Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Day Twenty-One

Credits

Red face

I appreciate those of you that are giving the Alliance more credit than we deserve but we are NOT voting out Heist yet (even though it is apparent it is going today).
    The Alliance was formed just for this reason: so people with real taste could protect the trailers (like Heist) that don't deserve to be dumped in favor of saving trailers like K-PAX and Windtalkers. Some of you are sheep that just follow the crowd. At least the Alliance has communicated everyday, discussed the trailers and decided together what quality trailers to save. We didn't arbitrarily vote based on the greatest number of votes on the list.
    So, whoever it was who made the comment about "hating the Alliance crap" because Heist is being voted off, you should have been a member of the Alliance and helped us protect it. In fact, there is still time to save a few of the quality trailers left.

Today I vote for Windtalkers.

JOIN THE ALLIANCE
    [email protected]

Credits

Red face

Originally posted by Gregatory:
    Today, I heard a bunch of people at the theatre talking about a trailer. They were all ooing and ahhing over its fresh originality and revolutionary design and how it barely gave away any of the plot? Guess what trailer it was?

Yeah....it wasn't THE HEIST!!!

My vote: The Heist. Vote it out now!
    Well, from your opinion of quality they must have been talking about the new Britney Spears movie.
    Give me a break.

Credits

What is the ultimate goal of the Alliance? Since today I voted for windtalkers and you voted for windtalkers, perhaps I am an unknown member of the alliance.

Credits

Royal Tenenbaums, The

-Pete-

Credits

Windtalkers. Looks like I'll get to vote for it again tomorrow.

Credits

so, with 10 left, I highly recommend everyone so what I just did. . . . . watch them again. I've had a list going in my head for awhile, and I was sure I knew what I was going to vote off today. But, on a whim, I decided to look at all ten together to make sure I was right since I hadn't seen some of these in a long time. And, after watching, my top ten list has really shuffled around a bit. So (not that it matters at this point) I won't vote for the Heist, which is really a very strong trailer after all and highlights David Mamets brilliant writing, and cast my vote for Windtalkers.
    The second trailer was pretty good, but this first one just doesn't do anything for me. The images are nothing special and the voice over, while informative and probably stonger in context of the scene in the film, seems stale.

An actor without techies is a naked person. standing in the dark. trying to emote. A Techie without actors is a person with marketable skills.

Credits

My votes goes to...

Windtalkers

I'm a proud member of the alliance. It makes good sense to join, especially at this point in the game, as things are starting to get competitive. The Heist is a far FAR better trailer than at least half of what remains. It's got great snippets of dialogue (it's Mamet, so no surprise there), it's well-cut (especially the part where DeVito goes, "1...2....3!"), and features such a strong cast that nearly every image is just plain COOL.

Credits

HeistHeistHeistHeistHeistHeistHeistHeistHeist

(condensed by admin)

[This message has been edited by Jean-Pierre Bazinet (edited 09-21-2001).]

Ryan33 Guest

From Hell

Credits

anyone who votes for royal tenenbaums is a moron- its the best one on here-

FROM HELL looks awful.

FROM HELL

Credits

Thumbs down

Royal Tenembaums
    -Gizmo-

Credits

and just one comment about the alliance..

you guys really make yourselves look stupid. You win what exactly with this contest? Its a trailer that wins, you wont be splitting a million dollars when this is done. The whole point of this is to vote off what YOU think is the worst trailer left, not to go with what everyone else is going with. For my vote, i dont even look at the others until after mine is submitted. This way i know im not being some stupid sheep, joining an alliance for a game im not even in the running for.. this is TRAILER survivor.

Credits

As it seems to me, the "alliance" is more humorous than anything else. I'll team up with the alliance up until the point they start voting for the royal tenenbaums, thats where I draw the line

Credits

Ali

Credits

HEIST

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast