Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Samsung introduces world’s largest LCD panel

http://www.cooltechzone.com/index.ph...k=view&id=1060
    Korean firm Samsung Electronics recently announced the world’s largest LCD panel to date that measures at 82-inches. This makes Samsung the first company to bring such a LCD panel to the market before other major electronics manufacturers.

The new 82" panel will be manufactured in Samsung’s 7th generation fabrication facility, which the company will mainly use to produce LCD monitors. The 82" model is announced under a collaborative deal between Sony and Samsung. Last year, both firms announced a joint venture in which they will bring products to consumers under a new corporation entity, S-LCD Corp.

The soon-to-become available panel contains 8ms response time, 180-degree visual access system, Samsung’s exclusive patterned-ITO vertical alignment technology, contrast ratio of at least 1200:1 and brightness of 600 cd/m2.

Samsung said producing larger LCD monitors isn’t too difficult. It seems like Samsung’s next project is to work on a 97" LCD panel, as Samsung’s CEO said, "It’s only a matter of time before 97" LCD panels enter the market." Although Samsung seems to be in the lead, it still fears strong competition from LG Electronics and Philips Electronics.

Samsung currently have plans to invest as much as $2 billion in its 7th generation of fabrication facility, which will mainly be used to produce LCD products.

The company has plans to show off the monitor at CeBIT 2005 showcase in Hannover, Germany from March 10th to March 16th.

ohh damn I want this :-)
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    trailergod, no offense........but, I think you may have a problem.

Oh well, if I could afford it I'm sure I would be the same way.

In the digital world, SIZE MATTERS!!!

Credits
    this thread is useless without a price and pictures
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]