Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

7 36.84%
  • Bad

12 63.16%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Credits

The bigger your Post Count the bigger your penis is?

Originally posted by Dr.FrankNFurter
    well wouldent the removal of post count remove the spamming thing? like whats the point of a post count anyways... ? is it like..

The bigger your Post Count the bigger your penis is?

Never mind.... i will in the future only awnser threads not make em

Fed7haS
    I couldn't resist I had to start a thread on this.

So in this one we explain the point of having a post count.
    Radstar - our current GOD, please explain your rule of ML in the absence of Chris

Let's explain what spamming is to end this argument
    Last edited by Jake; 11-16-2003 at 09:42 PM.

Credits
    Nah never mind... i know what a spammer is... and i know im not one... i just try my best to be a active forum member... and if i se a topic and i have a idear or opinion i make a post... they may not all be littel gold nuggets of visdom or inteligense... but they are my 2 cents on the matter none the less....

I had been reading this forum for about 1 year befor i signed on to post on the forum.... and i already felt i know some of you.... but i have found that i dont fit in....

I dont se why but i feal that im not welcome at thise forums and dont se any more reason to keep posting here.... ill still drop in to read all of the posts that i think interesting and movie-list will still be my nr. 1 trailer and movie news site.... ill just be invisabel so i dont get in peoples way...

Thanks for some good debats in the around 100 posts i have had.... wish you all the best...

Godbye

Fed7haS
    She's just too pretty for Hollywood. I don't know, put her in a glass box and display her at the Metropolitan Museum of Art or something. - Jake on the topic of Scarlett Johansson.

Credits
    A spammer is one that posts useless comments and lacks originality, someone who tries to get attention and be accepted in the forum averaging 10 posts per day, and about 4 useless posts in each thread, and someone whose post count goes up to 1100 in a matter of a few months... i think many people here know who I'm talking about... sneeze... Excuse me...
    Last edited by chizzace; 11-17-2003 at 01:00 AM.
    "In case I don't see you--good afternoon, good evening and good night." -The Truman Show

Credits
    My definition of a spammer is someone whose post count is their number 1 priority. After they post, they think "Just 10 more posts then I'll log off." Also they think, "Alright! I'm more than a 1000. I'm way ahead of lots of people here! Let them just try and beat me. I bet in two weeks, I can beat radstar and trailergod."

A spammer is someone who only cares about their post counts. They could ignore editing and go for another post right AFTER their post from 10 seconds ago... i've seen it happen.

Someone who posts useless information is a person who wants attention OR who wants to feel part of the club. To humor people. To entertain people. To be known. And that's not a bad thing. It could lead to more interesting information... it could not.

Someone who posts ONLY smilies. It's okay. If you want to express to what another person had said. You can post a smilie to let that person know you're interested, happy, sad, mad, or evil. If someone posts a smilie face twice in the same forum, go see spammer.

Mr. Frank- we, or at least I, don't consider you a spammer. The reason I believe you got over 100 posts in one month is because of the matrix thread. Now that is over, you haven't been posting so much. Well, in my opinion. I ain't so interested in this forum no more anyways.

I Got Trailers- you NEED to frickin calm down. I didn't think you were so bad but now... you're starting to get on my nerves. There is a big part of me that believes you are discostu. I can't help but feel that. You are posting wayyy too much. Just in the other thread, I believe you posted over 30 times in the same thread and I hardly saw other people's posts. And what you were talking about wuz wayyy too unimportant. You stated your point a frickin million times. I think you need a vacation. If JP could, he could add 5000 posts to your post count and we can all be happy.

Editman- What's up?
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Originally posted by radstar
    I Got Trailers- you NEED to frickin calm down.... If JP could, he could add 5000 posts to your post count and we can all be happy.
    Wow, you just made my day!
    Last edited by chizzace; 11-17-2003 at 01:34 AM.

Credits
    Editman- What's up?
    Stefie!!!

Pretty busy at work. As I told you before I've moved to a smaller office next door (company downsizing & crap). My department head is on annual leave till next week and you can't imagine how crammed & crazy it is now.

And I was just wondering if you've got my email reply I wrote last week...

Now back to the topic: would the above paragraph considered to be spam? That depends on: 1) if there is any other members who are interest in the subject matter I wrote besides Stef 2) the importance of this thread itself (the definition of spams among members?) as compared to the digression from the topic (what's up with editman lately).

I'll let the other members to decide...

Frankly I refuse to set out any definitions on 'what is a spam' or 'what is a spammer'. What I think really has not much of a point cos it may not be shared by the Moderators, and above all JPB, who SHOULD have the final say about what is considered to be spams and who the spammers in his Forum.

My philosophy is that one should know when to speak and when to shut the hell up. If one has nothing intelligent to say, s/he probably should not say anything at all rather than keep bugging people to 'Hey! Look at Meeeeeee!!!'.

And the post counts: to me it's only an indication of either a member's contribution to the Forum, or how much s/he spams here. The post count itself means nothing. What matters is the MEMBER himself/herself.

One may become a Trailer God by spamming 5000 posts in 3 months, but s/he'd always be considered among members as a spammer, not a contributor.

Well I know I earned most of my post counts, and that's a belief shared by most other members. THAT'S what it counts.

At the end of the day, who cares if you're a Trailer God if no one gives a damn about you? Who cares if you're not if everyone thinks you're ?

I chose the -ness. Thank you very much.

Jake, the poll is not really working: where's the 'I don't give a damn' option?

PS by that stupid rationale Stefie has a bigger member than I do, and she's a girl last time I heard...
    Last edited by editman; 11-17-2003 at 07:51 PM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Sorry, radstar, frustrated with the number of people who call me spammer. Looks like most people would say I'm a picture of spamminess. That's why I may leave soon. I don't give a damn about the amount of posts I do, and didn't care about my post count. I too thought I was doing alot and I dropped my jaw on the floor with my profile...10.45! So I'll cut back until I'm completely gone. I will never bother any of you again...
    Last edited by I Got Trailers; 11-17-2003 at 02:56 AM.

Credits
    aahhhh....the drama that is movie-list.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Originally posted by I Got Trailers
    I will never bother any of you again...
    Try not, do! or do not, ther is no try! hehehe sorry could not help myself

Credits
    Originally posted by I Got Trailers
    Sorry, radstar, frustrated with the number of people who call me spammer. Looks like most people would say I'm a picture of spamminess. That's why I may leave soon. I don't give a damn about the amount of posts I do, and didn't care about my post count. I too thought I was doing alot and I dropped my jaw on the floor with my profile...10.45! So I'll cut back until I'm completely gone. I will never bother any of you again...
    dude, we're not making you leave! don't be such a baby about it! yah, we want you to cut back but not frickin leave... the only person i want to leave is discostu. but he's sad enough to remain in this forum with the people that talk sh*t about him and all... oh well...

i remember clearly you have made a big deal about your post counts and your post counts a day. you posted so much in one of the member's 1000th countdown or maybe it's a different thread and you posted one after another claiming, woo look at my post count! what can i do to be trailergod? i got more post counts than many of you and i've haven't been here so long. AW MAN! Dr. Frank got more post counts per day than me!!! my life is soooo pathetic!!

maybe you don't anymore. we all go thru a weird phase. just don't leave, okay? at least you're not denying it or anything. you clearly admitted to what ur doing. and that's a good thing. you can fix that!

okay?

editman- in my situation- could it be my boobs

Credits
    dude, we're not making you leave! don't be such a baby about it! yah, we want you to cut back but not frickin leave...
    Really? I have the feeling that everyone hates me or has me on their IL.
    the only person i want to leave is discostu. but he's sad enough to remain in this forum with the people that talk sh*t about him and all... oh well...
    I wonder how he feels about this...
    i remember clearly you have made a big deal about your post counts and your post counts a day. you posted so much in one of the member's 1000th countdown or maybe it's a different thread and you posted one after another claiming, woo look at my post count! what can i do to be trailergod? i got more post counts than many of you and i've haven't been here so long (I don't recall me saying that last one!) AW MAN! Dr. Frank got more post counts per day than me!!! my life is soooo pathetic!!
    My older posts were stupid, I admit. But I've changed. Whether for good or bad, I can't really say.
    maybe you don't anymore. we all go thru a weird phase. just don't leave, okay? at least you're not denying it or anything. you clearly admitted to what ur doing. and that's a good thing. you can fix that!
    Somebody likes Mr. Iggy... BTW, my phase is over.
    okay?
    Sorta.
    LOL! Woot! Woot! :big grin:
    Last edited by I Got Trailers; 11-17-2003 at 01:28 PM.

Credits
    Well in that case they should bounce like beach balls, or Pammy Anderson before her silicons taken off.

And I'd have to be Dirk Diggler. And tisoy, wooh!...

So you see, my dear, post count means jack.

IGT, let me ask you one thing:

What is your purpose of posting to the M-L Forum?

To make friends?

To have the last words of every discussion?

Or maybe it's all part of the game of attention grabbing? Without engaging with anyone on the real personal level?

How do we know you're being honest after all? No one in this Forum really knows you as a person. I don't blame you keeping you to yourself. But if you truly wanna make friends you're gonna try harder than posting a lot.

Most of the info you posted are not authentic, not original or misinformed (as stated clearly by other members). Your opinions in most of the threads are inapporpriate. Yet you keep posting pointlessly because 'you've got a lot to say', even though your sayings serves little if not no purpose for most of the discussions.

You are setting a bad example for other junior members. Still all you can think of is yourself - 'why don't others like me?' 'why is so-and-so not answering my PMs?' 'why are they picking on me?' 'why me?' Me Me Me Me Me.

You said that you're leaving. How do we know if that's not another way to make people to 'Heeeeey. Look at me'?

Mind you I have no intention of starting a flame war with you. I don't give a damn about you. I care about the big picture - This Forum.
    Last edited by editman; 11-17-2003 at 06:43 PM.

Credits
    Is everyone forgetting that I Got Trailers is not the first attention grabber in this forum? Need I remind you that a member you all like a lot, spends most of his ML time grabbing attention. Starting flame wars about Matrix, complaining that members don't talk about movies, then complaining that members talk about movies, as well as posting a "I'm sick of this, I'm leaving" thread on multiple occasions, and in return getting his own don't leave thread and a special sig. Cut the Brit some slack!!!

Credits
    Originally posted by carl
    Is everyone forgetting that I Got Trailers is not the first attention grabber in this forum?
    True. But it's this whole thing plus the whole GermanFinne/Matrix saga I want to avoid: I don't wanna waste time dealing with another reincarnation of disco-freakin-stu, literally or metaphorically.

I mean, how do we know if he's really a Brit anyway?

So in the boss'es words: he should clean up his act and cut us some slacks.
    Last edited by editman; 11-17-2003 at 06:38 PM.

Credits
    wow 6-6 a tie?

only 2 away...must....post...more

lol, you guys are really weird. Even if everyone told me to get the **** out i wouldn't leave. Sure people get pissed off but that's just a reason to stop what you're doing. Everyone spams from time to time just don't make a big thing out of it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast