Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    I didn't like the movie either. It felt so jumbled up with too many different things. And the movie is slooooooooooooooooowwww. The only good thing I can say about the movie is, at least he didn't dub the Japanese lines.

Credits

2 cents worth

Hey, I gotta comment..

I loved this movie. So far seen it twice and will be buying it when it finally comes out. I'm not going to argue with any previous comment as this is opinion, and most of it will change over someones dead body. :angel"

The best description of this film so far was by some reviewer who commented that this was like watching a world class pianist play "Flight of the Bumblebee" like no other.

The scene that for me takes this movie is the Japanese flower garden in snow. When the music kicks up, that scene sings. Amazing. Held my breath in the beginning I did..

If you hate violence in all forms, why see the movie? But if you can take the violence with the movie, see it for what it is, a story of sweet revenge.

Kill Bill Vol 2, here I come.
    Last edited by animal18; 11-18-2003 at 08:32 PM.
    I'm not in denial, I'm just highly selective about the reality I choose to accept.

Credits

Re: 2 cents worth

Originally posted by animal18
    If you hate violence in all forms, why see the movie? But if you can take the violence with the movie, see it for what it is, a story of sweet revenge.

Kill Bill Vol 2, here I come.
    Very good reason. I was led to believe that the violence was there for a reason beyond "Look how cool cutting someone's head off is". Besides which, I don't hate movie violence in all it's forms. I love a film that shows violence for the horrible shocking thing that it is, not for how big a fetish Quentin Tarantino has for it.

Anyway, why does everyone focus on the violence, as if that was my only reason for disliking it. The film could have had no blood or anything, and I still wouldn't have rated it higher. I occasionally mention violence and stuff, when i think it;s bad enough to merit a mention, but the overall score is based on the enjoyment of the film as a whole, not my feelings on the content. Kill bill was slow, pretentious and dumb. Those are my main reasons for hating it, the violence was my reason for hating Tarantino himself, who is always glamourizing something unpleasant.

Credits
    Just thought of this week last week (whilst enjoying my 1/4 Chicken Dinner Pack):

Considering The Bride stole the Pussywagon from Buck, why would she still drive the same car when after leaving the hospital she went to Okinawa and then Japan before returning to the U.S. to kill Copperhead?

Someone intelligent tells me.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12