CommanderBond.Net received some interesting comments from Bond movie scribe Neal Purvis today. The man spoke at a lecture on the whole collapsed Halle Berry-led, "Jinx" movie spin-off controversy and why it didn't happen. The answer? Money of course:

"We spent two months with Stephen Frears on it and it’s all down to the studio. Halle Berry was very happy, Stephen and the producers were happy and we were happy – but the studio didn’t want to make it. It was going to cost $80-90 million and Charlie’s Angels and Tomb Raider hadn’t done well, so they didn’t want to risk it"

Meanwhile Angelina Jolie spoke out this week to Coming Soon about recent rumours of a third "Tomb Raider" and the possibility of her returning as Lara Croft - the answer wasn't great for fans of the franchise: "I just don't feel like I need to do another one, because I felt very happy with the last one. It was the one that we really wanted to do," she told us. "In the first one, I was kind of frustrated, but I was trying something new, and then with the second one, I felt like that's how we wanted to do it". Jolie is also unsure about playing Catherine the Great in the upcoming Russian-set epic "Love and Honor" movie.
As far as I'm concerned, there's no real loss here. These movies shouldn't have been made (and that's coming froma person who didn't think Bond20 or Tomb2 were horrible endeavors).