Thanks Thanks:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits
    How to put this... I see all your points, but i cannot agree with your opinions.
    All of the things that seemed to bother you about the film I loved and had no problem accepting. However, the fact that you weren't going to see it based on things you've heard about it being very violent, makes me question your critic's eye.
    Now I don't claim to be more cultured than anyone in the world of movies... as I've said to people before, my general movie knowledge starts around 1994 with some exceptions of course (just look at my DVD collection and you'll know what I mean). Nor do I have the background of seeing all the grindhouse cinema that this movie is based on... so I'm not looking to out-snob anyone, nor for anyone to out-snob me.
    Lets start here... Uma Thurman isn't Bruce Lee... even though she's dressed like him in part of it. Uma Thurman is the Bride, a new character, with an old movie task... get revenge on the SOB's that tried to kill her. I don't see how she's not convincing as a coldblooded assassin who's now extremely pissed off? Maybe you're just too used to seeing her in all her non-violent roles, and you already had the character set in your mind, so you couldn't accept this.
    Back to the violence... the point of it was to be so over-the-top that is was funny... as far as I'm concerned that is worlds less offensive than realistic violence in movies. There's nothing artistic about it, it wasn't intended to be, and if that was said by a reviewer you respect, again, it makes me question your critic's eye (nothing personal, just as far as my opinion is concerned).
    This movie is Tarantino's tribute to B-movies... so I don't see how you can criticise the film where you see elements from other movies in it... that's the point, to evoke these other films.
    It seems as though in some cases you might've missed the point of this film, or maybe you just had too many preconceptions before you walked in, (or maybe you were just being a grumpy gus ), but I must respectfully disagree with almost everything you've said here.
    The soundtrack is killer, and so is this film.

Originally posted by I Got Trailers
    Well the things I've heard about Kill Bill hasn't been positive review wise.
    Have you seen the movie yet?
    Last edited by Shrubz; 11-18-2003 at 03:03 AM.