Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Veronica Guerin

Credits

Thumbs up Veronica Guerin

Saw a few TV spots this week. The movie comes out this weekend and looks like a solid drama about Veronica Guerin, a reporter in Ireland who risked her life uncovering an underground drug ring. Here is the description from Coming Soon:

Some stories can change the world, and change the lives of those who tell them. On October 17th, the story of Veronica Guerin will be told. In the mid-1990s, Dublin was nothing short of a war zone, with a few powerful drug lords battling for control. Their most fearsome opponent was not the police but the courageous journalist Veronica Guerin (Cate Blanchett), who covered the crime beat with unmatched intensity. As she investigated and exposed the "pushers," balancing her home and family against her responsibility to her readers and her country, she became a national folk heroine to the people of Ireland; each attempt on her life only galvanized her legend. Her brutal murder in 1996 forced a dramatic revision of Ireland's laws and led to the arrests of the nation's top criminals.

Cate's getting Oscar buzz for her performance already, and there is supposedly a great Collin Farrell cameo in the movie.

Credits
    I agree.. this looks phenomenal to me. I've heard great buzz about it and Blanchett supposedly delivers an Oscar winning performance.
    Can't wait.