Thanks Thanks:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

Speaking of John Chriton and Aeryn Sun, both Ben Browder and Claudia Black talked with scifiwire about there roles in the miniseries:

Ben Browder:

Ben Browder, who plays astronaut John Crichton in the upcoming SCI FI Channel four-hour miniseries Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars, told SCI FI Wire that it was a little strange at first to step back into the role he played for four seasons, but he got used to it quickly. "There are things which were different about doing the miniseries in terms of the way we did it and what we were doing," he said in an interview at Comic-Con International in San Diego last week. "There are differences. Some of it out of personality, some of it out of the type of story you're telling. ... It was weird up until the point where I put on the leathers and walked on the set and went, 'OK. What are we going to do today?'"

Browder credited the fans with bringing back the show, which ended with a cliffhanger at the end of season four. "It's all due to the continued fan participation in the process of getting it back on air," he said. "It wasn't as though it was one initial reaction, and it went away. They've actually sustained a campaign and sustained a community, which is based on the show. It's really interesting, the Internet community."

In the series finale, Crichton proposed to his love, Aeryn Sun (played by Claudia Black), just before the two were seemingly destroyed by an alien ship. The miniseries will resolve some of the questions left at the end of the series, Browder said, but not all of them. "It was important to everyone involved that we addressed what our core audience needed to see resolved, because we're dealing with a long-arc story," he said. "There's certain parts of the cliffhanger which are resolved quickly and other parts which will never be resolved. There's always a lot of untold story at the end of ... Farscape." Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars will air on the SCI FI Channel for two nights beginning Oct. 17 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
    Claudia Black:

Claudia Black, who plays alien warrior Aeryn Sun in the upcoming SCI FI Channel four-hour miniseries Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars, told SCI FI Wire that she came back to the role she'd played during the four seasons of the series with a new perspective. "Different things were expected of Aeryn this time," Black said in a recent interview. "She was endowed with a different bag of dilemmas. And it wasn't an Aeryn that I recognized. And from the beginning, ... different producers and directors would say, 'This is what we want Aeryn to be. This is who she is. This is what we see happening to her.' And so, once I finally sort of worked out taking all that on board and trying to work out what to do with her, she just opened up."

Peacekeeper Wars picks up the story from Farscape's series finale, in which Black's character agreed to marry astronaut John Crichton (Ben Browder) just before the two were seemingly killed by an alien ship. Black said that the show's producers, expecting a fifth season, had always intended to bring the couple back. "There was at least another year or two left of that arc of us and the world of Farscape," Black said. "For it to have stopped when it did, it brought additional attention to the show when it was canceled. So the miniseries has upped its value in doing another four hours of television based on that momentum. ... There were so many elements of the story that they needed to service for the fans to finish off this particular part of the story arc."

Now that the show's creators have a chance to tie up loose ends, Black said that they are looking ahead to a possible theatrical film. "They'd always talked about movies," she said. "Doing a miniseries was always just a compromise to finish it off. ... There was a theatrical release in mind." Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars will air on the SCI FI Channel for two nights, beginning Oct. 17 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
    Last edited by Granite; 08-06-2004 at 09:10 AM.
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits

Thumbs up Farscape: Peackeepers wars

Just finished watching this great show. I had a little marathon startin to watch sesion 3 in begining of this month and look as I finished sesion four there came a mini series, so for me there was no cliffhanging!
    And in IMHO this was a great ending of one of the best Scifi shows around. They said all they did have to say and that's that!
    Except if they'll make some paralel stuff or spinoffs or whatever which is modern in this times. I mean like ST:TOS, ST:TNG, ST:Voyager, or even Buffy and Angel and Hercules&Xena series.
    And yes. I did watch even some part of Angel! :big grin:

Anyway, Farscape is on top of my best scifi series list if not for other then becouse I just finished watching it and liked it a lot!
    Live long and prosper
    Terraner