Page 207 of 211 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197205206207208209 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3151
    Credits
    The last ones were

Signs
    Gangs of New York
    Shakespeare in Love

Credits
    Hawthorne Season 2. Jada Pinkett Smith plays Christine Hawthorne, chief nursing officer at Trinity Hospital in Richmond, VA. Hawthorne essentially runs the ER, so most of the department's problems, big or small, fall under the scope of her radar. Her personality is a big part of the plot, so the show itself is fierce just like her. This role suits her perfectly. I've always appreciated Jada Pinkett Smith for being such a tough babe. Mostly a serious hospital drama, but also with hints of humor. Overall, an entertaining and inspiring show. I have been watching Season 2, which just came out on DVD and Season 3, which just started on TNT. I recommend giving it a watch!

Breaking Bad Season 3 . One of the best shows on TV. Season 4 is about to get underway, with Season 3 having just been released on DVD & Blu-ray. If you have seen the show, then you know how awesome it is. The plot follows Walt, a high school chemistry teacher, who is forced to use his chemistry genius to cook Meth after he finds out he is (potentially) terminally ill. He partners up with a former student of his and business ultimately booms for them. I won't reveal too much more because I don't want to spoil things for potential watchers. Season 3 was great and I'm really looking forward to Season 4.

Credits
    Damn ... long time no new Blu-rays

Bought these recently:
    Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
    Public Enemy N.1 (french, both parts)
    Once Upon a Time in the West (LOVE THIS FILM!)
    Knight and Day
    Miami Vice
    The Quick and the Dead
    Back to the Future trilogy

Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    Just Go With It

I'm a pretty big fan of Adam Sandler across the board. I'd say that JGWI is my fav film of his since 50 First Dates (which is tied with Happy Gilmore for my favorite).

Sandler films tend to be very strong when it comes to supporting characters. Brooklyn Decker and Jennifer Aniston make for excellent eye candy and are both pretty hilarious in the film. The kids are hysterical - full of hilarious quotes. And my favorite character of all is by far "Dolph Lundgren" played by Nick Swardson. I hope he uses more of Swardson in future films.

“I am ze Dolph Lundgren, Devlin’s man-friend slash love-monkey!”

Credits
    friend of mine brought me the new True Grit in Blu-ray steelbook from London

Credits
    Transporter 3
    Reign Over Me
    Memoirs of a Geisha
    Le Concert (I love this movie)
    The Twilight Samurai
    The Forbidden Kingdom(I regret buying this one...)

Credits
    Barney's Version

I'm convinced that Paul Giamatti's presence in any film automatically validates it. Argue with me all you want, but I have yet to see a film of his that I didn't enjoy.

Barney's Version is a showcase of Paul Giamatti at his best. The story takes us through a roller coaster of experiences that is the life of Canadian TV producer Barney Panofsky. In my opinion, no other actor is better suited to interpret this ride than Giamatti. His character is not likable, yet somehow P.G. manages to captivate you and even convince you to root for him; a testament to his acting ability no doubt. The supporting cast is phenomenal too, with notable roles by Dustin Hoffman (my absolute favorite), Minnie Driver, and Rosamund Pike.

There's a reason why Barney's Version received such high acclaim during awards season. Highly recommend!

Credits
    For any fans of the war film genre, Wolfgang Petersen's 1982 film DAS BOOT was just digitally remastered for Blu-ray. I now own both the original and the new director's cut. If you own, the original, I still recommend looking into it. If you own neither or haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and watch the film. You won't be disappointed. LA Times has called it "the most convincing war movie ever made."

*And fyi, the Blu-ray extras are incredible. Bonus features include:

- full commentary with Wolfgang Peters
    - extensive documentary footage from filming in 1981
    - overviews of the control and captain's room, and then some

Credits
    Of Gods and Men

A true story following the kidnapping and murder of 7 trappist monks during the 1996 Algerian Civil War. Film won the Grand Prix award at Cannes. It is beautifully shot and beautifully acted. The two leads, Michael Lonsdale and Lambert Wilson, are incredible in their roles. It is hard not to fall in love with the both of them. And moreover, the film shines a beautiful light on Islam and Christianity coexisting in harmony. Great film - one of the best I have seen in 2011!

Credits
    Beastly, which If you haven't seen is a modern day retelling of Beauty and The Beast. I thought they did an excellent job adapting the film from the Alex Flinn book (which I also enjoyed). Alex Pettyfer and Vanessa Hudgens have great chemistry on screen together. And the supporting roles are spectacular - Neil Patrick Harris (so funny in this role) and Mary-Kate Olsen are my two favs. Overall a very cool retelling of the original. Very entertaining film. Highly recommend!

Credits
    No offense PSamm123.. but you could have probably put all those into one big post instead of having 4 separate ones.

anyway I wanted to post this a while ago but I have been busy as of late, I have to move apparently because my landlord has become a total dick, so I have been packing. anyway
    what I purchased recently..

Rango
    Battle: Los Angeles
    The Cape - The Complete Series
    Wolverine and the X-Men - The Complete 1st Season

Credits
    Boyz N The Hood.

"Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood."

Credits
    Jumping The Broom

A film that some might mistake as a typical Tyler Perry film. Similar insofar as its ensemble cast, and an all-star one at that; however different in that this cast really comes through in the acting department. And a great script reinforces the great cast. I particularly enjoyed performances by Paula Patton and Angela Bassett. Both of them were incredible - and beautiful for that matter. How old is Angela Bassett again? She looks good!

Credits
    Winter In Wartime. An interesting perspective on the WWII drama. It follows a Dutch family during the German invasion of their home town. There's an incredible dynamic between father and uncle, who maintain opposing perspectives on how to react to German presence. All topped off by the boy, MICHIEL, who begins aiding a stranded British pilot. You can imagine the drama that unfolds. Great stuff!

Credits
    I hit a couple of specials involving used DVDs today (one was buy two, get one for $1, the other was buy five, get one free, and I got one new one for really cheap). So I got these:

Big Trouble in Little China
    The Blues Brothers
    The Chase (1994)
    Goldeneye
    Hellboy
    Justice League Unlimited Season 2
    Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
    Superman: The Animated Series Volume 3 (completes my S:TAS set)
    Thunderball
    X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Total cost... about $56 after tax
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection