Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: PSP From Sony

Credits

PSP From Sony

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/68/33790.html
    Sony has already said that the PSP will be powered by a 90nm processor built from a MIPS 32-bit R4000 core. The chip will feature a SIMD vector processing engine along the lines of Intel's SSE 2 and PowerPC's AltiVec. It will feature 8MB of embedded memory clocked to 333MHz and operating at 1.2V. The memory bandwidth is quoted as 2.6GBps.

A second MIPS R4000 core will be used as the basis for the PSP's media engine, with 2MB of embedded DRAM, and again fabbed at 90nm.

Alongside these two chips will sit two dedicated graphics processors, one for high-level graphics manipulation, the other for the raw pixel shunting. This second core contains 2MB of embedded video memory operating across a 256-bit 5.3GBps bus. It can deliver a fill rate of 664 million pixels per second in 24-bit colour and churn out 33 million polygons per second with transform and lighting effects.

The PSP will feature Dolby 7.1 multi-channel audio, with 3D sound. It will support MP3, AAC and Sony's own ATRAC3 sound formats. It uses AVC (H.264) and MPEG4 for video. The machine's UMD media can hold up to two hours' of DVD-quality video or four hours 'standard' quality, whatever that is. Either way, movies are displayed on the unit's 4.5in 16:9 widescreen ratio 480 x 272-pixel LCD, seen here.

One of the key features of the PSP is 802.11b wireless networking for multi-player gaming. However, speaking at a news conference yesterday, Kutaragi said Sony will at some point add phone facilities, bringing the device even more into line with Nokia's console-cum-phone N-Gage.

nice
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Dolby 7.1? Not even DVDs use that! Sony's answer to NGage. As if we need a phone with PSone quality games.

Credits
    This is f*** Awsome...and it looks so cool...
    Wonder what the price is..and when it will be officially hit the stores

Credits
    also thinks it looks cool

Would be cool to se what games will come for this format...

Fed7haS
    She's just too pretty for Hollywood. I don't know, put her in a glass box and display her at the Metropolitan Museum of Art or something. - Jake on the topic of Scarlett Johansson.

Credits
    wow, that thing looks really stylish, much better than the gameboy advance i own
    if the price is right and the games are not too expensive i might buy it, but i wonder how long batteries will last with those discs that are used for storing the games
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    Originally posted by streetpreacher
    wow, that thing looks really stylish, much better than the gameboy advance i own
    if the price is right and the games are not too expensive i might buy it, but i wonder how long batteries will last with those discs that are used for storing the games
    i think they should at least hold on up to 12 hours...

Credits
    nice

Credits
    i just read on onlinekosten.de, that sony said, that the psp-hardware will only cost 60$ :big grin:

Credits
    Originally posted by streetpreacher
    i just read on onlinekosten.de, that sony said, that the psp-hardware will only cost 60$ :big grin:

that sounds impossible.....what will the games cost....around 100 $

Credits
    now people...deep within our hart of harts...do we really need another playstation?

Credits
    Originally posted by sukhdeep1986
    now people...deep within our hart of harts...do we really need another playstation?
    Yes!!

Do we really need another post on this topic
    Yes!!!!!!!

Credits
    lollol suppose u cant say fairer than that.