Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Collateral - my thoughts

I was lucky enough to score tickets to an early screening tonight. First off, I'm gonna have to say, I really loved the way LA at night was captured. This movie really shows the ways DV can shine, when used properly.
    We all know the basic plot, so I'll just move on. I was blown away by Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx in this film... every moment of this movie I was fully convinced I was watching real people in the real world going through their routines, and these ordeals. It doesn't get much better than this folks... I was completely sucked in and so was everybody in the audience. I felt for every character, and was extremely nervous and felt completely in the moment towards the climactic ending. I actually felt a little worn out afterwords.
    Anyway, I suck at reviews, so let me just say, this is a must-see... and once you do, let us know what you thought of it right here!!
    4/4 stars

Credits
    Mark,
    I am so excited about this movie (but I get really excited about every Tom Cruise movie). But after your review, I'm even more excited. Thanks.

Anyway, I have a question. I read this Time magazine article (see hereWarning this review HAS spoilers) and it mentioned some plot points that seem like spoilers. One of the things he mentions is a person on Cruise's hit list and then he mentions a couple things in his closing paragraph that I would have preferred not knowing (obviously I don't want to mention it here and potentially ruin it for others).

Is the reviewer as big of a jerk as I think he is, or are these things not really spoilers? I kinda feel like someone just told me the ending of a Shamalyan movie before I had the chance to see it.
    Last edited by enkydu; 08-03-2004 at 12:43 PM.
    "34 million American adults are obese. Putting together that excess blubber would fill the Grand Canyon two-fifths of the way up. That may not sound impressive, but keep in mind it is a very big canyon."

Credits
    Yeah, that's quite a spoiler. I was quite shocked when that happened in the movie, it's considered a plot twist. reviewer = jerk.

EVERYBODY, do not read that article if you don't want a big plot twist wruined.

I'm glad you liked my review! I don't consider myself a very good reviewer, I just type the gut reaction of how I feel after a movie.

Credits
    Thanks, Mark.

I updated my posting to make sure no one stumbles across it article.

That reviewer is such a jerk

Credits
    Yeah, but don't worry, it'll still be an awesome experience! I'm already planning on going to it again in a week or two.

Credits

Collateral

I saw a screening recently, courtesy of a friend who managed to get us free passes to see them at universal, and i was surprised at how good it was. this is my first michael mann film .. and the thing i noticed was the impressive use of music throughout the film. i'm actually thinking of buying the soundtrack right now, but can't decide. input? i'll include a list of artists/songs for reference in case anyone needs it.

Thanks! I'm off to rent Heat now ... I've been looking forward to seeing another movie by him.

Credits
    I agree Mr. Strube,
    Very realistic too, thrilling and I loved every character.
    And Yes that reviewer is a jerk.
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

Credits
    Heat is one of my favourites and is a good buy on DVD, I think youd find it for around 17 bucks but Id hold on for awhile, Ive heard about a SE coming out.
    Collateral is now a new fav of mine. Michael Mann is a great great director.

"What, I Should Only Kill People After I Get To Know Them?"