced with Neimoidians and some aliens from the prequels have been added.
    06. The bleeding arm on the floor in the Cantina has been replaced with a non-bleeding arm because it's now canon that lightsabers cauterize wounds.
    07. The original shooting scene between Han and Greedo has been restored.
    08. Jabba the Hutt has been given a makeover and Han no longer steps on his tale.
    09. In place of R2 wobbling down the stairs to the Falcon's hangar, a CG R2 navigating the stairs like he does in Attack of the Clones was added.
    10. The white boxes around space ships have been removed and new CG shots have been added.
    11. The scene of the Falcon being chased by the two Star Destroyers was modified. The Falcon now does spinning moves, avoiding the Star Destroyers' fire.
    12. When the Death Star destroys Alderaan there's a new scene of Yoda's reaction to the disturbance in the Force that is created by all those deaths and then it cuts to Obi-Wan reacting to it as well.
    13. The Dianoga has gotten a CG makeover and were are now able to see more of the creature.
    14. The Death Star's paneling and computers have been slightly altered to show similar displays to those in the prequels.
    15. The words "Tractor Beam" with Aurebesh lettering.
    16. More stormtroopers have been added to the Death Star.
    17. Use Temuera Morrison's voice is being recorded for use with all the stormtroopers.
    18. The Obi-Wan/Vader duel has been spruced up. It is much more epic and there is much more movement. A modified version of Duel of the Fates is being considered for the scene.
    19. The Death Star plans that are taken from R2 have been updated. When the Rebels are reviewing the Death Star plans they look similar to the plans we see in Attack of the Clones.
    20. The Death Star battle is much more epic with more Tie Fighters and more Rebels being blown to bits. We get to see old Naboo starfighters being used by the Rebels.
    21. There's a new scene(shot during Episode III) where Darth Vader goes to Coruscant and lands his ship in the same building Count Dooku does at the end of Attack of the Clones. Except now the building is all fixed up and it is now Palpatine's palace. He meets with Palpatine to ask for forgiveness for his failure and inform him of a new potential who is strong in the Force.
    22. Chewbacca now gets a medal.

Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

01. The taun-tauns are now CG.
    02. The battle of Hoth is much more epic. We see the Imperial ships land on Hoth and release AT-ATs. The AT-ATs have been sped up a bit. There's a ground battle between the Rebel soldiers and stormtroopers featuring new ships and vechicles.
    03. Temuera Morrison's voice is being recorded for the older Boba Fett and all the stormtroopers.
    04. The white boxes around space ships have been removed.
    05. The slug monster is CG.
    06. Ian McDiarmid has refilmed scenes as the Emperor. The conversations between Vader and Palpatine is now longer and features a few connections to the prequels.
    07. Yoda's face is now animated in CG allowing more expression of emotions yet his movements remain the same. Also two deleted scenes featuring Yoda instructing Luke have been restored.
    08. A new scene was shot in which the stormtroopers, after they capture Han, Leia and Chewie, bring Vader the box containing C-3PO in pieces. Vader orders the stormtroopers to bring the broken droid to Chewbacca's cell so that he can fix him.
    09. The lightsaber effects have been redone in certain parts.
    10. Luke's fall from Cloud City has been reshot against bluescreen using a stuntman.

Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

01. Jabba the Hutt is now a combination of the puppet and CG.
    02. The Rancor is CG and looks disgusting as ever.
    03. Yoda is CG. Yoda disappears leaving his clothes behind like Obi-Wan now.
    04. The ewoks are now mostly CG and there are a lot more of them.
    05. The plan is to insert the love theme Across the Stars when Luke is talking with Leia about their mother.
    06. Temuera Morrison's like before is now the voice for Boba Fett and all the stormtroopers.
    07. In the battle of Endor there are thousands of Ewoks and they are more vicious than there midgets-in-suits counterparts. More bit the dust now.
    08. White boxes around ships removed.
    09. The black blotches around Palpatine's face are gone.
    10. Some of the lightsaber effects have been redone. The shadows that the lightsabers made on the floor are gone.
    11. During Anakin's death scene it starts with a sad rendition of the Imperial March and slowly evolves into Anakin's Theme.
    12. Sebastion Shaw who played Anakin when he was unmasked has been replaced with Hayden Christenson in make-up to make him look older. Anakin has much more dialogue. He apologizes for the destruction he caused, he thanks his son for turning him back to the light, he tells his son to rebuild the Jedi and he says he loves him and his sister. Just before he dies he says, "It is finished...".
    13. We see more planets celebrating at the end of the movie. We see an aged Jar Jar, who is now the leader of the Gungans, on Naboo celebrating with the people of Naboo and the Gungans. We see an old Watto, who is now unable to fly, sitting in a hover chair cheering on Tatooine. During these scenes Across the Stars plays transitioning to the victory celebration music at the Ewok tree village.
    14. Anakin's spirit is now played by Hayden Christenson with make-up to make him look his age. He looks on proudly at his son Luke with the spirit of Padme by his side.
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Why don't they make it easier for themselves and make a re-make. They will even get more money!!!

Credits
    I'd be a happy camper if half these were done.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin:

Credits
    I love the 'Star Wars' movies as they are, but hey - I must admit there is some really cool stuff here. Let's hope this is true.

Credits

Credits
    these really sound cool....but we know half of these will never happen.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Originally posted by red bear
    these really sound cool....but we know half of these will never happen.
    I think is going to be waaaay more than half of it

Credits
    I like:

03. The lightsaber effects have been redone and the frame jumps of lightsabers being turned on has been removed.

07. The original shooting scene between Han and Greedo has been restored. (I want Han Solo shotting first, like before!)

08. Jabba the Hutt has been given a makeover and Han no longer steps on his tale.

11. The scene of the Falcon being chased by the two Star Destroyers was modified. The Falcon now does spinning moves, avoiding the Star Destroyers' fire.

16. More stormtroopers have been added to the Death Star.

20. The Death Star battle is much more epic with more Tie Fighters and more Rebels being blown to bits. We get to see old Naboo starfighters being used by the Rebels.

22. Chewbacca now gets a medal.

04. The white boxes around space ships have been removed. (I tought that that was fixed in the S.E.)

09. The lightsaber effects have been redone in certain parts.

10. Luke's fall from Cloud City has been reshot against bluescreen using a stuntman.

03. Yoda disappears leaving his clothes behind like Obi-Wan now.

09. The black blotches around Palpatine's face are gone. (again , I think that that was already fixed in the S.E.)

I hate:

-Music additions to the OST
    -CGI additions and characters
    -Hayden Christenson as the old Anakin
    -Vader compassion for C3PO
    -Faster AT-AT
    -Jar Jar in the original series
    -Final celebration across the stars. I want the ewok celebration/music back!

Credits
    I always wondered why, during the Special Edition, the computer panels and Death Star plans in 4 weren't updated to look more like 6. I also thought they should have redubbed the voice of the Emperor in 5.

That being said, I like most of the alleged changes.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    something like that

Credits
    I really hope that all of these are true. When I was thinking about what Lucas could do to change these films, these are what I came up with. Of course, I didn't write them down. I only thought about them.

I hope that Lucas put the films through a digital processor so that he can up the picture quality. I also hope that he does digital additions to the sets like in the Empire special edition in cloud city when the stark white walls were replaced with huge windows of the city.

Little things like that are what make the changes very much worth it.

At first I wasn't sure if the two trilogies would meld well into the 6-part film that Lucas has been saying that these films are. But with digital technology, all that will be fixed.
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    I have the first trilogy on VHS - without any special edition stuff. It should be intresting (if these are done) to see the both "extremes".

Credits
    I think they should redo all space battles in CG... all hoth with CG, all speeder chaces in cg.... basically redo all the effects shots for all the movies... It would make them perfect. BUT also release the orginal version so people can own that which was a masterpeice in its time