Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Credits

Matrix Revolutions : reviews (possible spolier warning)

i figure i would be the first to start this thread. i just got out of a screening at the theater. we actually got the movie in a day early, so needless to say, we all watched it.

the movie canisters stated the movie was 2 1/2 hours long, but the actual movie itself is probably only 2 at best. i guess they are counting the trailers, ads and credits in with that total.

i am going to spoil in next few paragraphs just in case...

i first 1 1/2 hours were just awesome. i really can't believe i stated that. i really did like it. the CG was ALOT better than Reloaded. and it didn't focus too much on Neo (in the beginning)...

however, it takes a turn for the worse during the last 30 minutes. as neo approaches the city and the movie shows the love interests, it kind of lost my attention. however, the fight between Smith and Neo wasn't that bad. i just never figured out when Smith learned to fly. all of a sudden, he's flying around with neo in some sort of superhero vs super villian aerial ballet with each enemy throwing atomic powered punchs that would level a city block. but hey, it's a movie. i guess they can do that....

but the real kicker is the ending....now i'm gonna try and not give it away...but i can guarantee some of you, if not most, will walk away and say (outloud) "WTF !!".....

overall :

plot - could be better. left off a few items they bring up in part two that they don't answer.
    effects/cg - good. better than pt 2. didn't feel like Final Fantasy.
    chartacter development - not needed so much since no one was really introduced in this movie except a few characters and the little explanation was ok. could have explained a few things. like the little girl...

i would give it an 7/10.(C+) better than pt 2 but no where near as good as pt 1.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits

What I thought of Revolutions..

Well... without getting into specifics I will simply say this

Damn... thats a LOT of squidies!!

The movie was not what I expected; and I mean just that.

I, like so many others out there had their own ideas of what was going to happen in the last chapter. Some of which I saw, and some I didn't.

Not a bad ending I guess. Again, not what I expected.

now a question for the others that have seen it.

Did anyone else have a hard time following the end battle between smith and neo?!? I found that all the rain in the air made it hard to pick out targets through that whole sequence.

Bro Jay

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Exclamation

MODerator ZUBi MERGEd thread(s)...

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    Im going to a Maraton show tomorow... we are going to se matrix 1+2+3 in 1 go it will be great.... even tho i think Reloadet sucked im still hoping that the 3 film will put it all together... i liked the original matrix to mutch to give up on it just cos of a crappy sequel....

I dident read the spoilers.... and thank god for the big blue bars

I hope it rocks... and i realy hope my Matrix in the Matrix theori dosent happen... if thats how it ends i will be sending the crew and cast some hate mail

Fed7haS
    She's just too pretty for Hollywood. I don't know, put her in a glass box and display her at the Metropolitan Museum of Art or something. - Jake on the topic of Scarlett Johansson.

Credits

BIG SPOILERS !!!

spoilers....spoilers....spoilers....

so now that i've had some time to think about the movie a little more...i have some questions/comments to share and ask of those who have seen it already.....

- so was the mother of the matrix ? at first thought, i believed it to be the oracle. but with the architects "scoff" at that remark, it made me think that it might have been Trinity and she was really some sort of double agent. then, i thought that it might have been persephone as she was the lead lady to the merivigion, it made sense since she helped neo,trin and morph get the keymaker from part two.
    - so i'm guessing that the twins from pt 2 died in that car explosion towards the end of pt2. but maybe something that said that would have been nice. i was hoping that we would have had a chance to see them get their butts kicked one last time by trin,morph and seraph in the Hell Club.
    - anyone else think Ziobi gave it up to morpheus at the end of pt 3 ???
    - who and what was that Indian child and what was her purpose in the film ?? it was nice to show that the "programs" know of their existence and can try to show love, but i think they really needed to expand on why she was in the matrix with the oracle and why she kept "popping" from time to time and weird moments.
    - i am also guessing that the reason neo dies was because he finally made it to the source which is what saved zion from being destroyed and that the architect was correct in the statement that no matter what he decides, trinity was going to die. he just wasn't specific as to when....
    - and why could neo still "see" after bane-smith burned his eyes ? was there something that explained the reasons behind he powers outside of the matrix ?? i could have missed something....

as i think of more, i'll post back to this thread....

Credits
    i just came back from watching Revolutions... and i must say... OMG!!! what a peace of S*** i dident belive it was posibel... but its even worse then Reloadet but its upside down... in this the story sucked big time and was BS on so meany difrent levels that it would take mounths to explain.... but the CGI was good.... but that dident realy help.... i dont know what more to say

Well i have to work now.... if any whant more comments on the matter i will be happy to

Fed7haS

Credits
    Seen it and loved it. It's a big improvement on Reloaded, with the classic style of the original only no lagging mid section. Honestly I would place it among the likes of Blade Runner as one of the best sci fi blockbusters ever made.

Smith would have learned all of his new abilities when he absorbed the oracle and gained all of her knowledge.
    Last edited by carl; 11-05-2003 at 02:26 PM.

Credits
    OMG!! hehe you did not just compare this peace of crap to Blade Runner ?

Fed7haS

Credits
    I don't get it. How could a person compare a movie to Blade Runner and the other one nearly saying it's worse than the worst!?

Does this mean we human beings are flawed?
    It is not enough 'I succeed'. Everyone else must fail.

Credits
    i loved it aswell....i agree wid carl on this one...this movie is GREAT!!!! truely a masterpeice! (il come back wid more of a review wen ive got my breath back)

Credits
    This movie was an utter and total disappointment. It didn't anwser 1 damn thing just posed more questions. The first 30 minutes was just like reloaded with all the "blah, blah, blah".

After that it got better and the CGI was definitely much cleaner then in reloaded. But as everyone has said, the ending is confusing and will leave you dumbfounded. I knew this movie wasn't going to be that much better then reloaded because they made both movies at the same time.

But I had to know how this triology was suppose to end. Unfortunately I didn't get that. The Wachowskis have really let me down.

It feels like they got so burned out from making these movies that they rushed in an ending without even caring. I too have questions for anyone who has seen the movie that can contemplate an anwser.

What the hell was up with that Indian girl? I wish they didn't have her in the movie because she is such a terrible actress and she's ugly to boot.

How did Neo defeat Smith? What the hell made them all light up like christmas trees to the point of blowing up? Did the machines use Neo as some sort of bomb?

How do they figure the war is over? It seems like they came to some sort of truce but what kind of peace is that?

In the end, the architect mentions freeing everyone. Won't that destroy the robots as they have no more power source?

Credits
    Originally posted by Wiretrip
    What the hell was up with that Indian girl? I wish they didn't have her in the movie because she is such a terrible actress and she's ugly to boot.

She got on my nerves too.

How did Neo defeat Smith? What the hell made them all light up like christmas trees to the point of blowing up? Did the machines use Neo as some sort of bomb?
    The machines javcked Neo into The Matrix, as such he was in connection to them. When Neo allowed Smith to take over him, then the machines were connected to Smith so they infected the Virus, an anti virus virus that destroyed the infection and restored the original programs.
    How do they figure the war is over? It seems like they came to some sort of truce but what kind of peace is that?

They came to a deal. The machines couldn't stop Smith, but Neo could. Neo couldn't stop the machines but they could stop themselves so Neo stopped Smith for the machines and in return they broke off their attack.

In the end, the architect mentions freeing everyone. Won't that destroy the robots as they have no more power source?

They never freed everyone, only those who wanted to be free. There would be plenty of people who would choose to stay in the dream, as opposed to trying to live in the scorched earh. Also even if everyone chose to leave, there was still the cows.

My review.
    http://www.epinions.com/content_117644299908

Credits
    Originally posted by Dr.FrankNFurter
    OMG!! hehe you did not just compare this peace of crap to Blade Runner ?

Fed7haS
    Yes, it was a sylish, tense movie. In that regard it was similar to Blade Runner. How exactly was the film total crap? (and believe me, I'm the harshest rater on Movie list.)
    Originally posted by aS!Dz
    i loved it aswell....i agree wid carl on this one...this movie is GREAT!!!! truely a masterpeice! (il come back wid more of a review wen ive got my breath back)
    Hey, I never said it was a masterpiece. Masterpiece means perfect, and as such wooden acting prevents it being a masterpiece. I said it was up there with the classic sci fi blockbusters.

Credits

Matrix Revolutions = Disappointment, wasted potential, and unanswered questions!

Well, I saw Matrix Revolutions today at the 1:00pm showing, by myself. I will be going again Friday night with friends...and probably this weekend with my gf. Here's what I have to say, right off the bat.

The first Matrix was beyond words. It was just freakin awesome, and unlike anything I had ever seen before. It quite literally MOVED ME! To this day, I can still watch it over and over. Great movie with lots of character, heart, and emotion!

The 2nd Matrix (RELOADED) was just so so...I think if it wasn't for the hype and highten expectations. It would actually have been much better. But it was almost impossible to live up the original. Although the movie still had breath taking FX and was a roller coaster ride full of action and excitement...and that brain splitting speech with the architect. It just was kinda lacking in the heart and emotion department...but still worth the money.

The 3rd Matrix (Revolutions)....everything that has a beginning has an end.

I just wish this wasn't the end...no really, I wish they would have ended this trilogy different. This movie was such a disappointment to me. It seemed like a rehash of the first and 2nd movie, in some ways...for a moment there, I thought they were going to do that ultra long rave dance.

The movie just lacked the proper breath taking roller coaster ride effect, that I experienced from the first two. Granted, there are some extremely awesome fighting scenes towards the middle. And the climatic fight between NEO and SMITH is everything I wanted Superman 2 to be. ;-)

But in short...the movie left many unanswered questions. And it just seems as if they ended things wrong. And that they wasted soooo much potential.

I will wait till more people see this movie, before commenting on certain things. But I just felt...so disappointed.

Although, I think anyone who's stuck by and seen the first two...should definitely go see this one, just to finish up the trilogy.

Damn...first the big let down from the Punisher trailer...and now this. Talk about a sucky week.

Credits
    All while watching it i was wondering when it was going to pick up. The fights where ok at best. The logic was found lacking, in oh to many places. The death of trinity was sooooo damn much to long, ppl actually started boooo:ing and laughing at it, (and these are the fans who made sure to get tickets to the first showing.)
    There was way to many Q:s unanswered. And dont get me wrong, in a good Sci-fi there usually is (and should be), too many answers get in the way, but this left all the wrong kind of Q:s.
    And it had a huge "hollywood feeling" over it. The first 2 also had, but in this one it felt overwhelming.

I went into this movie with pretty low expectations, but it still failed me. Right now I cant really say anything reedeming about it.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast