Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

My fellow Americans: What was ur SAT score?

don't post if you don't want to but I just wanna see if people are geniuses here. I took the test once and got a 1200, I could do better if I studied but I was preaccepted to a pre-med program already so there was no point

Credits
    I took it my junior year in high school and got a 1040. I probably would have gotten higher my senior year, but I decided the score was high enough and so I didn't retake the test.

When I was in 8th grade, I was involved in a program that allowed me to take the test then. It was kind of a gifted student program. At that point, I ended up with a 758.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    How can you be accepted to a pre-med program regardless of what you get in the SAT? I thought that was the most important factor?

It's been about 4 years since I took the SAT. Maybe things are different now.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    Every program is different, the school usually evaluated a student based on his grades, test scores, and extracurricular activities

Preaccepted in most schools means you're good enough but if you're grades (or scores) drop they'll kick you out. 1200 was good enough.

Pre Med is completely separate from Medical School (which requires the MCAT). Pre med is just a program with a college major (usually Biology, in my case Molecular Biochemistry) and a lot of stuff that prepares you for Med school

Credits
    I get my SAT scores in a couple hours... at midnight, I believe... I don't think I could've done worse than about 1350...
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    OOOh, someone's really cocky can't just get low scores like the rest of us stupid folk

just kidding, very nice if that is indeed your score, that makes you a high school senior I assume?

Just out sheer curiousity, what colleges are you applying to?

Credits
    how does this work?
    do you have to write tests in all kinds of subjects and later all the points you made are added together?
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    it's a standarized test, 50% Verbal 50% math

includes a lot of very useless and difficult content. The max score is 1600 (which is virtually non-attainable) the national average is somewhere near a thousand.

This test is very crucial and is solely aimed at provideding colleges with a student's intelligence. (not really accurate though)

Credits
    in sweden we have a similar test.

max is 2.0 the national average is something like 0.9

I got 1.7, which puts me in the top 7-8% if i dont remember incorrectly.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    WHOA! Deja Vu (well, not really)

Gaumont, I just saw your sig change while I was reading your post. That's really weird.

Credits
    well it does that every now and then =)