Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Farscape is back!

It's official – cult sci-fi series Farscape is coming back! After weeks of rumours, the Jim Henson Company has announced they will make a four-hour miniseries that will tie up the loose ends left hanging when the show was prematurely axed last year by Sci Fi Channel, US mag TV Guide reports. "It's an epic conclusion to the series," reveals an insider. Filming is due to start in Sydney next month with all the original cast members back on board.

TV Guide
    Have never watched the show but I heard its good! Of course the fans will be happy to see this
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    I wish they'd do the same for the X-Files. The X-Files did get their series finale, but it just didn't feel like the end of the series... In other words, it was a crappy way to end the X-Files series... But I'm happy for all Farscape fans although I've never seen the show before.
    "In case I don't see you--good afternoon, good evening and good night." -The Truman Show

Credits
    Originally posted by chizzace
    I wish they'd do the same for the X-Files. The X-Files did get their series finale, but it just didn't feel like the end of the series...
    Agree to a certain extent. In a perfect world, the X-Files fans would have accepted the John Doggett-Monica Reyes team as a replacement and so the series could continue. I'd rather see Mulder and Scully again on the big screen (which is at this stage unlikely to happen) than a 'Season X'.

Nothing to do with Farscape - I don't watch the show.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    very good news.

I watched one ep of Farscape about 1 1/2 years ago. Found it to be total crap. Think it was ep 8 or 9 of season 1.

A few weeks later I for some reason decided to watch the first few eps of season 1 (in correct order). And I was instantly hooked. Think i saw all 88 eps during the month that followed.

Its definatly a show that grows on you. The forth season wasn't cut short. It was just a cliffhanger ep for season 5 which never came.

I was sad to hear that it had got canceled, It could proberbly had but in another 2-3 years before becoming boring.

The end of season 4 is typical cliffhanger but i kind of liked it ending that way, seemed to somehow sum up the series very good, in one odd event.

To anyone who havent seen it i can recomend it. And if its boring the first few eps, know that it becomes much better. Once "Harvey" show up its a real treat every ep =)

official site Its not updated in a while but still hold the important info
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    This is awesome. I've watched it since it came out, and was really disappointed when they dropped it. A 4-hour miniseries sounds like a great idea.

But my tv's busted, and I don't get the Sci-Fi Channel!!!
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    Perhaps a Dune quality miniseries will makes this underrated series finally shine. If there's one thing cable does right it's definately miniseries

Credits
    There are a lot of Dune fans out there who were not very happy with the Dune miniseries.

Of course, I'm not one of them. Those minis were the reason why I read all the books. So I agree, scifi does do some nice minis.

Credits
    Originally posted by wirm
    There are a lot of Dune fans out there who were not very happy with the Dune miniseries.
    I'm one of them... In my opinion, the show had a lot of potential but it didn't quite meet my expectatations... The terrible graphics and acting were so distracting... The story was so so and the dialogue was very cheesy... Thus weakening the miniseries as a whole... But of course, that's just my opinion.

Credits

"Farsacpe: Peacekeeper Wars" Trailer

Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    I forced myself to watch Farscape from all the hype and talk it received and all friends that told me to watch it. I sat down and watched the first few episodes... Ok.. so far so good. I went through season 1 and I was hooked. I raced through the whole series and boy it was fantastic. This was a few months ago (few months after this thread started) and I can say it is the best scifi series out there. It is as well the most original aliens used in a scifi environment. I can't think of any series that comes close to this. THe alias actually look like aliens and not some cheap human clone look alike.

I was screaming @ the end of the series with the mouth dropping ending (seen in the trailer above). John says he loves Syn
    "will you marry me?"
    "yes *cries*
    and... BOOM.....
    "NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!""

I'm happy the creators decided not to follow the studio and listen to the fans to finish off the series.

Credits

Speaking of John Chriton and Aeryn Sun, both Ben Browder and Claudia Black talked with scifiwire about there roles in the miniseries:

Ben Browder:

Ben Browder, who plays astronaut John Crichton in the upcoming SCI FI Channel four-hour miniseries Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars, told SCI FI Wire that it was a little strange at first to step back into the role he played for four seasons, but he got used to it quickly. "There are things which were different about doing the miniseries in terms of the way we did it and what we were doing," he said in an interview at Comic-Con International in San Diego last week. "There are differences. Some of it out of personality, some of it out of the type of story you're telling. ... It was weird up until the point where I put on the leathers and walked on the set and went, 'OK. What are we going to do today?'"

Browder credited the fans with bringing back the show, which ended with a cliffhanger at the end of season four. "It's all due to the continued fan participation in the process of getting it back on air," he said. "It wasn't as though it was one initial reaction, and it went away. They've actually sustained a campaign and sustained a community, which is based on the show. It's really interesting, the Internet community."

In the series finale, Crichton proposed to his love, Aeryn Sun (played by Claudia Black), just before the two were seemingly destroyed by an alien ship. The miniseries will resolve some of the questions left at the end of the series, Browder said, but not all of them. "It was important to everyone involved that we addressed what our core audience needed to see resolved, because we're dealing with a long-arc story," he said. "There's certain parts of the cliffhanger which are resolved quickly and other parts which will never be resolved. There's always a lot of untold story at the end of ... Farscape." Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars will air on the SCI FI Channel for two nights beginning Oct. 17 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
    Claudia Black:

Claudia Black, who plays alien warrior Aeryn Sun in the upcoming SCI FI Channel four-hour miniseries Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars, told SCI FI Wire that she came back to the role she'd played during the four seasons of the series with a new perspective. "Different things were expected of Aeryn this time," Black said in a recent interview. "She was endowed with a different bag of dilemmas. And it wasn't an Aeryn that I recognized. And from the beginning, ... different producers and directors would say, 'This is what we want Aeryn to be. This is who she is. This is what we see happening to her.' And so, once I finally sort of worked out taking all that on board and trying to work out what to do with her, she just opened up."

Peacekeeper Wars picks up the story from Farscape's series finale, in which Black's character agreed to marry astronaut John Crichton (Ben Browder) just before the two were seemingly killed by an alien ship. Black said that the show's producers, expecting a fifth season, had always intended to bring the couple back. "There was at least another year or two left of that arc of us and the world of Farscape," Black said. "For it to have stopped when it did, it brought additional attention to the show when it was canceled. So the miniseries has upped its value in doing another four hours of television based on that momentum. ... There were so many elements of the story that they needed to service for the fans to finish off this particular part of the story arc."

Now that the show's creators have a chance to tie up loose ends, Black said that they are looking ahead to a possible theatrical film. "They'd always talked about movies," she said. "Doing a miniseries was always just a compromise to finish it off. ... There was a theatrical release in mind." Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars will air on the SCI FI Channel for two nights, beginning Oct. 17 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
    Last edited by Granite; 08-06-2004 at 09:10 AM.

Credits

Thumbs up Farscape: Peackeepers wars

Just finished watching this great show. I had a little marathon startin to watch sesion 3 in begining of this month and look as I finished sesion four there came a mini series, so for me there was no cliffhanging!
    And in IMHO this was a great ending of one of the best Scifi shows around. They said all they did have to say and that's that!
    Except if they'll make some paralel stuff or spinoffs or whatever which is modern in this times. I mean like ST:TOS, ST:TNG, ST:Voyager, or even Buffy and Angel and Hercules&Xena series.
    And yes. I did watch even some part of Angel! :big grin:

Anyway, Farscape is on top of my best scifi series list if not for other then becouse I just finished watching it and liked it a lot!
    Live long and prosper
    Terraner