Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Credits
    There are other views in this thread:
    http://www.movie-list.com/forum/show...&threadid=7596
    Sorry to sund picky but search first.

Credits
    Good point. Leave this threat alone.

Credits
    What threat? It's not a crime. I've done it before. Oh what, you mean thread. Just wait for ZUBi to merge this thread before writing in the other.

Credits
    See, to me, One Hour Photo, Adaptation (wayyy overrated in my opinion), and About Schmidt are good movies, made me a little emotional, but that's about it. The reason I say this about the Matrix movies is because they're such a great mix of so many different things, and throughout the movies you're feeling so many different feelings. So, to ME, not to the film academy (trailergod) it's cinema at its best. I can barely speak for 90 years of cinematic history, I'm 19 LOL. You guys take everything way too seriously.
    And now we're calling certain things movies and others films? Well... they were all shot on film, I watched them all on film... so they were films. Hell, then Star Wars: Episode II wasn't a film since it was shot on digital. Heh heh. Oh well, it's a piece of crap anyway.

Credits
    Sorry, I just spelled it wrong.

Credits
    Originally posted by Mark Strube

And now we're calling certain things movies and others films? Well... they were all shot on film, I watched them all on film... so they were films. Hell, then Star Wars: Episode II wasn't a film since it was shot on digital. Heh heh. Oh well, it's a piece of crap anyway.
    That's been the rule for a while, but not all films are good, 2001, Ben Hur ect... (though a fair few disagree), and not all movies are bad, Matrix 1+3, Indiana Jones, Star Wars ect... It's just a case of whether they are designed to entertain, or to challenge the mind. Matrix is a case of challenging the Thesaurus, not the mind. The Equivelent of a chef making you sit down for 3 hours while he cooks you a bag of chips, there are much easier ways to do the same thing.

Credits
    jsut came back from revolutions and i liked it. sure there where some parts i don't understand like where are the twins or what happen to the french men, great charactor a funny thing was also the ending where not one human was seen only programs, 4 to be precise. the movie was storywise much better then reloaded. as for the upcoming dvd i'll get it for sure but me waits for the boxset with all 3 movies

Credits
    i absolutely LOVED it!!!

i didn't want it to end when it did. i had to think about what actually happened. but then i got it. SO SAD!!! especially about trinity... i cried!!!!

i'm definitely gonna get this on DVD! :big grin:
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    It's OK, I like it. I have to say that I'm not big fan of the Matrix universe, so for me it's just another good movie that was fun to watch. It deffinetely has excellent special efects, the end was (again) OK - didn't dissapoint me, though (as many of you say) leaves some questions unanswered. There is lot of material for more Matrix movies in the future. The death of Trinity was a surprise for me, I didn't think they will choose to kill her - but it was a good desicion (not that I don't like her)...it just added more drama to the movie(s).

About the destruction of the Smiths: didn't we see the Oracle on the ground in the rain after the Smiths were destroyed? If that's so, I guess the Oracle was in Smith (when he copied himself into her) and the she got into Neo (when Smith copied himself into Neo)...then, using Neo's connection to the machines, she was 'updated' by the them to be able to erase the virus ---> Smith, meaning she was an antivirus program.
    On the other hand, if this is true, why could't she be 'updated' in the Matrix so she can destroy Smith? Hmmm...

Well, as I said I'm not big fan, so ...

The important thing is that LOTR: The Return of the King' is NEXT, and then Star Wars III, then Indy IV... those are the ones I'm waiting for! :big grin:
    Last edited by lafce; 11-06-2003 at 09:08 PM.

Credits
    I realize I'm getting into this a little late... but I saw it, and enjoyed it for what it was... a slam-bang action epic that made me think. Bender, the spoiler you raised is the only real question I had at the end of it... I wondered what happened to everyone too. Anyway, excellent movie, and worth seeing on the big screen.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    Originally posted by lafce
    About the destruction of the Smiths: didn't we see the Oracle on the ground in the rain after the Smiths were destroyed? If that's so, I guess the Oracle was in Smith (when he copied himself into her) and the she got into Neo (when Smith copied himself into Neo)...then, using Neo's connection to the machines, she was 'updated' by the them to be able to erase the virus ---> Smith, meaning she was an antivirus program.
    On the other hand, if this is true, why could't she be 'updated' in the Matrix so she can destroy Smith? Hmmm...

Yah, I saw the Oracle on the ground. I actually thought that she wuz the powerful Smith. I don't think the Oracle had anything to do with the wipeout. It wuz all Neo. He's the one! He's the one that saved Zion, the one that Morpheus believed in. To come think of it, it wuz the best ending. It couldn't have ended better. Neo died to save Zion. That is what The Matrix moves are all about.... Neo. The first movie is to find the one and hope Neo is the one. The second movie is to see what Neo could actually do and also to see what is going to happen with the machines. And the last one is the war, WHICH neo ended. Am I right? It wuz Neo.. not the Oracle. Again, I cried when Trinity died. It wuz a shock to me too...

What I don't get... is the Oracle is NOT the oracle. What happened to the original one. Every time I see that fake oracle, I kept thinking, WHAT IS GOING ON?

Just so you know, when I see this on DVD where they would have "subtitles", I would probably have a different opinion... which has happened to me so many times.

Credits
    The original Oricale died in the middle of filming, she got her scenes done from Reloaded, but died before making any for Revolutions.

Credits
    Originally posted by radstar
    Yah, I saw the Oracle on the ground. I actually thought that she wuz the powerful Smith. I don't think the Oracle had anything to do with the wipeout. It wuz all Neo. He's the one! He's the one that saved Zion, the one that Morpheus believed in. To come think of it, it wuz the best ending. It couldn't have ended better. Neo died to save Zion. That is what The Matrix moves are all about.... Neo. The first movie is to find the one and hope Neo is the one. The second movie is to see what Neo could actually do and also to see what is going to happen with the machines. And the last one is the war, WHICH neo ended. Am I right? It wuz Neo.. not the Oracle. Again, I cried when Trinity died. It wuz a shock to me too...

What I don't get... is the Oracle is NOT the oracle. What happened to the original one. Every time I see that fake oracle, I kept thinking, WHAT IS GOING ON?

Just so you know, when I see this on DVD where they would have "subtitles", I would probably have a different opinion... which has happened to me so many times.
    It was the machines who destroyed Smith, using a connection that they could only get by using Neo as a router.

Neo is alive!!!

As for the oracle, she was killed for helping Neo, and then came back in a different body. She explains it well enough in the film when Morpheus asks who she is.

Credits
    Originally posted by carl
    It was the machines who destroyed Smith, using a connection that they could only get by using Neo as a router.

Neo is alive!!!

As for the oracle, she was killed for helping Neo, and then came back in a different body. She explains it well enough in the film when Morpheus asks who she is.

I'm afraid I must disagree with you, Carl. I DON'T think that Oracle stuff was adaquately explained. Plus, I think it was totaly uneccessary. Also, the ending was WAY too confusing. I took it as the Architect was always in a power struggle with the Oracle and NOT with Neo. I saw Neo as a puppet for the Oracle's agedna. But, of course, NONE of this is properly explained. I DO agree with Carl that Neo is alive. After all, this is a character based on Jesus. Neo's physical body has died so EVERYONE else may live. Neo=Jesus, Oracle=God the Father, The Architect/Agent Smith=Satan/Evil of Man, Machines=Human Sin. Do the Math. God the Father(Oracle) sent his only son(Neo) to Earth(on a physical level and the Matrix on the SOUL level) as BOTH man and God to save everyone from their sins (the Machines) as managed by Satan (the Architect). I know it sounds like a stretch, but if you stop and think about it, it fits.

Credits
    Originally posted by Vader75
    I'm afraid I must disagree with you, Carl. I DON'T think that Oracle stuff was adaquately explained. Plus, I think it was totaly uneccessary. Also, the ending was WAY too confusing. I took it as the Architect was always in a power struggle with the Oracle and NOT with Neo. I saw Neo as a puppet for the Oracle's agedna. But, of course, NONE of this is properly explained. I DO agree with Carl that Neo is alive. After all, this is a character based on Jesus. Neo's physical body has died so EVERYONE else may live. Neo=Jesus, Oracle=God the Father, The Architect/Agent Smith=Satan/Evil of Man, Machines=Human Sin. Do the Math. God the Father(Oracle) sent his only son(Neo) to Earth(on a physical level and the Matrix on the SOUL level) as BOTH man and God to save everyone from their sins (the Machines) as managed by Satan (the Architect). I know it sounds like a stretch, but if you stop and think about it, it fits.
    I was refering to how the Oracle changed. She said that she was killed fpr helping Neo, and that now she has a new shell. That was explained well enough to know why she's changed, the rest is a case of filling in he gaps yourself, which The Matrix has alweays demaded.

As for your theory, it fits into the Wachowski's obsession of including a religious image and calling it depth, even though it never says anything.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast