Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Credits
    Originally posted by WorkShed
    I read that some were annoyed with the girl in the train station and were confused with her role in the end, as well as in the whole movie. Some people believed that the married programs were bringing the girl back to the Matrix so that she could have a purpose. This purpose becomes the fact that she can control the weather or make the sun rise in the morning. However, once she has the "abilities" it is after the Matrix is reloaded. Also note, the green tones are removed for the first time in the Matrix. My thoughts on the girl stem from Morpheus's sayings in the first Matrix movie. He stated that the One prophecy started when there was a man born inside the matrix who had the ability to change the matrix as he saw fit. The girl was born inside the matrix in that she was created by two programs who reside in the matrix. She was a product of love. When she asks the Oracle if they would ever see Neo again, the Oracle states that she believes they will see Neo some time. I think that since Neo was reinserted to the source (possibly to be deleted?) during his fight with Smith his code was inserted into the girl (this could be true since a black cat walks past the girl, indicating a change to the program).

Therefore the girl became the One, but there is no longer a need for a One, as of yet. Of course this leads to more questions about Neo: Was Neo always a machine and his code was just inserted into a human, like an Agent's programs, hence Smith's ability to control Bane in Reloaded and Revolutions? I think that this could be true.
    Now that is interesting! Great stuff.
    paulbazinet@yahoo.com
    My Music Forum: <a href="http://forums.delphiforums.com/wretchedsongs/start" target="_blank">http://forums.delphiforums.com/wretchedsongs/start</a>
    "I can Dere-lick my own balls thank you!" - Derek Zoolander

Credits
    Originally posted by aS!Dz
    in enter the matrix..i only played niobe's role..i didnt kno that ghost had feelings for trinity....das pretty deep ryt there....and workshed...i agree wid yah totaly man....uve written alot beautifully...i must say i enjoyed readin that stuff.....and one thing i definetly kno is that il b buying the trilogy..and cant wait for the day i can show it to my children and grandchildren
    That is really cool that you feel that way. I have had thoughts about showing films to my children. One big one was the Star Wars trilogy. I think that if the origianl theatrical versions are available on DVD, I will show my kids the originals, then the prequels, then the special editions of the originals.

I don't know how old they will have to be before I show them The Matrix Trilogy. I don't want them to be too young, but I also don't want them to just see it with their friends. That's a problem that I think a lot of the older generation has with films: they see them as only entertainment. I think that films have the ability to be so much more. They are ways of experiencing the world that we will not be givin the opportunity to, in our lifetimes.

I'm glad that you have enjoyed my writings. I have actually been kicking around the idea of writing a book over the past few months. I don't know exactly what it will be about but it will be on the topic of films and influential filmmaking in American and international filmmaking. I have also thought about writing a dormroom handbook to kick-*** flicks. I only recently thought about writing about the Matrix Trilogy. Who knows? Maybe I could be published. I'm not about getting published, though. I would do it first to show my love for these movies and how they have effected me during a crisis that I have had with my own faith in my religion.

Also, to I Got Trailers: I like your new avatar! It's good to see you laughing at the allegations to you and your posts.
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    Originally posted by WorkShed
    Also, to I Got Trailers: I like your new avatar! It's good to see you laughing at the allegations to you and your posts.
    Well, it is a good form of getting rid of stress.

Credits
    i just wanted to kno ur peoples opinions or sumat...the prob im finding is that....i watched reloaded many many many times in cinemas.........yet i love revolutions more....but still cant get myself to be asked to watch it agen in cinemas wid other mates even tho i loved the movie to bits and think its in the top ten of my lists....i just cant figure out why that is....ne1 else have the same problem??

Credits
    I think you think it's a guilty pleasure.

Credits
    naah man...plus wasnt lookin for a answer from u seeing as u aint seen it :biggrin: ne1 else??

Credits
    Originally posted by Blankboy
    Damn! I'm quite shocked at the responses here. Those of you complaining about the film didn't even pay attention in the first place...[/url]
    I agree with everything you just said. Honestly some of the things people are confused about were made as obvious as why the Titanic never pulled into port. Things I never hear complaints about are the things that are not spelled out, such as why Neo was able to see after being blinded. It's because when the machines genetically engineered the humans, they intentionally made Neo different, more like a machine with a code implanted in his brain, as was covered by the Architect. This gave him a sort of remote connection with the machines, which is why he could detonate the self destruct on the sentinels, Jack into The Matrix without plugging in and see the energy behind the machines. He could see the Smith program behind Bane, but not Trinity.

Another one people accept as "Just one of those things" is the use of phones for exiting The Matrix, but I have always seen this as a great addition that enhances the believability of people dieing in The Matrix, even though there bodies are elsewhere. If you imagine that keying into the Matrix, is to literally send your brains electrical signals into the computer, then death would leave you as a vegetable, and establishing a phone line connection back to your brain would be needed for getting out.

Also the body being damaged, I've always put down to Stigmata.

There you go, for anyone who may have been confused by these points, there's my POV. Like I said before, I'm not denying that these films are intelligently written.

Credits
    There's 1 thing about this bomb I can't understand. It has 36% on rottentomatoes. Why this rating is so high??? This movie is complete failure. In a few past months I saw in the net dozens of much more interesting and smarter endings that what we have now. What the hell happened to directors? They forget everything: coolness, philosophy, smartness of 1st episode. All they left is boring plot, stupid dialogues, unoriginal battles. Probably these 36% only for SFX which, BTW, are not so awesome.

Credits
    Well because apparently some people actually truly enjoyed the film! I wouldn't know any of those people personally, though.

Credits
    Originally posted by Equinox
    They forget everything: coolness, philosophy, smartness of 1st episode. All they left is boring plot, stupid dialogues, unoriginal battles. Probably these 36% only for SFX which, BTW, are not so awesome.
    I found plenty of scenes to be as cool as the original, though I've always had issues with calling a drug induced S&M fantasy cool.

There was never any real philosophy there anyway so Good riddance, and there was plenty of good comic book style dialogue. Obviously those 36% enjoyed the film, and the other 76% didn't want to appear different, and expected another travesty like Reloaded.

Credits
    The problem with this movie, is that every fanboy fanatic that wet himself when he saw the first one, was trying to come up with scenarios about what would happen next.

Because everyone had a theory, it ballooned into the matrix within a matrix within a matrix... and neo's not really really the one. This guy is.

Then... we see the movie, and all those theories are wrong. There's no outrageous plot twist that throws everything on it's head. There never was supposed to be.

So, the simple (yet still cool) ending disappoints everyone.

It's the same problem (although not the only one) that the new Star Wars movies have. There's too much discussion.

Watch the movie... then discuss.
    Don't try to get the 'latest scoop'.

I for one, enjoyed it.
    People like me are that 36%

Credits
    count me in on that 36% aswell.... and i totaly agree wid u on that one JP...ive been telling every1 in my college exactly the same thing.... i think i made it better for myself by trying not to think too hard bout the outcomes b4 hand....i had a large debate about this in my Media class today wid my media teacha...and i finished the debate pretty much in similar words as what JP sed... da movie is not rocket science...just take it for what it is..and nothing more....

Credits
    I can't put it out better, JPB.

Same thing can be said about Kill Bill? (Expectations built up too much and when it turns out not what it's expected it's bashed for being 'sh*thouse'?)

Revolutions didn't disappoint me. I did enjoy it to some extent (as stated in the beginning of this thread).

Reloaded was kind of disappointing, but I've put it behind (until seeing it again on DVD at least). Also if it didn't I probably won't enjoy Revolutions as much.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    JP, you are not right. Revolutions was bad for the Matrix sequel, but it's also bad for it's own merits. Let's imagine that it's not Matrix sequel, and we don't have high expectations for it. But it change nothing. Still we have boring uninteresting movie with bad plot. Even Charlie's Angels sequel was much more joy to watch.

Credits
    yes

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast